A load more suggestions. (Mainly for suggesters)

Eazy Peazy Squeezy Lemons

I’ve been thinking again. And just like last time I have another list with a mix of good and bad ideas, love to know what you agree with me on and what you don’t.

1) Have a percentage on the thumbnail for each suggestion – When you see the colour for quality and whether the change goes up or down I think there should be a little percentage calculator displayed. It will stop pointless arguments over if it’s smaller than 5% or not. Obviously it should be stressed the 5% rule shouldn’t be used a sole proof but it would limit the arguments.

2) A symbol for open suggestion - When you look at an unusual or an effect and the Triangles show out-dated hats, green arrows for raises, red for drops and refreshes for well refreshed price it would be nice if there was a Question mark for unusuals/effects that have an open suggestion.

3) Colour change for time it’s outdated – Again on the unusual/effect pages where the Triangle is it would be cool if there was a colour scheme to easily recognise which unusuals were just over 1 year outdated, say 3+ years outdated and ones that have been recently done (4-6 months say) so suggesters/traders can easily see which are outdated and by how long.

4) There should be more perks for people with Large milestones over 750 Accepted suggestions. Technically the people with ~3000 have the same perks as new black belts so there needs to be a perk for people who do large milestones e.g. 1000, 1500, 2000 etc

5) People with 100% suggestion/voting accuracy should also have perks. Obviously there needs to be a Mini limit as people can just vote once correctly and that’s 100%

6) Unusuals and Non-Unusual suggestions should be treated differently when it comes to perks. Unsusuals typically take longer so there should be more of a reward e.g. Some Premium reward so they can keep making suggestions

7) On the stats page to weapons there should be links to the Killstreaked versions (Basic, Spec and Pro) makes for easy navigation

8) The “Deals†for premium only member should have an option to show discounted items compared to SCM (Steam Community Market) Some items like Skins and Killstreaks would then be added to deals.

9) Unusuals (mainly) that have Strangifiers should have something displayed on their Stats page (Maybe a link to the Strangifier’s Stats page?) so that people don’t use Strange sales to price a “normal†one and vice versa

10) There should be a perk for premium only member to remove all promoted listings. It’s clutters the front page, all I see now are Unusuals and inflated AF items.

11) There should also be a perk for premium members to remove “bot†listings from the front page

12) There should be a perk (Maybe for suggesters?) that we can give someone a nickname (Like on Steam) so you can keep a track of them easier

13) Unlucky for some but here we go, Make non-unusuals worth less points (or unusuals more) Non-Unusuals take 30 seconds with the new screenshot update, you just got to know what to look for. If you ask any suggester they will say unusuals take a LOT longer (~1 hour) so it should be worth a lot more Points or Non-Unusuals should be worth less points

14a) Unusuals over a set amount (Maybe 500 Keys?) should get more points as they usually require more minis which takes time (and effort)

14b) Perhaps raise the amount of points for unusuals over 50 Keys as well. Mainly to make unusuals lower than 50 Keys have less points. It’s easier to Spam a load of “cancer†unusuals worth ~9 / ~10 Keys than it is to make a suggestion for a 50 Key/ 500 Key unusual etc.

14 Edit: Blaze has made me realise that some lower tier unusuals have a LOT of sales (http://backpack.tf/suggestion/591510a5c440453079224d29) So maybe there should be options for the mods to reward points depending on the suggestion. There are more mods so I doubt it'll increase their workload too much but then Lower-tier unusuals with lots of sales could be rewarded X amount of points that the Mod decides on.

15) No idea how but there needs to be a way to entice more unusual suggesters. Maybe have a banner every now and again like Scrap.tf does, perhaps advertising the Perks of suggesting?

16) Sort this out - https://snag.gy/GgihQ4.jpg

17) Make Skins a little easier to navigate. Especially Unusual skins. It's so difficult say find a Field Tested Killer Bee Scattergun. You can't search type of skin so maybe that could be implemented?

18) Add a character count on the bottom of the suggestion. No idea why just seems like a nice touch

19) Make a suggestion (no pun intended) to actually format the suggestions. It's hard to read/vote accurately when people stack compare link on top of another one. Some people are worse at this than others must be said

20a) (Cheers Blaze) Un-priced Non-Unusuals should be given similar Points to unusuals as then it gives more of an incentive to price items.

20b) Unusuals that are unpriced could get double unusual points also

Thanks for reading guys :D I’d love to know your feedback!

• Like 2

About the points changes, this would kinda ripped some people that do only unique items (Mopcko flashbacks FeelsBadMan) (i do both so idc really) :D but i can see the idea and i agree with it :D

• Like 1

About the points changes, this would kinda ripped some people that do only unique items (Mopcko flashbacks FeelsBadMan) (i do both so idc really) :D but i can see the idea and i agree with it :D

But you must admit Non-Unusuals these days are easy, too easy. Also thanks :D

• Like 1

#1, certainly a good idea, should be a >5% or <5% symbol.

#2 A question mark sounds good, due to the price not being determined yet.

#3 Maybe an option to search unusuals on how long they have been outdated?

The idea for the coloring sounds nice, but I think it should be green for <3 months, orange for 3+ months outdated 'till a year and red for 1+ year outdated.

#4 Neutral.

#5 It sounds good, but shouldn't it be like 90%+?

My percentage goes down even if the submitter closes it themselves, don't know about this one.

#6 I like this idea, but you can always ask the admins/prenium users for info on an unusual.

#7 Yes.

#8 Also yes.

#9 What about unusuals which only have Strange ones in existence?

#10 Certainly.

#11 Mark bot accounts and have a search option excluding them, sounds good.

#12 I love this idea! Could be very usefull when you forget why you added someone from backpack.tf but you nicknamed them why on backpack.tf.

#13 All suggestions should be treated equally, some unusuals also only take 5 minutes when they sold like once.

I don't like this idea, sounds absurd and wouldn't award people for suggesting.

#14a They should maybe have a multiplier which multiplies points gotten x2 whenever it crosses 250 keys in value.

#14b No, hate this idea.

Cancer hats may need a good refresher, and it doesn't seem right to punish people for refreshing a price which is maybe 2 years old.

#15 No opinion on this one.

I’ve been thinking again. And just like last time I have another list with a mix of good and bad ideas, love to know what you agree with me on and what you don’t.

1) Have a percentage on the thumbnail for each suggestion – When you see the colour for quality and whether the change goes up or down I think there should be a little percentage calculator displayed. It will stop pointless arguments over if it’s smaller than 5% or not. Obviously it should be stressed the 5% rule shouldn’t be used a sole proof but it would limit the arguments.

2) A symbol for open suggestion - When you look at an unusual or an effect and the Triangles show out-dated hats, green arrows for raises, red for drops and refreshes for well refreshed price it would be nice if there was a Question mark for unusuals/effects that have an open suggestion.

3) Colour change for time it’s outdated – Again on the unusual/effect pages where the Triangle is it would be cool if there was a colour scheme to easily recognise which unusuals were just over 1 year outdated, say 3+ years outdated and ones that have been recently done (4-6 months say) so suggesters/traders can easily see which are outdated and by how long.

4) There should be more perks for people with Large milestones over 750 Accepted suggestions. Technically the people with ~3000 have the same perks as new black belts so there needs to be a perk for people who do large milestones e.g. 1000, 1500, 2000 etc

5) People with 100% suggestion/voting accuracy should also have perks. Obviously there needs to be a Mini limit as people can just vote once correctly and that’s 100%

6) Unusuals and Non-Unusual suggestions should be treated differently when it comes to perks. Unsusuals typically take longer so there should be more of a reward e.g. Some Preium reward so they can keep making suggestions

7) On the stats page to weapons there should be links to the Killstreaked versions (Basic, Spec and Pro) makes for easy navigation

8) The “Deals†for premium only member should have an option to show discounted items compared to SCM (Steam Community Market) Some items like Skins and Killstreaks would then be added to deals.

9) Unusuals (mainly) that have Strangifiers should have something displayed on their Stats page (Maybe a link to the Strangifier’s Stats page?) so that people don’t use Strange sales to price a “normal†one and vice versa

10) There should be a perk for premium only member to remove all promoted listings. It’s clutters the front page, all I see now are Unusuals and inflated AF items.

11) There should also be a perk for premium members to remove “bot†listings from the front page

12) There should be a perk (Maybe for suggesters?) that we can give someone a nickname (Like on Steam) so you can keep a track of them easier

13) Unlucky for some but here we go, Make non-unusuals worth less points (or unusuals more) Non-Unusuals take 30 seconds with the new screenshot update, you just got to know what to look for. If you ask any suggester they will say unusuals take a LOT longer (~1 hour) so it should be worth a lot more Points or Non-Unusuals should be worth less points

14a) Unusuals over a set amount (Maybe 500 Keys?) should get more points as they usually require more minis which takes time (and effort)

14b) Perhaps raise the amount of points for unusuals over 50 Keys as well. Mainly to make unusuals lower than 50 Keys have less points. It’s easier to Spam a load of “cancer†unusuals worth ~9 / ~10 Keys than it is to make a suggestion for a 50 Key/ 500 Key unusual etc.

15) No idea how but there needs to be a way to entice more unusual suggesters. Maybe have a banner every now and again like Scrap.tf does, perhaps advertising the Perks of suggesting?

17) Make Skins a little easier to navigate. Especially Unusual skins. It's so difficult say find a Field Tested Killer Bee Scattergun. You can't search type of skin so maybe that could be implemented?

18) Add a character count on the bottom of the suggestion. No idea why just seems like a nice touch

19) Make a suggestion (no pun intended) to actually format the suggestions. It's hard to read/vote accurately when people stack compare link on top of another one. Some people are worse at this than others must be said

• Like 1

#1, certainly a good idea, should be a >5% or <5% symbol.

#2 A question mark sounds good, due to the price not being determined yet.

#3 Maybe an option to search unusuals on how long they have been outdated?

The idea for the coloring sounds nice, but I think it should be green for <3 months, orange for 3+ months outdated 'till a year and red for 1+ year outdated.

#4 Neutral.

#5 It sounds good, but shouldn't it be like 90%+?

My percentage goes down even if the submitter closes it themselves, don't know about this one.

#6 I like this idea, but you can always ask the admins/prenium users for info on an unusual.

#7 Yes.

#8 Also yes.

#9 What about unusuals which only have Strange ones in existence?

#10 Certainly.

#11 Mark bot accounts and have a search option excluding them, sounds good.

#12 I love this idea! Could be very usefull when you forget why you added someone from backpack.tf but you nicknamed them why on backpack.tf.

#13 All suggestions should be treated equally, some unusuals also only take 5 minutes when they sold like once.

I don't like this idea, sounds absurd and wouldn't award people for suggesting.

#14a They should maybe have a multiplier which multiplies points gotten x2 whenever it crosses 250 keys in value.

#14b No, hate this idea.

Cancer hats may need a good refresher, and it doesn't seem right to punish people for refreshing a price which is maybe 2 years old.

#15 No opinion on this one.

#1 Yea nice idea

#2 :D

#3 Yeah that sounds fine

#4 Fair enough

#5 Yeah 90%+ would maybe be better due to that reason. 100% should still have a nice perk (Other than the Accuracy thing on profile)

#6 Hmm you can sorta do that

#7 :D

#8 :D

#9 They Exist?

#10 :D

#11 One way of doing it, better than what I was thinking which would mark Automatic people so yeah mark bots is better

#12 :D

#13 Well they aren't treated equally right now (Non Unu = 5, Unu = 10) So you might be the only one on that :P

#14a Yeah could do it that way. Maybe X3 for 1000+ Keys?

#14b Was edited and the new idea would solve that as the Mods could award more points for X Years outdated

#15 Fair enough

#16, #17, #18, #19, #20a and #20b You must have missed as I updated the list recently....

Overall thanks man glad someone seems some use for half of my ideas that's a good start!

But bots can't have promoted listing even if they have premium. Since they are hosted by bot.tf, and there is no option on their panel.

I would also like to add maybe the person who made the sugg can see how many upvotes and downvotes the sugg has that way if it is mostly downvotes the suggester can close it and save admin's time

But bots can't have promoted listing even if they have premium. Since they are hosted by bot.tf, and there is no option on their panel.

Still, people who promote do clutter up the front page.

I would also like to add maybe the person who made the sugg can see how many upvotes and downvotes the sugg has that way if it is mostly downvotes the suggester can close it and save admin's time

The part about Upvotes and Downvotes would be kinda pointless. Also suggestions that get majority downvotes will be wrong for some reason or another so it would be closed by mods pretty quickly or votes would comment the error made and the suggester could close.

This is incorrect. You can login to backpack.tf as the bot through the bot.tf panel and manually edit the listing to be promoted.
  • Like 1

20a) (Cheers Blaze) Un-priced Non-Unusuals should be given similar Points to unusuals as then it gives more of an incentive to price items.

20b) Unusuals that are unpriced could get double unusual points also

Seems like I forgot a couple, or updated when i posted, let's see.

#16 I don't even know what this one is meant to be.

#17 Should be easier in the price grid atleast, I always wanted to look at all the diffrent skin prices, but haven't been able to find them unless from backpack.tf

#18 Should be easy to implement, I like it!

#19 What I would propose; a

like feature where when you click on it everything appears which would take up way too much space.

But you need compare links, so I don't think this idea will work out due to the compare links being a foundation of the suggestion.

#20a Good idea, would reward people on suggesting on un-priced items.

#20b Certainly.

• Like 1

11) Ugh am i missing something here , why should bot listings be hidden anywhere

Because there are a lot of Bot listings, perhaps too many and it's easier to see "real" listings especially on the front page. I get bumping and all and this wouldn't take bot listings away for everyone only people with high status E.g. Premium Owners or Donators

Seems like I forgot a couple, or updated when i posted, let's see.

#16 I don't even know what this one is meant to be.

#17 Should be easier in the price grid atleast, I always wanted to look at all the diffrent skin prices, but haven't been able to find them unless from backpack.tf

#18 Should be easy to implement, I like it!

#19 What I would propose; a

like feature where when you click on it everything appears which would take up way too much space.

But you need compare links, so I don't think this idea will work out due to the compare links being a foundation of the suggestion.

#20a Good idea, would reward people on suggesting on un-priced items.

#20b Certainly.

16 Basically shows that there's always 10 different Sniper rifles. Just looks kinda messy.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Not exactly sure what you mean by this

4. Don’t know what you mean by perks, but sure I guess.

5. Not really necessary to be honest.

6. Don’t know what you mean by perks again

7. Yes

8. Neutral

9. That’d be pretty neat

10. I think there was a discussion about making it easier to promote listings (without having to relist)

11. Bot listings?

12. Eh

13. I thought unusuals are already worth more but ok

14. Nahhhhhhh

15. Sure why not

16. Please

17. Yes

18. http://prntscr.com/f8n7hf

19. Probably wouldn’t change anything.

20. Nooooooooooooooo

Other stuff I thought about

21. When editing a suggestion or making one, make the size of this box expand instead of having to scroll with that small ass sidebar.

22. Make a custom template and save them for suggestions o-0 makes formatting go a lot faster (especially for me ^-^)

• Like 1

Unusuals are already worth more(non-unusual = 5, unusual = 10) 

Even if the item snapshot wouldn't exist, there are already scripts that can take screenshots, profiles and item histories automatically, and no one complained about that

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Not exactly sure what you mean by this

4. Don’t know what you mean by perks, but sure I guess.

5. Not really necessary to be honest.

6. Don’t know what you mean by perks again

7. Yes

8. Neutral

9. That’d be pretty neat

10. I think there was a discussion about making it easier to promote listings (without having to relist)

11. Bot listings?

12. Eh

14. Nahhhhhhh

15. Sure why not

16. Please

17. Yes

18. http://prntscr.com/f8n7hf

19. Probably wouldn’t change anything.

20. Nooooooooooooooo

Other stuff I thought about

21. When editing a suggestion or making one, make the size of this box expand instead of having to scroll with that small ass sidebar.

22. Make a custom template and save them for suggestions o-0 makes formatting go a lot faster (especially for me ^-^)

1) :D

2) :D

3) When you go to a page like this - http://backpack.tf/unusual/Patriot%20PeakIf the unusual was last updated 1 Year or more ago it could be red so that you can easily highly outdated unusuals

4) Perks as in, more classies slots/donation credit/lower bump time? 

5) Fair enough I guess quantity > quality when it comes to voting

6) Perks = Benefits the person gets. E.g. A perk of being a mod is having an orange name it's just like a little extra

7) :D

8) How come?

9) :D

10) I want to have the option to remove promoted listings for people who have donator/premium

11) Bots like Automatic trading or bots created through bot.tf like Stn.tf bots etc only off the front page

12) Fair enough

13) D: You don't get one XD

14) Fair enough

15) XD

16) :D

17) :D

18) I mean for the bottom of submitted suggestions. Only you can see it and that's before you post it. You can't even see the character limit once it's been edited (I think)

19) I suppose. I find it hard to decipher what the proof is for suggestions that are just a clusterfuck of compare links

20) Oh.... Er.....

21) I agree with you the scroll bar is such a pain. Also if you copy and paste a compare link from halfway up your suggestion then it tends to jump

22) :D YES!

Thanks man :D

Unusuals are already worth more(non-unusual = 5, unusual = 10) 

Even if the item snapshot wouldn't exist, there are already scripts that can take screenshots, profiles and item histories automatically, and no one complained about that

Make a bigger difference.

Yeah I guess....