Keys too HIGH

pancakes.tfShiny Umbreon

so i tryed to get keys back to there original price (3-5 ref) but 2 people comment saying that i should get over it and a mod closes it down because no proof... i had this link 

as my proof. whoever thinks that i9ts not too high is either A wants to ruin peoples expirence with trading or B think its a good price when in reality its WAAAAY to high.

i hope people these prices are ruining the economy

An individual such as yourself is not going to bring down the key prices, if it is still in high demand and people continue to buy them they're gonna keep on raising until it reaches a point.

If anything you should be happy that they're that expensive since if you buy one you can basically get all the basic weapons with a small purchase including some hats.

I don't want to watch a 24 minute video to find your proof, so I'll jsut say what people are already telling you.

Suck it up.

It won't change.

An individual such as yourself is not going to bring down the key prices, if it is still in high demand and people continue to buy them they're gonna keep on raising until it reaches a point.

If anything you should be happy that they're that expensive since if you buy one you can basically get all the basic weapons with a small purchase including some hats.

they are too expensive for almost ANYONE to buy

I don't want to watch a 24 minute video to find your proof, so I'll jsut say what people are already telling you.

Suck it up.

It won't change.

Obviously u are just one of the people who are listed in my thread

Yo can't do anything about it.  The amount of ref is still rising, the $ price of keys isn't. In a healthy economy that means key will cost more and more ref. We need a ref sink to fix that or somehow get rid of the ref, it won't change until then.

No? The price in money $ is still the same, ref is dropping, you can buy it for same amount of money as 5 years ago.

2 dollars? Dude, if you can't afford that, you should get a job instead of trying to trade.

The only reason you want keys low, is because you want easy profit.

2 dollars? Dude, if you can't afford that, you should get a job instead of trying to trade.

The only reason you want keys low, is because you want easy profit.

Yo can't do anything about it.  The amount of ref is still rising, the $ price of keys isn't. In a healthy economy that means key will cost more and more ref. We need a ref sink to fix that or somehow get rid of the ref, it won't change until then.

No? The price in money $ is still the same, ref is dropping, you can buy it for same amount of money as 5 years ago.

NOT WITH BUYING THEM FROM STORE... BESIDES I WANT IT TO BE AS F2P AS POSSIBLE... I ONLY PAYED $0.99 FOR ! ITEM TO TRADE

e4dfa94eea8c6b21847d62e0a9bccdcb77cf1bd4

The value of keys hasn't changed much in the last 3 years. It was $1.70-1.80 per key before and now it's $1.85-1.90. Almost anyone can afford 2 dollars. Now your 2 dollars goes much farther. Before with 2 dollars you would only get 5 refined worth of stuff. Now you get 29 refined worth of stuff for the same money. With 29 ref you can buy a complete cosmetic set!

• Like 11

The value of keys hasn't changed much in the last 3 years. It was $1.70-1.80 per key before and now it's $1.85-1.90. Almost anyone can afford 2 dollars. Now your 2 dollars goes much farther. Before with 2 dollars you would only get 5 refined worth of stuff. Now you get 29 refined worth of stuff for the same money. With 29 ref you can buy a complete cosmetic set!

i ment i dont want to buy the keys from the store

The price of refined has gone down, the price of the key has been the same... If you're complaining about how you don't want to buy a key because you are poor is completely different from keys are too high.

e4dfa94eea8c6b21847d62e0a9bccdcb77cf1bd4

The price for keys has always been roughly the same.

The price of ref however, keeps getting lower.

If a key = $2, in order for the key to be worth 4 ref, ref would have to be worth $0.50

Refined metal is <$0.09

Nobody is going to sell a $2 key for <$0.36 in metal.

Your issue is that refined is worthless, not that keys are "too expensive."

• Like 2

i ment i dont want to buy the keys from the store

They are cheaper if you buy from reputed sellers via paypal. And not wanting to pay 2 dollars is your problem. Not a problem with the economy. Freeloaders like you who just want free stuff with refined without putting anything into the economy are the ones who are ruining the economy.

They are cheaper if you buy from reputed sellers via paypal. And not wanting to pay 2 dollars is your problem. Not a problem with the economy. Freeloaders like you who just want free stuff with refined without putting anything into the economy are the ones who are ruining the economy.

This.

Third this. An in game economy cannot exist if people aren't putting in real money into it. You can't just make money out of thin air. Just ask Germany how that went for them in the 1900s.

• Like 7

I love how everyone is laughing how everything is getting expensive because of keys, actually, it's the other way around.

l9d7r4i.png

Long218, please return to us and smite these fools who dare believe that the price of keys should be lower.

Which is why almost everyone who is deep into TF2 has more than one right?

They're 2 euros/2 dollars on the market. Just buy them or get them from trading. You know, stuff that requires work.

BESIDES I WANT IT TO BE AS F2P AS POSSIBLE... I ONLY PAYED $0.99 FOR ! ITEM TO TRADE

Then you shouldn't be asking for keys to be in the 3-5 refined range, as when keys were that low, there was a major cavat: TF2 was not free to play then. So, if you wanted a 5 refined key, you first had to pay $20 to get the game itself to start trading. Also, back then, refined took more weapons to make (27 as opposed to today's 18) and item drop rates were much lower. So, that 5 refined would still take a person a good, solid 4-5 months to idle for.

Incidentally, $20 is considered to be a solid initial investment into the game for a person to begin trading. So, a person could easily choose to start at basically the same level as a person back in the vintage days of trading. However, by deciding to be purely f2p and working their way up from nothing, a person is intentionally handicapping themselves, which is why they receive little pity when they complain. It's like deciding to go golfing with only a putter and getting mad when you can't reach the green on the first hit.