metalbot - Automatically craft/smelt metal to keep currencies on a threshold.

銀河.

I think this is the right place to post this...

GitHub repository: https://github.com/ElegantMonkey/tf2-metalbot

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory. This bot interacts with the TF2 Game Coordinator to craft/smelt metal when goes above/below the threshold.

Instructions on how to configure the bot are on the README on the repository, which you should read if you are interested on this bot.

I don't really get the point of this... is this so that the amount/types of metal in your backpack are kept at a certain level?

("currencies" in the title is throwing me off :c )

Yeah, that's pretty much what it does. Say, you want to have between 3 and 6 scraps, and 3 and 6 reclaimed metal (the default configs, by the way). The bot will automatically smelt reclaimed when the scraps go below 3, combine scraps into reclaimed when they go above 6, smelt refined when the reclaimeds go below 3 and combine them into refined when they go above 6.

Also, I'm not a native speaker, what's wrong with "currencies"?

Yeah, that's pretty much what it does. Say, you want to have between 3 and 6 scraps, and 3 and 6 reclaimed metal (the default configs, by the way). The bot will automatically smelt reclaimed when the scraps go below 3, combine scraps into reclaimed when they go above 6, smelt refined when the reclaimeds go below 3 and combine them into refined when they go above 6.

Also, I'm not a native speaker, what's wrong with "currencies"?

the three different types of metals aren't three different currencies, they're all the same currency.  when I first saw this, my first thought was this was something to do with affecting keys' metal value

the three different types of metals aren't three different currencies, they're all the same currency.  when I first saw this, my first thought was this was something to do with affecting keys' metal value

Oh, my bad. It's because I couldn't really find a word that generalized scrap, reclaimed and refined. "Metal" seemed a bit vague, at least to me.

Oh, my bad. It's because I couldn't really find a word that generalized scrap, reclaimed and refined. "Metal" seemed a bit vague, at least to me.

s'all good, refined would be a good term.  scrap and reclaimed are just fractions of a refined, so

• 4 weeks later...

I thought Valve outlawed autocrafting after somebody autocrafted the #1 Tuxxy, or am I mis-remembering things?

I thought Valve outlawed autocrafting after somebody autocrafted the #1 Tuxxy, or am I mis-remembering things?

that was geel lol

this is just crafting metal to metals and vise versa i think so they ain't nothing wrong with it.

https://scrap.tf/weaponsalso does this on request