Marketplace.tf Experiences

Geel

I don't like it cause all my stuff doesn't sell :(

But i find the navigation nice. The graphs and improving it so you can see the sell history of an item (that is not listed right now) would be nice.

Works for me, saves me the hassle of cashing out keys, and at the 10% rate I'm still getting about what I was (even more so) in cashout value compared to selling on SourceOP with PayPal. 

Selling unusuals though, is a different story. I think there needs to be an improvement in the layout of the main page for people to see what's for sale. Maybe a scrolling feed? Shouldn't just be discounted items. 

selling unusuals is hard but it is a great site

also you should make it easier to search for an unusual that isnt listed, perhaps to see a price it was sold at previously. (maybe improve search in general? something like bp.tf has with their unusual search)

and i think the navigation should feature more items not just discounted ones, maybe give the discounts priority but also have others on the side randomly

I use it to sell keys (which sell 1/2 or 1/3 as fast as opskins) & unusual hats (the higher the price, the harder it gets to sell, it seems)

Easy to use, fast & secure Paypal cashout, it's really good.

I thought it'd be cool if I could sell my CSGO keys as well so that I don't have to go use opskins (not skins, just keys)

aand what I don't like about marketplace.tf is that I see sellers who are banned from TF2OP / BP.TF for being alt of scammers

I reported them, but support didn't even respond and the scammer alt successfully sold all the unusuals

I use it to sell keys (which sell 1/2 or 1/3 as fast as opskins) & unusual hats (the higher the price, the harder it gets to sell, it seems)

Easy to use, fast & secure Paypal cashout, it's really good.

I thought it'd be cool if I could sell my CSGO keys as well so that I don't have to go use opskins (not skins, just keys)

aand what I don't like about marketplace.tf is that I see sellers who are banned from TF2OP / BP.TF for being alt of scammers

I reported them, but support didn't even respond and the scammer alt successfully sold all the unusuals

Agreed. I think that marketplace.tf should implement a system where a moderator manually reviews the ban reason for outpost.tf and/or backpack.tf. Automating it might be harder since you could possible rely on keywords like scammer alt on the ban reason, but that assumes consistent formatting for ban reasons.

The seller dashboard needs some serious work, half the time I am worried that I am updating/pricing the wrong item as there is no indication of what item I am custom pricing. This may be a issue with me as I may doing something wrong, but I don't know. 

Another thing with seller dashboard is the pricing, a way to get the steam community market prices displayed would be highly appreciated. I have to check both steam market + backpack.tf pages to correctly price the item if there are no listings/sales or asburd sales/listings.

and bitcoins payouts please?  :)

I have one thought, why Items IDs was removed? It was good way to check item if its duped, or which chem set is it or how many uses have noise maker or duel etc. I know that there was added option for checking itrms in bp.tf inventory but only for unusual... why not for all items? I made ticket about it like in february and had no response since then...

Looks good and usually works great.

However, I can't seem to check out with anything when using 'uncle' promo code. Basically I have a $23 site credit. I place 11 keys into my 'shopping cart' and I am able to check out, when I enter the promo code it says that my order isn't large enough to process.

Awesome site

I remember when sweetstakes was still a thing the bot would always sell pro ks stuff for normal price, easy money ^^

Also bought an aussie knife for like 20$ once when they still were 20+ Keys

Used it to cash out last summer, had no issues whatsoever

Edit: https://imgur.com/K1tDNPS

The seller dashboard needs some serious work, half the time I am worried that I am updating/pricing the wrong item as there is no indication of what item I am custom pricing. This may be a issue with me as I may doing something wrong, but I don't know. 

Another thing with seller dashboard is the pricing, a way to get the steam community market prices displayed would be highly appreciated. I have to check both steam market + backpack.tf pages to correctly price the item if there are no listings/sales or asburd sales/listings.

and bitcoins payouts please?  :)

I highly agree with the thing about the seller dashboard, I refresh each item's page as I'm updating the price to ensure that I'm updating the right item, which is a hastle when listing a lot of items. Also, I'm curious, is there any tax system in place that's required? Not saying there should be one, just curious if there is over a certain amount.

Marketplace is great for me.

It's great for selling a lot of things in bulk for backpack buyers like me.

The 10% fee would be maybe the only downside but to me its minor at this point.

Maybe estimated prices for Pro KS items would be nice as well

Would like to use it but since there is no payout option as Bitcoins (via Coinbase,Blockhain) cant sell my items there. I sent a email about it and no one replied  i cry 

I use it to buy keys, works for that. Would use it to buy items if you could see STRANGE PARTS/SPELLS. Major drawback if you ask me, needs the ability to inspect item or list parts/spells. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, until today everything was simple perfect. I sold a lot stuff, was buying keys and so on and on. But somehow "uncle" became once per 24h thing. So I became not competetive seller. This margin was main thing I used to sell a lot stuff there in past month. Now I will have to use a lot of time to get my keys without loosing money. Huge stop to selling more on the site.

Well, until today everything was simple perfect. I sold a lot stuff, was buying keys and so on and on. But somehow "uncle" became once per 24h thing. So I became not competetive seller. This margin was main thing I used to sell a lot stuff there in past month. Now I will have to use a lot of time to get my keys without loosing money. Huge stop to selling more on the site.

RIP Fast profit

Can't even use the code with my alt in the same day too .

I agree that links to the SCM _might_ be good, though that's mostly for sellers (it might save some work when pricing items, less typing in names into the SCM for example)

Still requesting a item count total so we know how many items we have on the site (at a glance) without having to use a user script.

Also, averaging "X" amount of dollars per day, that's the good part.

I highly agree with the thing about the seller dashboard, I refresh each item's page as I'm updating the price to ensure that I'm updating the right item, which is a hastle when listing a lot of items. Also, I'm curious, is there any tax system in place that's required? Not saying there should be one, just curious if there is over a certain amount.

ToS and such, if you take the time to read it, says it's governed by Geel's state's laws as well as the users' state's laws. IIRC. Not sure how the international works though. 

I have both bought and sold keys and while you might find people selling or buying for more than what marketplace.tf does, their service is fast, easy an risk free.  I'd rather have that sense of security that they bring to the table. :wub:

Hello everyone. Sorry for my bad English.

After many years I have been putting a lot of money in tf2 and I have managed to have many keys and unusuals hats. I plan to keep playing tf2 but I want to get some of my money back.

I have opened this topic:

because I do not know any web where I can get real money in exchange for my tf2 articles.

But you're all saying that "MarketPlace" is pretty safe for real money. I just need to link my credit card to a paypal account and nothing else is true?

One more question. Is it easier to sell keys, or unusual? Should I exchange my unusual hats for keys to make it easier to sell? I also have money in several accounts of steam (because the limit of money is 450€ per account). Maybe it would be best to spend that money on tf2 keys to get real money in the "MarketPlace? Or should I buy another item?

And are the white paintings sold at the official price of the Mannco store, or at the price of the community market?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.