Your Suggestion Beginnings

ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy

Figured I'd ask.

Who first got you into suggesting? Whose suggestions did you look up to? Who did you ask for help when you began?

For me, I don't remember who got me into suggestions or who I looked up to, but I know Sakamoto and Cobalt helped me a ton when I first started.

Maximus got me into suggesting when I requested for him to suggest the Burning Fed-Fightin' Fedora for me. He did it so damn quickly and I wanted to learn how to do that.

Mindacos and Maximus were the two main people that helped me in the beginning, and now Foamy also helps me out a ton. 

Who got me into suggesting: One of those tryhards who has like 50 open suggestions at all times and a black belt. TBH I just wanted the black belt.

Whose suggestions I looked up to: Salvage, Spotlight and Mindacos.

Who I asked for help: Salvage and K1ng, Shuffle Spy, and Sin basically all did my suggestions for me, especially the unusual suggestions.

I still suck at suggestions though and only do one when I get a request or just like/seen a hat everywhere.

I'm the only one who cares about my items so I have to suggest on them to price them myself.

I didn't ever ask for help because I'm to proud to get help from people I don't know on the Internet and also I already know how to do it.

• Like 2

Baloo, I pretty much copied his suggesting style. Learned quite a bit from Hugh Jazz as well.

Learned unusuals from pudding.

Then turned to shit and just ctrl c ctrl v'd long's proof but with a sensible range for points

• Like 1

• Administrators

I got into suggesting because I had owned an unpriced hat that I wanted to try to price. I read through suggestions in general, and just started ahead.
http://backpack.tf/suggestion/54f363cfb98d88fb108b4678behold the garbage that is my first suggestion, lol 
http://backpack.tf/suggestion/54f47d6cb98d88af7f8b4619

People that have always helped me in the start were Gent (MaGenta back then), Coolrocks, Eldric Liaz, Polar, Aaron, Marty Birdman (even correcting mistakes when I reached higher belts), and to a slightly lesser extent people such as Kevin, Jacob, Hex, Roller and Snowraptor. There are more, but those are the ones who most frequently did so - both in terms of fixing mistakes as generally learning the ropes/showing handy tricks and such.

I've never really looked up to a specific suggester's suggestions and tried to create my own style, layout etc

I started suggesting because it looked fun and I wanted to help get lower insanely inflated unusuals I kept getting offered on trade servers. As far as who I looked up to, definitly Jarool, K1ng, and Maximus. They all have clean, easy-to-follow suggestions styles that made it look so easy.

Who got me into suggesting: Myself

Whose suggs I looked up to: Mindacos, Randy, Merndy

Who I asked for help: Surs, Mindacos

Glad to see my name here :). I mean, not just my name since it sucks, but because it's me... right? Oh well you get my point, don't you.

1) Who first got you into suggesting? Pretty much myself. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to start suggesting things. I was crazy enough to start with a currency suggestion, and didn't go that bad: http://backpack.tf/suggestion/55a2bbf6ba8d88a20f8b4633. Those times when refs were $0.12 ... good times, good times.

Then I got into unusual suggestions, but honestly don't remember exactly why I mentioned ShadowMan here: http://backpack.tf/suggestion/55c39307ba8d88da508b4588. Probably just a challenge or something.

2) Whose suggestions did you look up to? Foamy, Mindacos, Randy, ShadowMan...  pretty much everyone that made a lot of suggestions at the time and were extremely accurate.

3) Who did you ask for help when you began? Didn't really ask for help to anyone in particular, aside from the occasional question to mods or other people directly on the main site regarding rules, or just those special cases not stated in the unusual suggestion guide. On the other hand, some people have added me asking for help and I have tried to do as much as possible for it.

So yes, a year and a half later, I believe it's been worth it.

I saw someone who was named Pastenfelipe and had a blue belt make a bunch of suggestions, so I followed.

I then saw roller and got into unusual suggestions

Who first got you into suggesting:                Myself

Whose suggestions did you look up to :      Salvage

Who did you ask for help when you began: Salvage

1. Who or what got me into suggesting?

I had a common unpriced third gen and thought it was odd that it hadn't been valued yet.

http://backpack.tf/suggestion/5386213b4dd7b8877c8b46c8- I was clearly ahead of the curve when it came to pricing all unusuals in keys. I actually thought it would auto-convert to buds for some reason, but nope. I was planning on just pricing the Ten Gallon and leaving it at that, but I had to start voting because closing my initial suggestion gave me -rep, and I got interested in the process as a result.

2. Whose suggestions did I look up to?

Aaroncsn, Gent, Mindacos, dr1ftec, Peasant, NecroTed, Snowraptor, etc. These guys were prolific back in the day, and their work was readable and usually quite refined.

3. Who did I ask for help?

Nobody. I learned by paying attention to the comments people left on my suggestions or those I had voted on, while also using the unusual suggestion guide as my main reference point. Aaroncsn's comments were especially helpful, because they taught me how to use sort by time and item ID#s to track sales thoroughly and accurately before scripts & the compare feature streamlined things for everyone. I would have been lost without learning how to do that, and it still helps me with everything I review nowadays.

At first, I thought backpack.tf was a price manipulation site, so I thought I might as well manipulate my own items as well.

I didn't really look up to any suggesters since backpack.tf was a manipulation site to me at that time.

I also didn't really ask for help, lol. I started improving when chigga started complaining about my shit suggestions in the forums lmao.

Then turned to shit and just ctrl c ctrl v'd long's proof but with a sensible range for points

nub

At first, I thought backpack.tf was a price manipulation site, so I thought I might as well manipulate my own items as well.

I didn't really look up to any suggesters since backpack.tf was a manipulation site to me at that time.

I also didn't really ask for help, lol. I started improving when chigga started complaining about my shit suggestions in the forums lmao.

nub

hello? reputation points with doing nothing? that was brilliant. Oh and this http://backpack.tf/suggestion/512ff567ba2536794d000006was my first suggestion lol, and this http://backpack.tf/suggestion/513284134bd7b87301000004 was my second.

oh god remember when tf2finance was a thing?

Who first got you into suggesting?

Some guy on a RAWR (pre-ppm) unusual trade server was upset that his unusual was being lowered, so asked everybody to downvote the suggestion. I saw that you could suggest prices for your own items, so I figured I could manipulate the site for my own profit

Whose suggestions did you look up to?

probably hugh jazz, necroted, maybe roller and tom cruise?

Who did you ask for help when you began?

not really anyone, I never even read the rules. Only person I remember helping was the guy with the sham-wow profile pic (now jimmy fallon), forget his name though. Within the last year though I pretty much go to foamy, mindacos, or polar if I have any questions

Who did you ask for help when you began?

not really anyone, I never even read the rules. Only person I remember helping was the guy with the sham-wow profile pic (now jimmy fallon), forget his name though. Within the last year though I pretty much go to foamy, mindacos, or polar if I have any questions

Vince!

Well, my first suggestion, MY VERY FIRST ONE WAS JUST TO SHITPOST LMAO

I still remember what was running through my mind when I made that one, "Shitpost you'll be populair lmao"

My first accepted suggestion was inspired by polar, woifi, Cashew and Pudd's.

And I mean with that I actually looked into their unusual suggestions and took inspiration from them.

Thanks for that, polar, Woifilicious, Cashew and Puddilicious!