Question regarding painted items.

ppapa2000

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if paint counts on specific items / cosmetics. If so, how much does it count and which paints raise the price of the item?

Thanks.

Paints very rarely raise the price of an item. There are few exceptions. The only paints that ever raise the value of a hat are pink, lime, white, team colored, and sometimes black. And note that most of the time not even those paints raise the price of a hat.

For example, you would need a great paint on a great hat to raise the price of an item. Otherwise, the price of a paint is almost always ignored. For example, some people will pay an extra few scrap for a pink Bruisers Bandanna.

However, if you are going for profit, I highly recommend not paying extra for paints.

• Like 1

Paints very rarely raise the price of an item. There are few exceptions. The only paints that ever raise the value of a hat are pink, lime, white, team colored, and sometimes black. And note that most of the time not even those paints raise the price of a hat.

For example, you would need a great paint on a great hat to raise the price of an item. Otherwise, the price of a paint is almost always ignored. For example, some people will pay an extra few scrap for a pink Bruisers Bandanna.

However, if you are going for profit, I highly recommend not paying extra for paints.

Imo this is incorrect.

Ive begun to trade now, and the bulk of my profit in item for item trades has been with paint.

Imo this is incorrect.

Ive begun to trade now, and the bulk of my profit in item for item trades has been with paint.

Well, maybe you're an outlier. When I was doing my scrap to unusual, I tried getting people to pay extra for paints and I would end up taking several hours to make what I could've done in half the time otherwise.