Keys too HIGH

pancakes.tfShiny Umbreon

Freeloaders like you who just want free stuff with refined without putting anything into the economy are the ones who are ruining the economy.

2004092-male-model-with-hand-in-front-of

• Like 4

I think Keys are at nice ref price...

for $2.50 (if you buy the key from store) you can get a full cosmetic loadout for most of your classes.

Complaining about you in specific not being able to buy keys for 5 ref isnt going to make people suddenly value their keys at 5 ref

they are too expensive for almost ANYONE to buy

Tell ya what. Any keys you happen to get, I will gladly pay you 3-5 refined. That way your experiment will have worked.

Add me anytime. :wub:

• Like 7

Keys May be too high, but the tf2 economy just keeps going up. You can change this if you buy a bunch of bots and make them sell keys at 5-6 ref, but that still won't happen probably. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
If keys were back down to 5 ref, you know how easy it would be to make profit? A lot of things would have to change aswell with the refined.

Then you shouldn't be asking for keys to be in the 3-5 refined range, as when keys were that low, there was a major cavat: TF2 was not free to play then. So, if you wanted a 5 refined key, you first had to pay $20 to get the game itself to start trading. Also, back then, refined took more weapons to make (27 as opposed to today's 18) and item drop rates were much lower. So, that 5 refined would still take a person a good, solid 4-5 months to idle for.

Incidentally, $20 is considered to be a solid initial investment into the game for a person to begin trading. So, a person could easily choose to start at basically the same level as a person back in the vintage days of trading. However, by deciding to be purely f2p and working their way up from nothing, a person is intentionally handicapping themselves, which is why they receive little pity when they complain. It's like deciding to go golfing with only a putter and getting mad when you can't reach the green on the first hit.

Keys were 2.66 ref when F2P was released for TF2.... hence the massive inflation of key prices.

• 2 weeks later...

i like how this guy complains "he can't afford a key" when his bp is worth almost 7 keys if he just started traded he would be at a key in no time lol

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198264670396

After looking through his inventory I noticed something

He has a nontradeable strange dalakohs bar.

That means he bought it from the market.

Who buys on from the market, and why dalakohs?

Also he has an item worth over 1.5 keys so... lol