What do you collect? Share!

HarryG

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I'm very proud of it, I'm a huge nerd when it comes to reading.

As I have all the personality of my dad, uncle and grandpa combined, there is one huge thing that stands out.

I collect Belgian Comics.

These aren't your American comic books, these are Belgian ones, the best kind of ones.

I have all the Urbanus ones, All the Spike and Suzy ones, all in all, I have pretty much all the existing comics that exist in Belgium. 

My most prized possesions have to be, hold yourself tight, all the original, Lucky Luke's, Urbanus, Rode Ridder, all the original Suzy and Spikes and ALL the original Nero's!

The picture I provided, is only a small fracture of my collection, that picture maybe only has around  50 to 100+ comics, and those are a couple of Dirk-Jans (Very recent Dutch comics) and a couple of newer Belgian comics which aren't that special to me, but I will store them later.

My prized possesions are kept in a germ-free, protected against moths and water-free closet.

Some of these comics were bought from flea markets, and some of action houses.

But there is one comic that stands out, I could talk all about it, it's the first Nero I ever read.

That comic is kept in a plastic bag, and practically untouchable, it has been estimated to be around 100€ by an auction house.

Sadly, I don't have any of them signatured.

Also, sadly, the Suzy and Spikes, whilst in good state, I did write a number on them with a marker on it, but in the following months I am removing those markings delicately, and which will take days or months.

Hope my collection isn't boring though, all you guys also have interesting collections!

I also have comics from the 1900-1950's, but those are stored somewhere more secure. (Ex. Les Pieds Nickelés)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pilobacon said:

In my spare time, I've been searching out and purchasing anime figures

How much was that rohan? It looks pretty cool.

Just now, Soma is Batman said:

How much was that rohan? It looks pretty cool.

I forget how much exactly, maybe 60? Either way, I'm satisfied with my purchase. Glad you took interest btw, do you by chance collect figures as well?

1 minute ago, Pilobacon said:

I forget how much exactly, maybe 60? Either way, I'm satisfied with my purchase. Glad you took interest btw, do you by chance collect figures as well?

Figure collecting is my dream hobby once I've got a stable source of income. It looks so cool but the quality figures really do add up. I'm also interested in Macross mech kits, but it's same situation there. Can't wait till I have a real job, not an unpaid internship...

Just now, Soma is Batman said:

Figure collecting is my dream hobby once I've got a stable source of income. It looks so cool but the quality figures really do add up. I'm also interested in Macross mech kits, but it's same situation there. Can't wait till I have a real job, not an unpaid internship...

I feel you man, figure collecting can be expensive. Hopefully I'll be able to indulge in it more once I get a job this Fall.

1 hour ago, Pilobacon said:

In my spare time, I've been searching out and purchasing anime figures

Nice figures you got there