Kathy Griffin

WaTTs

Shit tier thread but i honestly cannot stand hearing about this women in the news anymore. Then all of a sudden i read this article - http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/entertainment/kathy-griffin-trump/index.html      

Where the fuck does she get off saying that Trump is ruining her life when she herself posted the provocative picture of her holding a severed head of Trump. No one told her to post this picture by any means. She thought it would be funny and edgy and now it has landed her in deep shit. "I'm going to make fun of him more now," she said. That's exactly what you need to do, turned out great the first time around why not continue being immature and asinine. She's lucky that she lives in the U.S because if she tried pulling this BS in any middle eastern country, she would be beheaded, lying in some ditch on the side of the road. Enough with the publicizing of this women, not worth mentioning her childish behavior any longer. 

I love the quote that they think she's receiving more backlash because she's a woman. Yeah, that's the reason. 

• Like 2

"Le ur not in midle easy bc u b dedd!!!" Fuck off, you can think whatever you want but you obviously care. You care enough to make this thread and voice your opinion. If you didn't care you wouldn't form an opinion in the first place. She's getting publicity bc ,not only did she post edgy shit, but she is receiving death threats.

And was contacted by secret service about investigation. I get some could find it offensive, (not sure why...who cares.. free speach baby)but is she really posing a threat?

• Like 2

Trump is a POS and deserves to be made fun of...

There's making fun of someone for being incompetent and then there's posing with his severed head like you're Jihadi John in an ISIS propaganda video.

• Like 2

Trump is a POS and deserves to be made fun of...

As someone who has an absolutist perspective on freedom of speech, I agree with you. I had no problem with Kathy Griffin pulling off that stunt, and Trump should not be exempt from criticism, whether it be constructive or otherwise.

That being said, however, freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences. She's just as allowed to do that stunt as much as we are allowed to criticize her for it. What she did was extremely provocative, yet somehow she expects not to receive backlash? 

But I could kind of excuse that, to be honest. Just another liberal idiot who thinks she's allowed to criticize anyone but is exempt from criticism herself; nothing out of the ordinary for the regressive left. But what pisses me off is that she thinks the reason she's receiving hate is because she's a woman. This is especially alarming because it's Trump, who has been accused of sexism. What she's doing is taking advantage of this situation to take the heat of her and blame Trump, who has done nothing wrong in this situation. Clearly she is trying to play the victim - the 'oppressed female', if you will. She's making it a gender issue when it's not supposed to be. That devalues the word 'sexism'; attempting to label a particular situation something that it's not makes it harder to see actual instances of that label.

If this was a head of Obama during his presidency, she would have disappeared like Robin Williams.

Dunno if you're being serious, but either way your post is in bad taste.

Anyways, she fucked up and did a morally unsound thing, and people are holding her accountable for it.

It's frustrating that she's playing the sexism card in trying to defend herself. Instead of apologizing and being done with it, she's digging herself deeper and dragging feminists down as well.

Instead of apologizing and being done with it

*cough* may 30th *cough*

https://twitter.com/kathygriffin/status/869703678550171648

If this was a head of Obama during his presidency, she would have disappeared like Robin Williams.

yes absolutely it's not like

obama-in-noose.jpg

racism-hang-in-there-obama-1024x576.jpg

pha1nl69s02qbwe.jpg

... err ... well ... I mean ... at least he was never dipicted him as a victim of ISIS !

Obama founded ISIS

-- your president

Well, come on, everyone knows he doesn't mean that lit..

I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally

-- your president, when given the chance to explain

... err ... well, ... err ... FOUNDER! not VICTIM! Totally different ! Plus Kathy is a comedian, while Trump at the time a presiential candidate! You know: One is to be taken seriously, the other isn't!

• Like 1

She blamed it on her being a woman and blamed trump AFTER that, didn't she? that's not being done with it

Except, as far as I get it, the "it" you refer to, are events AFTER she already apoligized.

The idea behind "apologizing and being done with it" implies that being done with it is her choice.

Lets be honest for a second. Who here honestly thinks his/her tax dollars are well spend with the secret service investigating her? Opposite to, for instance ... I dunno ... investigating some mosque deemed possible dangerous.

Except, as far as I get it, the "it" you refer to, are events AFTER she already apoligized.The idea behind "apologizing and being done with it" implies that being done with it is her choice.Lets be honest for a second. Who here honestly thinks his/her tax dollars are well spend with the secret service investigating her? Opposite to, for instance ... I dunno ... investigating some mosque deemed possible dangerous.

Agree with you about tax dollars. Sure it's seen as distasteful, but it would be a waste of American money to pursue her over something so trivial compared to other issues we are having.

Agree with you about tax dollars. Sure it's seen as distasteful, but it would be a waste of American money to pursue her over something so trivial compared to other issues we are having.

I'm not sure why you use "would" I wasn't be hypothetical: from the N.Y.Times to Breitbart all have reported that this is the case.

If you don't want to hear about this woman anymore, stop talking about her.

Don't post about her on the internet, don't talk about her with your friends, when reading news and you see an article about her, don't click on it. The reason why she keeps getting in the media is because people care about the situation, if you just stop caring she'll disappear. If no one reads articles about her, they won't keep on making them.