Why did paint prices suddenly drop so hard

docta

So I was checking around bp.tf and saw that some of paints that I had were being sold for half the price Of what they were. So I looked around and saw that pretty much all paints were dropping. "What?! Team paints for 7-12 refined price... What's going on?!" and on the scm the prices were also at <1€.So is there some kind of price manipulation going on or is it just the ref/key inflation.

There was a big sale in the Mann Co. Store and all the paints got on sale with 50% off. Therefore the prices on the Steam Market dropped as well and the refined prices. 

Don't worry this is probably only temporary, big sale in the Mann Co store. Selling all paints 50 percent off, so the prices dropped to compensate. The sale is over now, so any time now prices will return to normal.

Don't worry this is probably only temporary, big sale in the Mann Co store. Selling all paints 50 percent off, so the prices dropped to compensate. The sale is over now, so any time now prices will return to normal.

I dont believe they will ever return to "normal" price.

There have been far too many bought to have similar supply and demand to what it was like before the sale. I do think their prices will rise, but not to their full prices before the sale.