WikiLeaks-Year-Zero-2017-v1.7z

Supervise

1. what the fuck is Vault 7

2. why is this important

3. I'm actually interested in this

4 can you explain it whats so cool about this if yes then thanks

Of course it's fucking nothing. If WikiLeaks had anything real, they'd have released it.

They just did and it's huge as predicted. It all has to do with the Cia's hacking agency. The CIA now has its own internal NSA with even less regulations. Hacking tools and instructions created to make IDs and software vulnerable have been released, and the suspected has been proven true. The CIA has thousands of zero days, only a few of which have been released atm (day zero). These include ways to use smart TVs and only internet of things devices as microphones remotely for surveillance and vulnerabilities in iOS that prove that the CIA did not need Apples help, along with thousands of other things. The is the biggest release of classified files EVER, this is HUGE.

This is terrifying. How are we supposed to feel protected by our government when we can't even trust them to protect our basic freedoms? What scares me even more than all of the personal surveillance is the false attribution that the CIA has power over. This one agency has the ability to rally the American people to start another war if it was in their interest. We'll have to see what comes out in the coming days, hopefully it isn't as bad as what came out today

-snip- 

The first is that strong encryption is working

-snip-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the serious issues here that the encryption isn't necessarily working, because the government is not turning over backdoors and exploits and thus leaving all of these unprotected so they can access at will?

Im pretty sure if any of this was real the government or some secret agency would have you know taken down the tweet leaking their top secret documents to the public.

Im pretty sure if any of this was real the government or some secret agency would have you know taken down the tweet leaking their top secret documents to the public.

I'm sure forcing a company to censor documents about government abuses would really calm people down and the discussion to simmer, just like when celebrities publicly request embarrassing photos be deleted

I'm sure forcing a company to censor documents about government abuses would really calm people down and the discussion to simmer, just like when celebrities publicly request embarrassing photos be deleted

This is what they call the Streisand Effect.
  • Like 1

Honestly, I LOL at all the people who are surprised. To quote part of DES wikipedia page (an encryption algorithm)

The publication of an NSA-approved encryption standard simultaneously resulted in its quick international adoption and widespread academic scrutiny. Controversies arose out of classified design elements, a relatively short key length of the symmetric-key block cipher design, and the involvement of the NSA, nourishing suspicions about a backdoor.

Glad to see everyone is now finally catching up ... to the year 1976.

Really, come on people. Some perspective please.

BREAKING NEWS: The CIA can hack into all sorts of computers ...

stock-photo-worried-chinese-woman-surpri

• Like 3