Headset Problem?

YeahImAndrew

My headset (Logitech g230, great headset would reccommend), keeps transmitting some kinda static-y noises.

Not really sure how to describe it, I'd say that the noises are kind of similar to a computer being on (as in that quiet-ish noise), as well as sometimes getting static, the kind of static which you get before someone calls you on your phone or something. The intervention-y thingy if you know what I mean.

I have tried updating my realtek drivers, as well as trying the headset on another computer (typing on it rn cause my internet adapter died on main), in which it worked perfectly.

My computer detects music or other noise, and shows that it's being played, but none of the sound is actually playing on my headset.

Also, I find it funny that this had to happen a few days after my internet adapter died.

Any solutions? Should I try to explain better?

Maybe it's a problem with your computer?

Since you said that the headset works on another computer fine, maybe the ports on your main computer died? How old is it?

Explaining it a bit better would help.

Sounds like dead/damaged ports, not much you can do to fix it other than do some shit with a soldering iron.

I have the same problem, been using usb speakers for over 2 years now so that's fun.

Your best bet is just to buy a usb headset.

Maybe it's a problem with your computer?

Since you said that the headset works on another computer fine, maybe the ports on your main computer died? How old is it?

Explaining it a bit better would help.

The computer is only 3 months old, not sure how if i've managed to fuck it up already.

Sounds like dead/damaged ports, not much you can do to fix it other than do some shit with a soldering iron.

I have the same problem, been using usb speakers for over 2 years now so that's fun.

Your best bet is just to buy a usb headset.

How do the ports even die?

How do the ports even die?

Would also like to mention that i have a headset + mic port behind as well, and the same thing happens to them too.

Just tried a pair of earbuds in the computer, I got the same issue.

Fuck.

Is the issue there on both headphone jacks? 

Is the issue there on both headphone jacks? 

Both Audio Jacks on the computer, yes. Both of the headsets work just fine.

Well, does anyone know how to fix a fucked up audio jack?

On 20/06/2017 at 6:30 PM, YeahImAndrew said:

As far as I know the only way is to whip out a soldering iron and look up some youtube tutorials. Other than that, you may have to get it fixed by a pc store

On 6/20/2017 at 1:30 PM, YeahImAndrew said:

16 hours ago, Not Applicable said:

As far as I know the only way is to whip out a soldering iron and look up some youtube tutorials. Other than that, you may have to get it fixed by a pc store

It's possible (I'd say more likely if both the front and rear jacks are having the issue) that the audio traces on the motherboard are picking up electrical interference or the audio chipset is bad. 

I'd either find a USB-headset or look for a cheap PCI/PCIE/USB sound card.