The economy solved!

Mr Furley

Imho I believe I've solved the problem. If valve made a 1 in 1000 (or whatever) chance of crafting an unusual through regular crafting, maybe even a effect only from crafting??. It would be a huge metal sink, problem solved. Thank you

• Like 3

That's pretty good!

Although maybe not an unusual. Maybe make it something like an Australium. But yeah it would have to be untradable.

The issue with all ref sinks(Valve employees have talked about this) is that the idling by bots would be viable again. And Valve doesn't want that. So they would have to fix that before they could make this.

This would crash the price of unusuals and induce the number of idle bots alooot. So the economy would get really hurt by this.

• Like 6

Make a special unusual. Not the one that exist like the crappy stamp unusual or coin unusual. And make the item untradable. Bots can farm this all they want i don't see how this would hurt the economy. If there is not cash incentive nobody is going to leave their computer on 24/7 doing this.

My idea would be silver australiums that you have a small chance of crafting instead. This would introduce a new item that would still accomplish the metal sink concept while not crashing prices of stuff and giving players a new set of items to trade. 

If crafted unusuals happened, pretty much most, if not all unusuals will crash down in price, causing a mass crisis on the unusual trading community. Unusuals would be as cheap as 3-4 keys while god-tier ones would go for 50 keys. It would probably raise metal and give a downfall of keys, making keys useless for trading, and maybe just for unboxing. Id say our current economy is stable and happy!

As a permanent feature, nah. But maybe another Golden Wrench-like event (but this time make it truly random so people can't predict when to craft)

My idea would be silver australiums that you have a small chance of crafting instead. This would introduce a new item that would still accomplish the metal sink concept while not crashing prices of stuff and giving players a new set of items to trade. 

I like the idea of the item being "different" Something silver makes sense, with the refined itself looking silver-ish. Making the item not tradeable would definitely help to not crash the market on other items. 

Now just quicksell the unusuals before you do that, and make sure bots farm the shit out of it!

Great idea tbh, i especially liked the "crashing the economy" part.

Valve will only do this if they make money from it. Sure, they can be a generous people at time, just look at Lord Gaben's sales, but in the end they're just another company and they only need one thing, money.

They need a cash incentive.