i need help

AlperOPS

i am a f2p but i want to trade a hat that i like what can i do(i have its refined worth)

and how can a f2p utilize this website and can you make a guide about f2p utilizing this site.thanks

p.s sorry for murdering all grammer rules of english

what is it?

Pretty much any basic weapon like a huntsman or such.

But you're best off buying something like a key, tour of duty ticket, or a higher-tier paint, as those can be resold for almost what you paid for them while still allowing you to retain your premium status.

Buy something from the Mann co store, which i believe the cheapest thing is $0.50

and if a get something(i.e a case or distinguished rogue) from community market would it be upgrade me too?

and if a get something(i.e a case or distinguished rogue) from community market would it be upgrade me too?

No, it's gotta be through the Mann Co. Store, not the SCM.

I thought you could trade with a F2P as long as you were the one that initiated the trade? 

What hat is it you are looking for ultimately?

I was a free to play up until about 500 hours and I actually started my scrap to unusual as a free to play so I am familiar with how this works.

As a free to play, you can trade only what other people trade you. That means if someone gives you a free item, you can trade that item for another. And then you can trade that item, and so on. I actually began trading this way; I won some hats from a scrap.tf raffle and used that to begin my journey.

However, as a free to play, any items you find from a random drop and any items you craft are NOT tradable. So if someone gave you that metal for free, you're good. Otherwise, if you crafted that metal, you're out of luck; you can't buy the hat.

As for using this site as a free to play, it's not that bad. The problems only come if you have nothing to trade. The bigger problem in this case is if you have Steam Mobile Authenticator.

As for becoming premium, I would recommend buying the tour of duty ticket from the Mann. Co Store. It gives the most refined value for a dollar. The other person who said that there is an item on sale for a dollar is outdated. They recently cnahged the prices so that the cheapest thing there is a dollar.

However, because the minimum Steam funds deposit amount is $5, you'll probably end up spending more money. I ended up using one of those sketchy "watch ads, get free gift cards" apps on the App Store because my parents didn't want to spend any money on Steam. It worked, and I've been using it ever since. Unfortunately, the app got taken down in the US, probably cause it's illegal or something, but I downloaded it before so I can keep using it for free stuff.

Side note: What is the hat that you want? Just so I know how much it is worth.