Runners

funkle

I'm curious. Who on these forums run? How often do you run? Do you aim for speed or distance? Outdoors or treadmill stuff? Go into detail and let me know your routine. 

Personally, I run more speed than anything. I've worked my mile time down to almost a 6:20 if I really go all in. Though I'll change it up and run distance sometimes and have been thinking about trying for a half marathon. I can run up to 6 miles on an average day and 8 if I really wanna take the time and effort. Running distance isnt my favorite though. 

I've run cross-country and track for a year. I usually run three times a week in the off season, everyday except Sunday during the season. When I can't run due to injury, I'll go on an exercise bike most of the time.

Nice!

I started running about 2 years ago, however I aim for endurance since speed comes along with it, my routine is based on leg workouts during the week along with light jogging, the actual running is on the weekends, I aim for about 12-15 km on the running days, takes about an hour to finish mostly.

It's one of the things that makes me feel really good before a night o' sleep.

I ran xc and track all of high school and ran every day except weekends during the season and off-season, and I still get out for ~10k every other day in college

Sounds like a lot of you ran XC so it's a lot of distance runners. How do you occupy all that time on long runs?

A trusty playlist of songs always makes time run as fast as you do.

That's what I have to do for my 6 miles. I totally zone out and just get in stride, but this has also gotten me lost hahaha

The worst part is usually when my brain tries to coordinate my footsteps/breathing to the rhythm of the beats, going on auto-pilot is something I tend to avoid so much (and it keeps happening).

The worst part is usually when my brain tries to coordinate my footsteps/breathing to the rhythm of the beats, going on auto-pilot is something I tend to avoid so much (and it keeps happening).

I do that so much so I have to listen to like heavy rap music sometimes to keep my stride and pace on the same trend, I guess. Since it's  all usually the same pace beats and whatnot lol

When I run long distance, I spend my time just thinking to myself (playing songs in my head, general thoughts, etc.) or I look at the scenery around me. There are a lot of trails by where I live, plus they're wooded and cool, so I like to run there are look at the trees/look for wildlife/etc.

When I run long distance, I spend my time just thinking to myself (playing songs in my head, general thoughts, etc.) or I look at the scenery around me

same, my old coaches wouldn't let us listen to music while we run so I just use it as time to clear my head and think about stuff

My job requires a lot of walking so I've kind of worked myself into shape, but I've never been much of a runner. I'm more of a muscle builder than a runner, but I run with my friend and I can do a mile in about 8 minutes but i finish it panting like a motherfucker

I'm not out of shape, i'm just muscular and i dont have much endurance for that sort of thing. I can bench more than my body weight :)

My job requires a lot of walking so I've kind of worked myself into shape, but I've never been much of a runner. I'm more of a muscle builder than a runner, but I run with my friend and I can do a mile in about 8 minutes but i finish it panting like a motherfucker

I'm not out of shape, i'm just muscular and i dont have much endurance for that sort of thing. I can bench more than my body weight :)

My friend is the same way haha. He used to be a XC runner but when he went to college he did a lot more lifting and his running dropped off. I never used to run, but these days I can outrun him by a few miles. But he can outlift me by at least a few dozen lbs on anything lol