Retracting an accepted offer

PlusEighteen

Before I leave a negative trust and get counter banned, is it acceptable to give someone a negative trust rating when they made an offer, you accepted, then they lowered their offer expecting you to still accept? It's a pretty sleazy thing to do in my opinion, but people can change their minds, though they shouldn't offer things they aren't willing to trade.

Ex. A: I'll pay 30. B: Okay, I'll take 30. A: Well I only want to offer 20 now.

21 minutes ago, PlusEighteen said:

Before I leave a negative trust and get counter banned, is it acceptable to give someone a negative trust rating when they made an offer, you accepted, then they lowered their offer expecting you to still accept? It's a pretty sleazy thing to do in my opinion, but people can change their minds, though they shouldn't offer things they aren't willing to trade.

Ex. A: I'll pay 30. B: Okay, I'll take 30. A: Well I only want to offer 20 now.

It's a shitty move and reeks of immaturity, but no, that's not something that falls under the trust category. 

27 minutes ago, Budi said:

It's a shitty move and reeks of immaturity, but no, that's not something that falls under the trust category. 

Oh well. Just have to make a personal note on that person then.

"Fraudulent activities" seems like it could cover a huge range of things.

• Administrators

While in some cases it would constitute a dick move, we cannot generally punish one for changing their mind.

The example as displayed is just someone that is terrible at haggling, or someone that is asking advice from experienced traders and does so too slow. I'd just ignore, delete and move on :P

• 1 month later...

I'm  more annoyed when sending someone a trade offer based on a listing, then having them send a counter offer that ups the price, what happens is that the person changed their listing price after getting the trade offer.
I usually decline and don't trade with that person again. It's shady and i might equate it to a scam attempt, depending on how much their upped the price. I'd rather that they just decline the trade and not counter it at all if they're going to do such things.

2 hours ago, HatWithoutATip said:

I'm  more annoyed when sending someone a trade offer based on a listing, then having them send a counter offer that ups the price, what happens is that the person changed their listing price after getting the trade offer.
I usually decline and don't trade with that person again. It's shady and i might equate it to a scam attempt, depending on how much their upped the price. I'd rather that they just decline the trade and not counter it at all if they're going to do such things.

If someone does this you should report them. I think the op is talking about private messages between users and the other user dropping out. But its against the rules to make fake buy listings as you described.

• Like 1