The update to Invision Community 4.2 Beta

Jessecar

• Administrators

The issues with donators not being able to access profiles and status updates has been fixed.

46 minutes ago, Uncle Dong said:

We need to beable to downvote comments and rate status updates. people must know if their post sucks

Status updates no

Comments.. uh like on status updates? lol

Anyway it looks weird and will take getting used to, but i like the leaderboards and stuff, das cool

2 minutes ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Status updates no

Comments.. uh like on status updates? lol

Anyway it looks weird and will take getting used to, but i like the leaderboards and stuff, das cool

right now i wish i could downvote this post

• Jessecar unpinned this topic

New beta looks nice, interested to see what theme tweaks you plan to bring

do you have any plugins that you want to potentially enable?

dark theme would be nice, as someone else said.

club system looks excellent.

leader boards have always been interesting to me, glad to see them enabled on these forums.

Overall I think it looks swell, excited to see the changes. Good work @Jessecar and Staff Team.

I can't find anything positive about this. Unnecessary complication of previously readily available actions, the generic "2016 tech startup" shit theme, messed up all them box sizes, embedded videos stretch the entire bloody screen, status updates completely ruined... That's after 15 minutes of using this... thing. If you care about security patch them issues out but leave the theme alone ffs.

Honestly, could not have imagined how could one make the site worse but you somehow managed.

18 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

I can't find anything positive about this. Unnecessary complication of previously readily available actions, the generic "2016 tech startup" shit theme, messed up all them box sizes, embedded videos stretch the entire bloody screen, status updates completely ruined... That's after 15 minutes of using this... thing. If you care about security patch them issues out but leave the theme alone ffs.

Honestly, could not have imagined how could one make the site worse but you somehow managed.

The forums had malware. For obvious reasons, a fresh installation of IPB was required to ensure that no malicious code was embedded into the forum software. You can't obtain a (legal) copy of the previous forum software anymore. Not to mention the license most likely only grants you the ability to use the version available at the time the license was bought (haven't read IP's license agreement but this is generally the case).

The forum can be themed. Granted it may not look exactly like the old theme but if it's a choice between having the old theme or having security updates then the choice is obvious.

And just patching the issues out is easier said than done. It would require auditing the entire codebase -- which is a lot and would take a lot of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Wishmaster said:

oi

And I, a consumer, should care about it because... From my perspective, everything was fine (shitty as it were), until the fire nation attacked, and made it even worse. What for? Nothing was broken for me, yet now everything is.

I understand your perspective. I disagree with it but I have no power over it. I can only complain in vain, and that's what I do.

I only have three complaints so far. Other than the following three things, I am quite happy with the changes, so great job Jessecar!

1. Yesterday (First day of new forums, 6/20/17) I was able to like/emote posts, but the option isnt available anymore, or at least not as apparent. How do I like/emote statuses and comments? 

2. Whenever I add "Status Updates" to me streams with the "+ Add to my streams" button then reload the page it asks me to add it again. Even if I set it as my default stream it still will ask me to add it to my streams again after I return to the status update page via a bookmark I have. Heres a gif of me Adding and Defaulting it, then reloading it to find that it wants me to do it again. Just thought I'd point it out, not sure if its just me or everyone https://gyazo.com/6de9dad887e2b7477ebfbf7951f60ed0

3. This is much more of a cosmetic request, but I hope in the future there is some way for each user to personally decide color themes. This is available on bazaar.tf if youd like to see that for reference to what I am talking about, but I would mighty sure appreciate a purple theme to match the pretty new forums! (Gif of bazaar.tf's color customization options https://gyazo.com/266bee38ed040e1f2c279515e54893a2 )

<3

I do like the new update of the forums, more modern look.

Will need to adjust to the new forums but otherwise I don't have any complaints.

With the previous forums, I was able to access the desktop version of the site on my iPhone (using Safari) simply by scrolling all the way down and tapping on a "Full Version" button. However, now I can no longer access the desktop site because such button no longer exists. Even if I use Safari's built-in Request Desktop Site function, the site does not give me the desktop version.

Is it possible to somehow access the desktop version of these forums on iPhone Safari? I know I can simply use a different browser like Puffin, but it would be nice if I can access it on Safari.