Steam moderator corrupt

XenSakura

Just so you know, don't trust steam mods. They won't help you whenever something bad happens. A person (that I'm not going to identify) was impersonating me, so I reported him and I come back a few hours later and the guy faces no consequences while the moderator forum-banned me temporarily and changed my name. Is there anyway that I can report this moderator on steam? I'm guessing that steam support is stupid.

That's impossible.

It's impossible that a steam mod banned you. More like a group mod banned you from a non-official group. Also they wouldn't even care if someone is impersonating you or not, because tons of people have the same nicks and they aren't banned. Someone impersonated you and you got banned instead, but basically - nothing can't be done here probably. If he's impersonating you with the thought to scam others then report him on steam-rep or something like that. 

And also - Official Steam Mods and Admins have a special mark on forums and a badge on their profiles if I remember correctly.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Mew2! said:

What is?

Did you not read all the other words in his post?

Why would some even impersonate you? You don't have any reputablility in the community. Just ignore the impersonators, they have no gain in impersonating you asides from jokes and trolling.

9 minutes ago, ksolis01 said:

Why would some even impersonate you? You don't have any reputablility in the community. Just ignore the impersonators, they have no gain in impersonating you asides from jokes and trolling.

wasn't a proper impersonation. Guy's name was Mew2, thats it, different profile picture. Might've overreacted maybe resulting in a ban, not sure.

But i personally don't see this as a impersonation.

1 hour ago, Mew2! said:

Just so you know, don't trust steam mods. They won't help you whenever something bad happens. A person (that I'm not going to identify) was impersonating me, so I reported him and I come back a few hours later and the guy faces no consequences while the moderator forum-banned me temporarily and changed my name. Is there anyway that I can report this moderator on steam? I'm guessing that steam support is stupid.

I've never seen anyone impersonate any profile that was less then 1,000 ref. impersonators like to fake big profiles not tiny ones 

as for the ban it was probs a group mod and you posted in the wrong group

if you truly feel that this is an impersonation then make a report on steamrep and not here

2 hours ago, Piterek said:

That's impossible.

It's impossible that a steam mod banned you. More like a group mod banned you from a non-official group. Also they wouldn't even care if someone is impersonating you or not, because tons of people have the same nicks and they aren't banned. Someone impersonated you and you got banned instead, but basically - nothing can't be done here probably. If he's impersonating you with the thought to scam others then report him on steam-rep or something like that. 

And also - Official Steam Mods and Admins have a special mark on forums and a badge on their profiles if I remember correctly.

T was an official steam mod

2 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Did you not read all the other words in his post?

He just edited it

1 hour ago, Big Fat Penguin said:

wasn't a proper impersonation. Guy's name was Mew2, thats it, different profile picture. Might've overreacted maybe resulting in a ban, not sure.

But i personally don't see this as a impersonation.

Hey I didn't bring it up. Notice how I said that I wasn't gonna mention it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piterek said:

That's impossible.

It was only temporarily and it's forumbanned

On 7/23/2017 at 4:45 AM, Toad said:

Because that's somehow relevant to this thread. 

You mean irrelevant.

I think OP just wants attention.  Hence the odd questions, troll outposts and owning 150+ key unusuals.

If only met one moderator that was horrible and would just lock a harmless suggestion thread just cos he thought it was pointless suggestion, i suggested better security and a authenticator for steam, look now we finally have that option, and things are much better, no more phishers either that randomly add you all day, now if only they could make it so no one can send you friend request and would have to post a comment on profile to get you to friend request them.

If met one steam moderator btw that begged me to change back old post cos he believed it was helpfull for fixing the game, if not edited back that post even now, because i believe game devs should just fix there crappy game, not have users fix it for them, the issue got fixed now though, but it was kind of hilarious the desperation the moderator had for me to change my post back again, i was pissed off that he moved it to tech support giving it less visibility.