Need New Gpu. Help.

S T E W

Hey guys, so this past Saturday, my gpu went out. It was a Radeon HD 7870 2gb GHz edition, which isn't that great. I'm looking for a good replacement card for 350$ and under. I really do not want to get a RX 580, so any Nvidia suggestions would be appreciated. Currently looking at a GTX 1060 Strix from Asus.

The cheapest dual fan 6gb 1060 you can find (or the 8gb 580 because both AMD/Nvidia are about on par in terms of driver headaches/GPU issues).

Why not the RX580 over the 1060? They're pretty much the same in performance with the RX outperforming in DX12/Vulcan.

Was just on AMD, and when I updated my drivers to crimson, my card went out. Literally checked everything but it was the card.

Why not the RX580 over the 1060? They're pretty much the same in performance with the RX outperforming in DX12/Vulcan.

Also, the same reason as stated above.

Was just on AMD, and when I updated my drivers to crimson, my card went out. Literally checked everything but it was the card.

Also, the same reason as stated above.

I can ensure you that driver issues happen both on AMD and Nvidia. Personally I've had no problems with AMDs drivers.

I can ensure you that driver issues happen both on AMD and Nvidia. Personally I've had no problems with AMDs drivers.

Very much so this. AMD and Nvidia are about on par these days in terms of problematic software/hardware.