Case for a GTX 1080

Butters Stotch

Does anyone know which computer case is good for a GTX 1080? And if so, is it good for the other components too? (like processor, memory card, etc).

Pretty much any case you want. Most half-decent cases will fit a 1080. 

Ok good. You know if it can fit a processor like an AMD Ryzen 5 1600? XD never built a gaming PC before so I don't know much.

Ok good. You know if it can fit a processor like an AMD Ryzen 5 1600? XD never built a gaming PC before so I don't know much.

https://pcpartpicker.com/has a compatibility checker, it will tell you if there are any issues fitting any components.  

What's your total budget, location, and use case for the entire system? Does that budget include peripherals, OS, monitor, speaker, etc...? What do you have now and do you have anything that can be reused?

What's your total budget, location, and use case for the entire system? Does that budget include peripherals, OS, monitor, speaker, etc...? What do you have now and do you have anything that can be reused?

Anything that is >2000 is a definite no-no and I'd really like it to be in the 1500 range(broad estimate). I live in the U.S and my budget includes everything like OS, monitor, etc.

Anything that is >2000 is a definite no-no and I'd really like it to be in the 1500 range(broad estimate). I live in the U.S and my budget includes everything like OS, monitor, etc.

Is it for just gaming or other things as well -- rendering, streaming, etc...? Do you want to go 1080p/1440p/4k? What games do you play?

Is it for just gaming or other things as well -- rendering, streaming, etc...? Do you want to go 1080p/1440p/4k? What games do you play?

just for gaming. 1080p is good enough for me. I like action rpgs like skyrim, TW3, action adventure games and some multiplayer games(mostly FPS games)

just for gaming. 1080p is good enough for me. I like action rpgs like skyrim, TW3, action adventure games and some multiplayer games(mostly FPS games)

Then a 1070 would be pretty overkill, something like this would be enough for 1080p 60fps ultra: 

Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Dell - SE2416H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($119.95 @ Adorama) 
Total: $961.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-31 18:29 EDT-0400
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a built last year with the GT 1080 that fits perfectly on the medium Cooler Master HAF 912.