What do you collect? Share!

HarryG

As a materialistic nerd, I collect so much shit.

Right now my core collecting focus is Video games. As indicated in my signature, I'm sitting at around 1700 physical games and accessories. My central focus there has been trying to collect a complete North American Xbox 360 collection (though I still add to my other systems as I find deals). Right now, I've got 490 games left to get. It seems like a lot, until you realize that the entire library is about 1,200 titles.

Next up are board and card games. There's just so many different games out there and they all have their unique appeals, that it just makes you want to build up a massive library. I do include the collectible card games in this collection, but I don't really add much to those collections these days, though I still retain a sizable collection of Star Wars Miniatures, Star Trek CCG, Star Wars CCG, and Pokemon.

And no nerdy collection is complete without the toys. For those, I collect Lego sets and vintage action figures from Star Wars and Star Trek. The Lego sets are mainly what I find looks cool (or find for dirt cheap), and for the action figures, right now, my main focus are on the Playmates Star Trek figures from the mid-90's. There's something satisfying about being able to nab all the toys you wanted when you were a kid.

I do also have a massive library of books, but I can't really say I collect them, they just keep accumulating. Notable items from there are 1st editions of the Silmarillion and A Canticle for Leibowitz and a copy of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise autographed by the late James Doohan.

Picture Time:

My 360, DS, and 3DS shelves:

zpfblVh.jpg

My Board Game Shelves:

OzVVFly.jpg

The bulk of my Star Wars figures:

4qGf7Iu.jpg

Some of my Lego shelves:

6jTDHvK.jpg?1

And as a semi-related pic, I got my gaming group interested in learning to play Star Wars miniatures, so I've recently cracked open the collection and made a bunch of squads for everyone to work with. I think 25 is enough:

eh1ySsq.jpg

snip

I am really curious. What is your average play time for your physicals games? That is an impressive collection.

Game consoles and handhelds.

I don't have any pics currently, coz everything is in a shambles.

So far I have:

5 N64s: 1 Green, 1 Orange, 1 Smoke black, and 2 black.

2 Super NES'

2 NES

1 Doctor V64 (a N64 CD drive)

1 Clear white XBOX

1 XBOX

Too many to count Gameboys, Gameboy Colours, Gameboy Pockets.

10 Gameboy Advances

6 Gameboy Advance SPs

2 Gameboy Micros

1 Of each model of PSP

5 2DS'

2 3DS'

3 'New!' 3DSXL

2 Gamecubes

1 Pink PS2

I also collect Pokemon cards, and have a complete Base Set, as well as some other sets.

I also have a small collection of Zippos and novelty lighters.

• Like 3

I am really curious. What is your average play time for your physicals games? That is an impressive collection.

Really depends on the game. I'll admit I've only played about a third of them at this point (lack of free time, the great adult curse), but there are several in there that I've sunk 100+ hours on. I've also racked up quite a few completions; Some, I've enjoyed (Dragon Age: Origins, Tales of Vesperia, etc.), others have left me scratching my head at my own stubborn determination to finish that "experience" (Space Chimps, Barbie Puppy Rescue).

If you really want to delve into all my gaming history and all that: https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/EmporerDragon

Donald duck pockets, double pockets, mini pockets, vacation books.

No idea if they're called "pockets" or "pocketbooks" in english sorry :P

Will upload a pic later Cuz I'm at school

I used to collect a lot of hot wheels when I was a kid, I still have my big ass briefcase full of them lying around somewhere of my shed.

Donald duck pockets, double pockets, mini pockets, vacation books.

No idea if they're called "pockets" or "pocketbooks" in english sorry :P

Will upload a pic later Cuz I'm at school

Few pictures of my Donald Duck pockets:

https://imgur.com/a/WQyrY

I know that i can just go to a store and buy them all, but whats the fun in that? I search for them on markets where people get rid of their old things. The mini pockets are not made anymore and i'm only missing nr 3 :c

• Like 2

most costly collection here tbh

Not sure where you get that from. I was a math major and my books were never more than like $150 per semester (aside from maybe my freshman first semester). Even the graduate textbooks...

most costly collection here tbh

Ehh...while expensive, they can't really compare to the money sink that is collectible gaming. You can have Magic decks or Warhammer armies that'll cost more than a person's tuition.

Hell, in my last pic, some of those little figures are about $50 apiece.

snip

Awesome stuff here Scott! The Star Wars Miniatures particularly strike my eye because I have a small collection of these as well that I build up on from time to time. I'll upload some pics of those as well (noticing a few cool and in some cases sizably pricy pieces we share just from this pic, for example I spy RS Palpatine, Royal Guard, Probe Droid, ol' Wheel Bike, and Junk Golem in there). Pretty awesome to see some pieces I'm missing (CS Durge and Darth Nihilius; so jealous!). In the meantime here are some pics of my reference books (assorted with a few other books scattered in there; there's maybe a dozen or so more reference books in other places of my houses)

905f7ceee837df4d7dde75930efc2f08.jpg

and my out of box funko pops to tide you guys over.

6464382c5b652b4f926cf7a090af8361.jpg

In the future I could probably upload a collection tour for both of my houses- I have more assorted stuff including sports cards (some pretty cool rookie cards and a 1974 Hank Aaron "New" All-Time Home run King card (albeit not in super duper condition as it was my dads) are highlights) that I could show. That would be fun to do I think. Any interest?

• Like 1

Haven't been much of a collector myself.

I have roughly 20 beyblades (metal series)

Couple Manga series of both Pokemon and Legend of Zelda

Here's what I do have:

Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Zelda are more prominent

xaGJFbV.jpg

My little video game drawer:

(I wish I had my N64, GameCube, DS, and the rest of my Wii stuff w/ me.

RhHcMB6.jpg

Pokémon Sun is my sister's copy.

• Like 4

-snip-

this stuff is so cool, I have a fairly small star wars figure collection and have always wanted to get a really fleshed out lego star wars vehicle collection

just out of curiosity, do you ever/have you ever considered taking the figures out of their packaging, or are you keeping them in just in case you want to resell? Also, where do you find the lego sets cheap, they always seem so expensive

Awesome stuff here Scott! The Star Wars Miniatures particularly strike my eye because I have a small collection of these as well that I build up on from time to time. I'll upload some pics of those as well (noticing a few cool and in some cases sizably pricy pieces we share just from this pic, for example I spy RS Palpatine, Royal Guard, Probe Droid, ol' Wheel Bike, and Junk Golem in there). Pretty awesome to see some pieces I'm missing (CS Durge and Darth Nihilius; so jealous!).

I'll say I've got an absurdly large collection of SWM overall, and that's after trimming it down twice. Right now, I'm sitting at around 2,500 minis in the collection and am only missing 18 figures (3 BH, 6 A&E, 7 KOTOR, 1 GaW, and 1 MotF) across all sets (not counting Rebels and Imperials as that was just a waste of money). Probably the silliest bit of excess there is that I own 150 Gonk Power Droids, as I once found an ebay auction for a literal gross of them and bought them because they were cheap and that I could. Though, even with all that, If my introduction goes well tomorrow, I'll have to buy more once I introduce the V-sets to the group.

just out of curiosity, do you ever/have you ever considered taking the figures out of their packaging, or are you keeping them in just in case you want to resell? Also, where do you find the lego sets cheap, they always seem so expensive

The temptation to open is there, but I already have plenty of other neat stuff to display, and keeping them in box means I'm not at risk of losing anything nor to I have to concern myself with as much dusting (one of my eternal nemeses). I do have some stuff opened and on display though, namely the Unleashed statues, my Mighty Mugg collection, and the Titanium Vehicles. I will admit to having some pangs of regret when I see how expensive some of them have gotten over the years (Who would've thought that a Separatist transport would wind up being worth about $100 while Vader's TIE Advanced and the Slave 1 barely crack $20?).

As for the Lego sets, it's more of a matter of vigilance, keeping an eye out for sales and clearances. Working in retail myself also helps as that allows me to invoke the time-honored tradition of dibs. Right now I'm just waiting for a good hit on the Fortrex from Nexo Knights. Probably the best deal I've gotten was a Sith Interceptor set for under $20. Still haven't gotten around to building that though (yes, I have a Lego backlog as well).

• Like 2

Free-for-a-time games on Steam LUL

Hopes and dreams.

And bits of my heart. <3

I collect bits and pieces of random metals i find on the ground at work, and sometimes I make jewelry out of them

Got some old comics! The oldest of the four (and the coolest just because WTF, rainbow creature and 2D batman and robin?) is the Batman comic, it's from 1960. The others are pretty neat as well.

a13fc1bec3d4bcc00e1d577efc3cdfcb.png

fbae2e1130e5d9835ff2a9148728bf4b.png

71d1ea419bd40573832b9345acf242c7.png

1b563496fde72e07deb93d3a02d70910.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to recently acquire one of the sacred games of the internet. Behold, the one game made for one of the greatest animes of all time:

SBL5y4P.jpg

2 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

I have managed to recently acquire one of the sacred games of the internet. Behold, the one game made for one of the greatest animes of all time:

Hide contents

SBL5y4P.jpg

The crown jewel of the collection