BAN bots from unusual buy orders

Kbzon

HI there,

Dont get mad (thos who have a lot of money), its just an idea. Over the course of the years bots have had a important role in trading, but i think in most the items bot have reasonable prices on buy and sell orders. Those even make the economy move. But in unusual buy offers most of the time the price is just a qs price and thus (the most idiot traders) think that if a bot is buying that low i should buy lower, so the economy starts to get slow.

I would love to see what do u think about this, again this is not againts anybody its just an idea and  i am open to be wrong.

• Administrators

Buy orders are listed by descending price, so buying lower than someone else would push your listings down and make them less visible. If anything, buy orders increase the chance of people outbidding each other and driving the price up slightly, surely?

Almost all buy listings for any kind of items, are quickbuyers. Quickbuyers are offering you a fast way for you to get pure for your item, although at a low price, so that they can resell the item they buy from you and make profit. Even without bots this would still be happening, it might even make the prices even lower as people now have to use more time on buying the items.

If you want to sell your unusual for a reasonable price, you are better off listing it on Outpost yourself and waiting for offers.

If people want to sell to bots, they will. If people don't, they wont. Banning specific people from buying just so you can get a better deal works great in theory, for you, but is pretty futile. Bots will buy, and bots will sell, its a part of backpack.tf. 

IMO, i am very biased due to one small reason lol.

HI there,

But in unusual buy offers most of the time the price is just a qs price and thus (the most idiot traders) think that if a bot is buying that low i should buy lower, so the economy starts to get slow.

I would love to see what do u think about this, again this is not againts anybody its just an idea and  i am open to be wrong.

Yeah but banning Bots won't affect the number of retards around. Also it's better sold to a bot than sharked…

Retards always gonna be retards... You can decide if you wanna sell the item for a low price or not, a lot of non-bot users are buying unusuals with ridiculous disscount, so there is no problem with the bots..........also bots>sharkers, 

Buy orders don't affect the sale price. If anything, most buy orders are generally ~1-5 keys less than what scrap.tf offers. Anyone who's at least a little smart will tell when a bot in a buy order is lowballing.

• 11 months later...
On 11-10-2016 at 7:15 PM, Kbzon said:

HI there,

Dont get mad (thos who have a lot of money), its just an idea. Over the course of the years bots have had a important role in trading, but i think in most the items bot have reasonable prices on buy and sell orders. Those even make the economy move. But in unusual buy offers most of the time the price is just a qs price and thus (the most idiot traders) think that if a bot is buying that low i should buy lower, so the economy starts to get slow.

Are you implying you want to get bots banned just because you don't like their listings? WHAT?!