is it me or is tf2 outpost a really crappy site now?

BaddyGames

The usual, sites want money so they try and throw as many ads at you and try to deter adblockers.

Don't know about the signing out part though.

Personally I think sites like that aren't good, you don't see Scrap.tf or Backpack.tf doing it, yet, I wouldn't use them.

3 hours ago, saveriocello said:

I heard that it also had malware ads so be careful if you use it still

Yeah the old Backpack.tf had some of those so I don't doubt other sites do, so just to be safe if you see a site that bypasses the adblocker, don't use it.

Better safe then sorry.

You can probably research more on it if you want a better answer, though.

Its infected,it have a malware,i have been told by a friend of mine that is experienced with coding and hacking that the website is infected with a botnet.

Its also bad when your mid way through making a trade putting your prices n' stuff and the page reloads and opens like 5 other virus tabs so you have to restart 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BaddyGames said:

adblock doesn't block its redirecting ads, constantly signs me out. what happened to it

I've been noticing a lot of similar problems with outpost. Tbh, at this point it doesn't do anything that backpack.tf can't so I'm not quite sure why so many people still use it. 

Ive been using TF2 Outpost for around 5 years and it has ALWAYS had Malware ads. The best way to not have to deal with the Malware ads are to get Premium to remove the ads all together

Back in the day it used to be $5 a month, but now its $1 a month. Why you ask? 

IMO its because nobody uses Outpost anymore, the ads are loud as hell sometimes, and the website will give malware VIA ads.

14 minutes ago, Geel said:

I'd rather make backpack a proper competitor.

Awesome we'll love to see that :)

Well why wouldn't they try and prevent adblock? It's $1 a month for premium there then you don't have to worry about the ads.

5 hours ago, Geel said:

Make it so backpack tf can advertise things that you have on the steam market. It is the sole reason I use outpost since the steam market still has more volume than marketplace for some items.

8 hours ago, Geel said:

Please do, OP is so bad at this point😬

8 hours ago, Jessica said:

Well why wouldn't they try and prevent adblock? It's $1 a month for premium there then you don't have to worry about the ads.

Because by bypassing adblock, viruses are being spread. It's annoying, and not a "feature" that anyone should have to deal with. It happens to me as well, and I don't run adblock