Good monitor?

Happysedits

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-G2460PF-24-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01BV1XBEI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1483378852&sr=8-1&keywords=g2460pf&linkCode=sl1&tag=techsource02-20&linkId=b366a41fd731a42b54ee665cdbd453f8

good quality for the price? could i get any better monitor for the same/lower price?

games i play

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Happysedits/games/?tab=all

i run tf2 at 200 fps, around 100 if there's 31 people on the server, sometimes less depends, maybe 300 on jump maps in sp

i run trackmania small maps on 200 fps, big maps can drop to 60 fps but i play that rarely

It's a good monitor and you can't really get much cheaper. The only question is what's more important to you, better colors from an IPS panel or a higher refresh rate? Personally I prefer better colors, but a lot of people prefer high refresh rate (note: modern TN panels look pretty good, just not quite as good as a nice IPS panel).

I would suggest you going for a higher resolution monitor, the high refresh rate is usally just not worth it. You will barely notice any difference compared to an higher resolution.

It's a good monitor and you can't really get much cheaper. The only question is what's more important to you, better colors from an IPS panel or a higher refresh rate? Personally I prefer better colors, but a lot of people prefer high refresh rate (note: modern TN panels look pretty good, just not quite as good as a nice IPS panel).

probably the refresh rate not sure

i have a very old monitor right now so i dont know how big of a difference it is xD

I would suggest you going for a higher resolution monitor, the high refresh rate is usally just not worth it. You will barely notice any difference compared to an higher resolution.

i see 1920x1080 as the basic resolution, idk, feels weird to go more

60hz->144hz is a significant difference and is certainly noticeable. Also considering the games he's listed the priority seems to be frame rate rather than visuals. 

Monitor looks pretty good to me, especially if you have an AMD gpu which can benefit from freesync, if not it will still work fine.

• Like 2

Was recommended the exact same monitor by a friend and I am probably going to buy it when I buy my new rig, only thing I dislike is the red stuff ^^

• Like 1

especially if you have an AMD gpu which can benefit from freesync

Note: not all AMD gpus support Freesync, just part of the 200 series, and everything newer. 

You could buy the monitor and use it for your gaming and keep your current and go dual monitors.

But once you go multi monitor its hard to go back