Move prices from single quality pages to dual-quality pages

Tasty Salamanders

With the recently added support for dual-quality items, it is worth pointing out that previously there were some items that were always dual-quality, as a result they were previously priced as single quality versions, since there wasn't actually any single quality versions to conflict with them.

But now that they can properly be priced, the prices should be moved from the old pages to the new ones. I imagine this needs to be done one item at a time, so I doubt it is going to be done overnight, but still a list of all items that need to be done would probably help.

Scream Fortress 2014 cosmetics
Spliting this up into subsections because there are 51 of them.
All class
Haunted Hooded Haunter to Strange Haunted
Haunted Li'l Dutchman to Strange Haunted
Haunted Ghost of Spies Checked Past to Strange Haunted
Haunted Kritz or Treat Canteen to Strange Haunted
Scout
Haunted Nugget Noggin to Strange Haunted
Haunted Fowl Fists to Strange Haunted
Haunted Talon Trotters to Strange Haunted
Haunted Head Hunter to Strange Haunted
Haunted Claws And Infect to Strange Haunted
Haunted Crazy Legs to Strange Haunted
Sniper
Haunted Marsupial Man to Strange Haunted
Haunted Mr. Mundee's Wild Ride to Strange Haunted
Haunted Marsupial Muzzle to Strange Haunted
Haunted Roo Rippers to Strange Haunted
Haunted Kanga Kickers to Strange Haunted
Haunted Cranial Conspiracy to Strange Haunted
Haunted Scaly Scrapers to Strange Haunted
Soldier
Haunted Battle Bird to Strange Haunted
Haunted Hellhunter's Headpiece to Strange Haunted
Haunted Supernatural Stalker to Strange Haunted
Haunted Ghoul Gibbin' Gear to Strange Haunted
Demoman
Haunted Eyeborg to Strange Haunted
Haunted Mannhattan Project to Strange Haunted
Haunted Forgotten King's Restless Head to Strange Haunted
Haunted Forgotten King's Pauldrons to Strange Haunted
Medic
Haunted Hundkopf to Strange Haunted
Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000 to Strange Haunted
Haunted Herzensbrecher to Strange Haunted
Haunted Vampire Makeover to Strange Haunted
Haunted Vampiric Vesture to Strange Haunted
Haunted Templar's Spirit to Strange Haunted
Haunted Wings of Purity to Strange Haunted
Heavy

Haunted Immobile Suit to Strange Haunted

Haunted Minsk Beef to Strange Haunted
Haunted Bull Locks to Strange Haunted
Haunted Bone-Cut Belt to Strange Haunted
Pyro
Haunted Creature's Grin to Strange Haunted
Haunted Lollichop Licker to Strange Haunted
Haunted Mr. Juice to Strange Haunted
Haunted Vampyro to Strange Haunted
Haunted Arsonist Apparatus to Strange Haunted
Haunted Moccasin Machinery to Strange Haunted
Spy
Haunted Facepeeler to Strange Haunted
Haunted Nightmare Hunter to Strange Haunted
Haunted Rogue's Rabbit to Strange Haunted
Haunted Shadowman's Shade to Strange Haunted
Engineer
Haunted Beep Man to Strange Haunted
Haunted Garden Bristles to Strange Haunted
Haunted Iron Fist to Strange Haunted
Haunted Soul of 'Spensers Past to Strange Haunted
Haunted Tiny Texan to Strange Haunted

Strange Normals
Normal Scattergun to Strange Normal
Normal Sniper Rifle to Strange Normal
Normal Australium Grenade Launcher to Strange Normal Australium
Normal Grenade Launcher to Strange Normal
Normal Stickybomb Launcher to Strange Normal
Normal Medi Gun to Strange Normal
Normal Minigun to Strange Normal
Normal Flame Thrower to Strange Normal

Strange Uniques (can't currently be priced due to naming conflicts)
Unique Carbonado Botkiller Scattergun Mk.I to Strange Unique
Unique Australium Scattergun to Strange Unique
Unique Australium Sniper Rifle to Strange Unique

I think that is all of them.

That'd be nice with the Normal quality weapons but I'm not 100% sure it is easy to do.

One of the mod's (I think polar) said Valve doesnt make it easy with dual-quality. For example a strange unusual is way different from a unique weapon with a strangifier added. So I'm not sure how weird Valve made the Normal weapons

That'd be nice with the Normal quality weapons but I'm not 100% sure it is easy to do.

One of the mod's (I think polar) said Valve doesnt make it easy with dual-quality. For example a strange unusual is way different from a unique weapon with a strangifier added. So I'm not sure how weird Valve made the Normal weapons

It should be easy enough to do, support for dual-quality items was already added here not to long ago, to use one of the Normal quality weapons as an example: http://backpack.tf/stats/Strange Normal/Scattergun/Tradable/Craftable

And moving prices from one page to another is something they did before, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

It should be easy enough to do, support for dual-quality items was already added here not to long ago, to use one of the Normal quality weapons as an example: http://backpack.tf/stats/Strange-Normal/Scattergun/Tradable/Craftable

And moving prices from one page to another is something they did before, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

There is no mechanism to do this right now, but it could be added at some point.

There is no mechanism to do this right now, but it could be added at some point.

Huh, weren't the prices for the Summer Shades and Treasure Hats moved from the untradable pages to the tradable pages when Valve finally made them tradable? Or am I misremembering?

Or is it that when it comes to item quality it is sort of stored differently? Or is it just an elevated quality thing?

On a different note, you said that Strange Uniques can't be priced due naming conflict with regular Stranges. However would I be wrong in assuming this naming conflict doesn't exist with Strange Normals and Strange Haunteds? In which case if prices can't be moved over it would still be ok for people to make price suggestions on the dual-quality pages and then have the prices deleted for the single-quality versions as those suggestions are accepted?

Huh, weren't the prices for the Summer Shades and Treasure Hats moved from the untradable pages to the tradable pages when Valve finally made them tradable? Or am I misremembering?

Or is it that when it comes to item quality it is sort of stored differently? Or is it just an elevated quality thing?

On a different note, you said that Strange Uniques can't be priced due naming conflict with regular Stranges. However would I be wrong in assuming this naming conflict doesn't exist with Strange Normals and Strange Haunteds? In which case if prices can't be moved over it would still be ok for people to make price suggestions on the dual-quality pages and then have the prices deleted for the single-quality versions as those suggestions are accepted?

Because right now there's no way to migrate a price to an elevated otherwise equivalent item.

And yes, the problem only exists with Unusuals and Uniques as we trim the quality from those.

• 3 weeks later...

So I noticed that some Strange Uniques now include the "The" like they would on Steam, example: Strange Unique Eviction Notice. They also now lack a price on their page.

Meanwhile Uniques that lack a "The" and their respective Strange Unique versions also lack it, for example: Strange Unique Scattergun. They continue to have the Strange Price on their page.

I'm guessing that Strange Uniques with a "The" are now priceable and ones without it still aren't, or am I wrong?

Also, while it doesn't matter right at the moment since the only accepted price suggestions for dual-quality items are for Strange Unusuals, but when suggestions for Strange Haunteds and Strange Normals start to build up and be accepted the prices for the single quality versions will become invalid, is there any real plan to deal with those at the moment?

I don't think there's any real way for us to accept price suggestions for items without the proper name prefix because we'd have to diverge from Steam's naming, sorry.

Just now, Woifilicious said:

Yes this has been added. Feel free to create a list of items so we can go over them.

Already done, it was included in my original post, I just updated it to cross out the ones that have been moved already or repriced since dual-quality support was added.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

Already done, it was included in my original post, I just updated it to cross out the ones that have been moved already or repriced since dual-quality support was added.

I've worked through the list. If you find anymore, feel free to stick them in here and tag me or woifi.

36 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I've worked through the list. If you find anymore, feel free to stick them in here and tag me or woifi.

Thanks @Teeny Tiny Cat, also I just realised I missed the Haunted Mannhattan Project in the list (I accidentally listed the Supernatural Stalker twice).

Also I don't think those price/suggestion moves for the Strange Uniques worked as intended.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

Also I don't think those price/suggestion moves for the Strange Uniques worked as intended.

Not quite sure why it's done that, have informed devs.