Cycling!

Tiu

I'm pretty sure some of you like to use two wheels powered mostly by legs.

Wanted to find out if there are other fellow cyclists like me here

Motorists no hate pls :(

Full Rigid Thompson Curve with 780mm Flat bars 

Post pics!

Flaunt your ride

I have a Trek 8.2 DS Hybrid Gary Fischer Edition; believe it or not I paid for it completely with TF2 profits, which was around $1200. I mostly ride paved trails or those than have crushed gravel or limestone on them. Chicago's suburbs has a pretty extensive network of trails, so I'll usually do 20-40 miles each trip. 

At some point I'd like to do Iowa's RAGBRAI which is 100 miles across the state. 

u1nC5nK.jpg

I love cycling, it's pretty much the only way I work out lol.

Got my normal city bike of course, a 10 year old Batavus. But for serious cycling I have a Koga-Miyata which is a nice touring bike. Used to have a fancy new one but I outgrew that one so now I use my dad's old one. It's like 25 years old and very ugly because the paint is coming off etc. but it still rides fine. Just ride on the road away from home and see where I end up, I like going to the dunes because the cycling is nice there but lots of old people or kids walking on the bike path so :(

Longest thing I've ever cycled was from Netherlands to Rome, took me quite a while though. And I was 9 year old. But biking holidays with my parents were a lot of fun, but these days it's a bit lame because they're very slow so I can't really ride together with them well. 

• Like 2

I love cycling, it's pretty much the only way I work out lol.

Got my normal city bike of course, a 10 year old Batavus. But for serious cycling I have a Koga-Miyata which is a nice touring bike. Used to have a fancy new one but I outgrew that one so now I use my dad's old one. It's like 25 years old and very ugly because the paint is coming off etc. but it still rides fine. Just ride on the road away from home and see where I end up, I like going to the dunes because the cycling is nice there but lots of old people or kids walking on the bike path so :(

Longest thing I've ever cycled was from Netherlands to Rome, took me quite a while though. And I was 9 year old. But biking holidays with my parents were a lot of fun, but these days it's a bit lame because they're very slow so I can't really ride together with them well. 

"Just ride on the road away from home and see where I end up"

I fell in love with that sentence immediately

Getting lost is the fun part, but if you live here, you're most likely to get in a fight amongst other road users

I have a Trek (don't know what kind), an 20-30 year old Batavus, a 15 y o Norta and an old Flandria bike like this one:

DSC00006.JPG

But mine's a bit older I think. I didn't ride it for over a year though.

Last year I biked in Wallonia. Going downhill was great, going uphill was a hell.

I have a Trek (don't know what kind), an 20-30 year old Batavus, a 15 y o Norta and an old Flandria bike like this one:

But mine's a bit older I think. I didn't ride it for over a year though.

Last year I biked in Wallonia. Going downhill was great, going uphill was a hell.

Going up is fun, except on shit bikes then even a dyke or bridge is too much. Actually dykes and bridges are the only hills I get lol

• Like 2

I do some mountainbiking in the warm months, not much outside of that. Will take the bike for short distances as well, but usually not that often as I live on the hillside and I don't wanna sweat to much if I go somewhere. 

That being said, since we got the mountains right at the doorstep the terrain is fantastic for mountainbiking. 

Bike is also great to go home when you're drunk, drunk driving is not cool.

Current mountainbike is a MTB Cycletech 'Opium', small but quality swiss brand. 

d4cc274a86a65d3bbbf649abc09d138d7c126af6

Best thing about the bike is that we added a hyraulic height changer for the seat - really handy if you do mountainbiking, can recommend 100% worth it. (basically lets you hold a button to adjust seat height as you're driving which is crucial for mountainbiking)