Things about yourself that you hate

Discovery

Whether it's a minor pet peeve of your own personality or an actual, deep, introspective resentment of a certain aspect of your character, what do you hate about yourself? Here are mine:

Poor decision maker

Procrastinator

Lacks empathy

Lazy reader

"Good enough" attitude when it comes to academics

• Administrators

Worry too much

Spend too much time/energy on people who don't really deserve it

Insomnia/poor sleeping habits

Procrastinate

Don't really hate these things as such, but they're the flaws I'd say I have.

-Pedantic

-Lazy

-Love Smissmas 2014 hats too much for my own good

-Just like teeny and discovery, a chronic procrastinator

-Gullible

All in no particular order.

Not really prone to self-loathing since knowing the problem is step one to knowing how to change.

But I can say I'm still prone to violent mood swings and some compulsions.

3 minutes ago, Bobsplosion said:

I'm just too good at everything and now I have nowhere to rise to.

You took mine!

• Like 2

I don't know how to play the bagpipes.                                                                                        yet.

Just now, Bobsplosion said:

Just like those collector's items.

Maybe yours should have been that out of all of your collector's items, only one of them is any good! And before you say 'better than none', I just did.

• Like 1

I get bored of things too easily.

I have things I really enjoy, but after a short period of time I quit it because they become boring. I have yet to find a thing I'll love doing for multiple years. Except of course wasting time on these forums.

• Administrators

I lack perseverance and a proper mentality to achieve much, other than pricing virtual hats

Oho, there's a whole darn lot I can say about this.

I would go through hell and back just so that I would not have to engage in social conversation. For example, my mum could say "Tell your brother to throw the trash." Instead of going to his room, I would get the trash myself and throw it in the rubbish box. If I saw an old mate on the way to a whatever, I would walk in the opposite direction until I found some alleyway or alternate route. It's not that I'm incapable of social interaction; I can interact with humans if I really want to. The problem is that many times I don't really want to.

Somehow, I found a way to combine egotistical and self-loathing.

I never liked the trends going on at the time, and my family praised me for not being like the terrible stuck-up brats of now. I liked this praise and then took it too far.

I always thought I was the best one in the room simply because "My music taste is better." or "My spelling is better than yours."

The eventual self-loathing of a teen came, I messed up shit real bad and kept calling myself incompetent and I kid you not, I said this to myself "lacking honor" 

I still held on to that "My __ is better" mentality. This was also in a time where I found out teens did stuff like smoke, drink, have sex. I was considered the good boy in the family, and thought "Ha! I am better than all these teens for never doing these things! These fools will fail in life!" said I while also contemplating that I will fail in life.

Somehow, I simultaneously thought I was the best around my peers while also thinking I'm the worst person ever. I don't do this anymore. In my mind, I never said "I am better than everyone else." I admitted that I wasn't perfect. I just thought that "Everybody around me is stupid." When I realized this is kinda the same thing (which shameful for me to say was only kind of recently), I dropped the "I am better" mentality and had to tell myself

"Yeah Alfie, you're terrible, horribly incompetent and your whole life, you truly weren't better than anybody else. You aren't better, but you can be." I'm not better than anybody else but I'm sure as hell gonna make myself a better person.

I have a bunch more in my mind but writing these paragraphs down has made me forget what other things so maybe later I guess