Headphones Under $100

Supervise

So my Sony MDR7506s just broke (right driver quit working) and I'm looking for a new pair of headphones.

What I Need:
- Over-ear

- Wired

- Under $100 (unless I can get a huge boost in quality for a tad more)

- Removable or uncoiled cord

- Closed back

Currently Looking At:

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro

Status Audio CB-1

Bose SoundTrue II

Audio-Technica ATH-M40x

Samson Z25

- Sennheiser HD 598 Cs

Any recommendations or favourites amongst those (currently) 6 pairs of headphones? I'm thinking about going for the Sennheiser HD 598 Cs, or Bose SoundTrue II at the moment.

Get some razer kraken pro neons. I've had mine for almost 2 years, and the surround on them is amazing. Of course, sennheiser/bose makes the best headsets, but they are way more expensive

Get some razer kraken pro neons. I've had mine for almost 2 years, and the surround on them is amazing. Of course, sennheiser/bose makes the best headsets, but they are way more expensive

I'm looking for real headphones, but thanks.

I'm here to champion the Sennheiser 598s, I used a pair for ~2 months and they sound super crisp with great highs and a good amount of bass.

I'm here to champion the Sennheiser 598s, I used a pair for ~2 months and they sound super crisp with great highs and a good amount of bass.

Can't afford those and don't really want open backed headphones, but apparently the 598 and 598 Cs are similar. Thank you!

Used a cheap pair of Sennheiser myself and even though they're much worse than anything you have listed they are still pretty darn good. Good brand, would recommend. 

I personally use monoprice. You can find them cheaper here. Noise cancellation is fairly good, only issue I've had with them in ~9 months is the inner leather tearing which I honestly didn't even notice until recently, and I'm getting repaired under warranty soon I just have to send them in.

Edit: Coords are removable and it comes with a nice set of coords for various purposes.

• Like 1

I came here to recommend the ATH M40's, but you already have that on your list. Just get them. Great headphones, really. 

I'd stay away from Bose. They are the Beats of "higher quality". Good performance, really bad prices. You're paying big time for the name.

Think from what you listed it's most likely either the Sennheiser's or the ATHs. I personally like the ATH M50x a lot and that's also usually what people recommend when asked what the best mid tier headphone is. They are a bit more pricey. Not sure how they compare to the ATH m40x though. Might be worth looking into.

Did more research into all of the headphones I had listed and chose the Sennheiser HD 598 Cs, they sound pretty good. I hadn't done much research into them all before, but the Sennheisers seemed the best to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...