How to connect 2 monitors to the PC with my setup?

Happysedits

So I have this PC https://www.alza.cz/gaming/alza-gamebox-rx480-w10-d4334572.htm?catid=18858132(it has 1 HDMI connection, 2 PS connection and a lot of USB connections) and I am planning to buy this one as a second monitor https://www.amazon.com/AOC-G2460PF-24-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01BV1XBEI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1483378852&sr=8-1&keywords=g2460pf&linkCode=sl1&tag=techsource02-20&linkId=b366a41fd731a42b54ee665cdbd453f8 , the current one which I wanna use as the first monitor I dont know what model it is, only thing I know is that it's ''AOC'' and i bought it like 6 years ago and it has 2x HDMI connection. I have no idea how to connect 2 monitors to 1 pc at all.

The GPU has multiple outputs. Plug the monitors into those outputs. If you need to buy an adapter, then buy an adapter. 

The GPU has multiple outputs. Plug the monitors into those outputs. If you need to buy an adapter, then buy an adapter. 

I just see 1 output from the GPU? Am I blind? 

My dad is saying if I will buy an adapter and plug the two monitors into that then the screens will be the same, he is not sure but he thinks it works like that, is he correct?

As awesome said, just have cables for both monitors and plug them in 2 different ports in your pc.

Edit: If your GPU only has one output then yeah you probably need an adapter.

(I'm not sure what a "PS" connection in) But since you said you only have 1 HDMI port sounds like USB is your next best option.

I've never used these but supposedly they allow you to use a USB slot as an HDMI, given resolution may degrade. Check it out here

As awesome said, just have cables for both monitors and plug them in 2 different ports in your pc.

Edit: If your GPU only has one output then yeah you probably need an adapter.

https://www.alza.cz/gigabyte-rx-480-8gb-bazar-d4787968.htm?o=4

1x HDMI, 3x display port

my old monitor just has hdmi

what if i put the old one to HDMI and the new one to display port?

I just see 1 output from the GPU? Am I blind? 

My dad is saying if I will buy an adapter and plug the two monitors into that then the screens will be the same, he is not sure but he thinks it works like that, is he correct?

What RX 480 only has a single output....can you take a picture of the back of your computer?

And yes, if you plugged two monitors into one port (with an adapter) then you would see the same image on both screens. 

what if i put the old one to HDMI and the new one to display port?

That's exactly what you should do. 

• Like 2

If you have display ports on your GPU, you should plug the new monitor into that, because HDMI cannont deliver 144Hz. My monitors have HDMI inputs, but they came with cables that are Display to HDMI. Maybe your new monitor will come with the cables, if not its not an expensive cable.

If you have display ports on your GPU, you should plug the new monitor into that, because HDMI cannont deliver 144Hz. My monitors have HDMI inputs, but they came with cables that are Display to HDMI. Maybe your new monitor will come with the cables, if not its not an expensive cable.

HDMI 2.0 can, but either way, DP.

display port is basically upgraded version of the HDMI? 

display port is basically upgraded version of the HDMI?

They're different industry standards, but DP is technically ahead at this point. 

• Like 1