Remove trading threads that break the rules.

The Oddball

For example, if someone makes an account trading thread, it stays up, therefore getting free advertising. Thus they can sell the account on the forums.

If it was removed this problem is solved.

The main reason we keep it up after locking it is so that the user who posted the thread and any others who visit the thread are notified once again that such action is against our rules. It saves a lot of questions about why a certain thread was removed

The main reason we keep it up after locking it is so that the user who posted the thread and any others who visit the thread are notified once again that such action is against our rules. It saves a lot of questions about why a certain thread was removed

Just send a private message to the thread creator to let them know? The people who visits the thread should just read the rules, and if not they get the same treatment as the guy who made the thread.

Just send a private message to the thread creator to let them know? The people who visits the thread should just read the rules, and if not they get the same treatment as the guy who made the thread.

But what about the people that offered on the thread? They'd suddenly see the thread get removed without any reason why.

And it's not as if this is really a problem, it's not as if there are people thaf post a thread every day that breaks the rules and get it locked. We lock the thread and friendly remind that they should take a closer look at the rules. If one were to maliciously break rules continuously to get attention to rule breaking threads we already warn for that.

Really, this is a non-issue

And it's not as if this is really a problem, it's not as if there are people thaf post a thread every day that breaks the rules and get it locked.

That also applies the other way around. What is better? Letting people get advertising for things we don't to be advertised, or just delete it and let posters know and everyone who offered may question why. The first is better to be honest, it's not like a lot of people will be offering on accounts anyway.

Instead of removing threads that "break the rules" why don't we just permanently ban all users who are marked as scammers from ever posting on the forums.

Instead of removing threads that "break the rules" why don't we just permanently ban all users who are marked as scammers from ever posting on the forums.

Because being marked as a scammer doesn't violate our rules? These forums have purposes other than trading, and marked people are disallowed from posting in the trading section already. Actually, all people banned on the site are banned from the trading sections, not just scammers. If they do post in the trading section they are already severely punished, immediately receiving a temporary ban and and permanent ban if they do it again.

Because being marked as a scammer doesn't violate our rules? These forums have purposes other than trading, and marked people are disallowed from posting in the trading section already. Actually, all people banned on the site are banned from the trading sections, not just scammers. If they do post in the trading section they are already severely punished, immediately receiving a temporary ban and and permanent ban if they do it again.

Question. If I make a post on a treading thread that isnt about trading. Ala giving advice on a trading thread, is this bannable?

Question. If I make a post on a treading thread that isnt about trading. Ala giving advice on a trading thread, is this bannable?

Depends, if the guy is asking for help or your post is good, no. If your advice is just a random "you should sell for x instead" on a random thread or something like that then yes that's spam. Use common sense

Depends, if the guy is asking for help or your post is good, no. If your advice is just a random "you should sell for x instead" on a random thread or something like that then yes that's spam. Use common sense

I didnt mean it as spam, I meant in a general "my post isnt meant to trade" standpoint. Now I understand the rule better. I've refrained from talking in those threads