Is Infernal Smoke Taunt: Second Rate Sorcery Themed?

Pyotoru

Hello i wanted to start some small talk about this unusual taunt.

But first, when or how we can say if unusual is themed?

That is probably when hat's look/design match the effect it has. Some good examples are Aces High Hat of Cards - card in hat design + cards as an an effet; Skill Gotten Gains Taunt: Buy A Life - taunt with money as props + money effect. Also if it would exist probably Aces High Soldier's Stash would be considered as themed, but sadly its removed from drop/uncrating etc.

It is also known that those hats are priced higher because are themed (higher than should with its effect tier).

So we have now taunt which animation is spell casting, 100% related to Halloween, so all Halloween effects should be considered as themed? (or not?) so why i say that just Infernal Smoke is themed and not all Halloween effects?

To be more accurate taunt's animation is - casting spells with green sparkles (screen of mine - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937197764)

So we have here green Halloween effect with Halloween related taunt which sparkle effect (part of animation) is also green. Pretty themed or not?

But somehow this effect is cheapest of all Halloween effects for Second Rate Sorcery, weird.

Lower price of all Halloween effects Second Rate Sorceries is of course result of many being "unboxed" during Halloween and other high tier effects being more rare (like Holy Grail, Fountain of Delight etc.). But if number of taunts with Halloween and regular effects would be similar (maybe in future), would they be worth more than regular effects becuase of being Halloween themed? 

So what do you guys think? Is it themed? Is it not? Why it is cheapest of Halloween effects Second Rate Sorcery?

Also its not advertisting of mine taunt because its not for sale :P

every Halloween unusual effect on a Halloween item is basically themed, only difference is that you don't have a wizard costume on

• Like 2

They technically might be themed, but don't try to sell it as a themed item. 

Saying the Second Rate Sorcery is themed would be like saying the Crones Dome is themed. It's ridiculous. If everything is themed, then nothing is themed. 

For me, there are only two things that make themed hats good:

1) The theme is so obvious that it doesn't even have to be said. eg. MG/D@D Kabuto/Samur-Eye, Aces HoC, Flies Grimm Hatte

2) The theme shouldn't apply so easily, ubiquitously or universally. eg. Burning/Scorching/Any other fire effect on a Pyro hat, Halloween effects on Halloween hats, Blizzardy on Winter hats

I have to say, though, Infernal Smoke on Second Rate looks dope.  

1 hour ago, Discovery said:

1) The theme is so obvious that it doesn't even have to be said. eg. MG/D@D Kabuto/Samur-Eye, Aces HoC, Flies Grimm Hatte

MG/D@D Kabuto/Samur-Eye they are themed? o.O? it doesnt look obvious

4 hours ago, Apple3141 said:

They technically might be themed, but don't try to sell it as a themed item. 

Saying the Second Rate Sorcery is themed would be like saying the Crones Dome is themed. It's ridiculous. If everything is themed, then nothing is themed. 

&

1 hour ago, Happysedits said:

If you were to sell it you wont most likely get more than current bp.tf price.

thanks for not reading my full post...

On 6/27/2017 at 10:17 PM, Pyotoru said:

MG/D@D Kabuto/Samur-Eye they are themed? o.O? it doesnt look obvious

Unrelated: Sunbeams looks awesome on those hats as well

Japan = Land of the Rising Sun.

Oh fuck I just broke my own rule. Welp, gotta remain consistent and intellectually honest.  ;)

On 6/27/2017 at 8:29 PM, Discovery said:

1) The theme is so obvious that it doesn't even have to be said. eg. MG/D@D Kabuto/Samur-Eye BULLSHIT, Aces HoC, Flies Grimm Hatte