How come my IPhone 6s is scoring far lower than it should on anbutu benchmark?

Fletch!

My iPhone 6s only scores 85,000 when it apparently should be scoring about 135,000

Here's there results: https://imgur.com/a/yQmTY

Could this just be caused by old age? I also bought it second hand so could it be the old owner replaced the internals?

Thanks.

Just old age. From my experience, Iphones tend to deteriorate way faster than most Android phones. I own 2 Iphones (6, 5s) and 3 Androids (S6A, S7A, One+2) currently. 2 of the Androids are working fine after 1-2 years, both Iphones are crippled are super expensive to fix.

They're listed on Ebay if you wanna buy em. ;)

Just old age. From my experience, Iphones tend to deteriorate way faster than most Android phones. I own 2 Iphones (6, 5s) and 3 Androids (S6A, S7A, One+2) currently. 2 of the Androids are working fine after 1-2 years, both Iphones are crippled are super expensive to fix.

They're listed on Ebay if you wanna buy em. ;)

What is "super expensive" to fix, because I know plenty of people with 5s' that still run great. Both Android flagships and iPhones tend to have a very similar usable life.

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/2j7bpl/how_apple_updates_slow_your_old_iphone_down/

I think it's started as rumours, but after every update google search for "iPhone slow" spikes. So examples and testimonies speaks for themself. 

Buy new one :D

It's also bullshit. OS's in general get more demanding and it was a much bigger issue with less powerful hardware. My old 5s handles iOS 10 just fine.

@@Fletch! Did you run the test after a fresh restart (and ideally after a factory restore) of the device? How many times did you run the test? Do you have a TSMC or Samsung CPU?

What is "super expensive" to fix, because I know plenty of people with 5s' that still run great. Both Android flagships and iPhones tend to have a very similar usable life.

It's also bullshit. OS's in general get more demanding and it was a much bigger issue with less powerful hardware. My old 5s handles iOS 10 just fine.

@@Fletch! Did you run the test after a fresh restart (and ideally after a factory restore) of the device? How many times did you run the test? Do you have a TSMC or Samsung CPU?

I did the test multiple times got about same, yes did after restart. In fact I just did the test again and scored 64,000 (which is on par with the iPhone 5s) not sure which chip sorry.

From my experience programming on iPhones I know for a fact that they decrease in speed with each iOS update. They're always fastest with the version shipped with it in the box. This is due to the iOS requiring more processing power than the iPhone was initially setup for, so at first it's barely noticeable. Then when you (for example) move from iOS 7 to 8 you'll notice a huge decrease in power and speed.

Also I'm pretty sure CPUs and Flash Memory just normally degrades overtime with use.