Scrap.TF is acquiring backpack.tf

Jessecar

• Administrators

Exactly for people like you I made this video

Premium shameless plug. I like it 

As for Geel's purchase, a big congrats. I can't wait to see all the site improvements ;D

• Like 1

My backpack is not very expensive at all.

Any belief in a conflict of interest can only be caused by a lack of understanding of how pricing on backpack.tf works. It could not be more transparent.

This is exclusively a good thing for the community. The site having someone behind it who can actually dedicate time, energy and resources to it could only be a good thing.

Moreover:

https://gyazo.com/5e36d4436aeb03dc0937f85dd79ed7d3

Geel's backpack currently weighs in at less than $1,000. For reference the actual top backpack in the game is nearing $82,000.

Not one of the largest Backpacks in the game by any definition.

Now let's look into the various bots that Geel uses for Marketplace.tf and Scrap.tf

Ranked 12, valued at 40k is a Marketplace.tf Bot

Ranked 19, valued at 33k is Scrap.tf Bot

Ranked 22, valued at 30k is a Marketplace.tf Bot

All at which Geel has access to.

These three bots go over the biggest backpack in the game. and there's still another 40+ bots left to go over. I'd even say right now if everybody somehow cashed out of TF2 right at this moment by some magic, Geel would be one person who would earn the most out of this.

But lets go over the idea of how pricing on Backpack.tf works.

If you want to value a large item, you need sufficient proof and the community to say it's A-Okay. To prevent people botting to bump up prices, backpacks much be of the same value of the hat being valued.

Sounds fair, except for one thing. A large portion of Geel's bots are valued at >10k and there's no way to check who voted.

Essentially, if Geel wants to bomb a price or boost it, all that is needed to go over most people's head is to redistribute the items in the bots to bump them over the threshold and then flood the suggestions.

Since Geel owns Backpack.tf now, any attempts at proving that Geel did such a thing so it'd go completely under the radar.

• Administrators

These three bots go over the biggest backpack in the game. and there's still another 40+ bots left to go over. I'd even say right now if everybody somehow cashed out of TF2 right at this moment by some magic, Geel would be one person who would earn the most out of this.

If you want to value a large item, you need sufficient proof and the community to say it's A-Okay. To prevent people botting to bump up prices, backpacks much be of the same value of the hat being valued.

Sounds fair, except for one thing. A large portion of Geel's bots are valued at >10k and there's no way to check who voted.

Essentially, if Geel wants to bomb a price or boost it, all that is needed to go over most people's head is to redistribute the items in the bots to bump them over the threshold and then flood the suggestions.

Since Geel owns Backpack.tf now, any attempts at proving that Geel did such a thing so it'd go completely under the radar.

Except that mods can see who voted, and mods are members of this community for years. The idea that we would allow this to happen without speaking out is completely ridiculous.

Now let's look into the various bots that Geel uses for Marketplace.tf and Scrap.tf

Ranked 12, valued at 40k is a Marketplace.tf Bot

Ranked 19, valued at 33k is Scrap.tf Bot

Ranked 22, valued at 30k is a Marketplace.tf Bot

All at which Geel has access to.

The items in the Marketplace bots aren't mine.

• Like 2