xTH3RM4Lx    46
xTH3RM4Lx

Your age:

Your geographical location:

London, England

How long have you been using backpack.tf:

5 years

Time you are able to devote to moderation on a daily/weekly basis:

Most of the time I should be able to put in a couple or so hours of work at the least per day (that would be for busy days), but when I'm completely free though I can see myself being on the website for literally the whole day.

I'm usually always online but will stick to a couple hours a day to be on the safe side.

Why you want to be a moderator?

At the beginning of my suggesting career, I started off as a pretty rubbish suggester, people telling me to quit. Despite having a voting/suggestion accuracy of around 50% at the time I was determined to continue helping the site out by learning and listening to more experienced suggesters' advice and now, I believe I have got enough experience to start a new chapter and begin price moderating and to continue to learn and improve.

Are you currently an admin/mod elsewhere?

No

Past experiences as an admin/mod:

I am a group admin of a raffle group I made but I haven't used this in a very long time.

Have you ever been trade banned or tagged as a scammer on steamrep?

No

Include any additional information that could help you:

Polar and Teeny hit me up after the first unusual pricing event and let me know they were interested in me applying however not all the mods believed I was up to par yet so since then I have been trying to provide feedback/extra proof on suggestions and improving myself and now after talking to Teeny several times in the last few months I believe I am ready now. 

I have been an active trader for the past 5 years now which I believe further supports why tf2 pricing would be a good role for me. My backpack value is currently $4000. I have helped several other suggesters in the past and never complain when someone starting off asks for help. My all time stats on backpack.tf are as follows: 87.82% on suggestion voting from 36000+ votes and 95.16% on suggestions from 3000+ suggestions. (Last months stats: 91.70% voting accuracy from 1433 votes and 99.36% suggestion accuracy from 156 suggestions)

I am the #2 contributor on the site with the 2nd most suggestions accepted (not including d0 of course, otherwise 3rd). I am close to a quadruple black belt.

Came in second place for the first unusual pricing event and was awarded the MVP for the second pricing event.

I have made a variety of suggestions over my career so far including normal unique items and unusuals.

Another important quality that I believe is useful for a moderator is that I am very patient with people and usually never lose my temper.

Lastly not really something that could help me but worth mentioning, I make mistakes at times and I'm not perfect but I think that's important that I try my best and give it my all.

Include a link to your backpack.tf profile:

http://backpack.tf/u/76561198061108999

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts and feedback. Negative or positive!

A Delicious Cashew    1331
A Delicious Cashew

+1 from me, there is no doubt you have improved over the years. I remember thinking that you made low quality suggestions back when you were nearing your first black belt. However, you've fixed whatever issues there were and I know I can trust you with both non-unusuals and unusuals. Your recent work in the pricing events and your trading experience show that you have extensive knowledge about unusuals. 

I believe this has been pointed out before, but I want to bring it up here. The quality that sets you apart from other people is that you are always willing to add your reasoning and have thoughtful conversations with moderators on suggestions. You aren't afraid to point out flaws in our findings or prove us wrong. You sometimes add a different perspective to the suggestion. You also seem to be a calm person and have a mature demeanor 

Moose    44
Moose

+1 Been suggesting for ages. Have had plenty of experience in and around the community, always helping others with suggestions. Had experience with both unusual and non unusual suggestions.

saveriocello    23
saveriocello

+1 almost every suggestion I see from blaze almost always go though and when we comments on someones sugg and they fix it it also almost always go through

Crazyy Cow    14
Crazyy Cow

+1 you know blaze, you may not remember me but wayy back in the day you helped me out on a sugg. Damn nice and pretty good and active. Main thing that sets you apart is your ability to do all types of suggs (unusual, genuine, unique, strange) and keep them balanced.

killerpanda993    7
killerpanda993
Posted (edited)

+1 ever since I saw him comment on something of mine a year ago, I've been seeing him more and more on here. 

No Paul....not +rep, its a +1 -.-

Edited by killerpanda993
+1..not +rep

Zeus_Junior    84
Zeus_Junior

+1!

You told me you wanted to get to 3000 suggestions before turning 18 and applying. At the time that would mean 3 per day to actually get there. (If I remember correctly)

You almost did it. Holy shiz :^)

It has always amazed me how you were/are able to make suggestions that, 90% of the time, get accepted.

Good luck and have fun if you become a part of the mod team :)

you actually almost reached 3000 lol.

polar    3452
polar

:) 

This application is a case-in-point for all the people I've seen through the years under 18 who have insisted that they were mature enough to apply for the mod position. 

The fact that you made suggestions like this - https://backpack.tf/suggestion/515e5360ba2536731e00000e - when you were 14 is actually quite impressive. You have always been level-headed - and that's important - but maturity is about more than being likeable and being levelheaded. It's just as much about carrying yourself with a grace and dignity that commands the respect of members of the community. 

I remember the common refrain I used to hear from you - "fair enough." Anytime a mod or experienced suggester said anything you would pretty much change your range to whatever was suggested. The biggest change I have seen from you is your confidence and conviction. On tough suggestions where there's really no right answer, you push back and justify why believe your opinion matters and should be considered, so much so that I have at times found myself saying "fair enough" in reply. This is ESSENTIAL for a community leader, and I have no doubt that this would only improve. 

Blaze, it's great to see you here - not just with an application in hand - but here in a position where you make such a strong candidate. 

FishtheFish    255
FishtheFish

I'm currently on vacation, but I feel so strongly about this application that I'm willing to be inconvenienced with mobile and bad internet shenanigans, though I'm afraid most of what I've wanted to say has already been said and I would merely be reiterating. You've been suggesting alongside me since when I started and you show no signs of stopping. Your dedication to this site is almost unmatched and while I haven't been tracking your progress from the very start, I have observed some stark improvements, especially in recent times. I have no doubt in my mind that you'd be a strong asset to our team. +1, duh.

Foamy the Fearsome    619
Foamy the Fearsome

I was among the moderators that had my doubts when you were first proposed as moderator candidate a little over half a year ago. Despite evident experience, I still questioned a lot of your range and outlier decisions, which is an important part of what we as moderators do, which was my main concern regarding trusting your judgment. 

In the past few months however, I've seen a strong improvement in this area, which, over time, convinced me that you would be suitable now. The work you have done in the event, despite having an unfortunate team composition definitely helped, too.

I think you'll be a solid and versatile addition to the team in the low-mid tier unusuals, and non-unusuals as well - something I personally dont handle :P