Is it worth paying extra for painted items?

Sir Sir

I noticed people will try to sell you items with a base of 7 ref and will add the paint to the price.

Is it risky to buy a painted item? I just get them so often I don't know how to deal with them.

Yes, it is risky to buy a painted item for over the backpack.tf price of a clean version of the item, especially since it was pretty easy getting free paint from the Smissmas stocking.

As to sell them off, I'd probably suggest tf2mart.net. They accept painted, parted and killstreaked items, offering to account for their price. Just trade your painted cosmetic for a clean item within their shop and just sell that for pure on Backpack.tf.

Items with paints are really hard to sell. Even when it's paints worth 10+ ref. I usually don't pay for paints unless its a 10+ ref paint, then I'll pay a few scrap more.

only pay for painted item if the paint is desireable(lime,pink,hue,tinge) and the cosmetic is desireable(bills hat,summer shades,all-father).for example,if someone wanted 3 ref extra for their lime all father,i'll take the offer since you can resell it for about 5-8 extra ref

only pay for painted item if the paint is desireable(lime,pink,hue,tinge) and the cosmetic is desireable(bills hat,summer shades,all-father).for example,if someone wanted 3 ref extra for their lime all father,i'll take the offer since you can resell it for about 5-8 extra ref

I doubt you'd be able to get an extra 8 ref for it.

I doubt you'd be able to get an extra 8 ref for it.

For fairly popular cosmetics (bruisers bandana, dead of night, all-father etc), I don't seem to have any trouble selling for 5-8 ref more for paint, they usually sell within the day for me.