Guide to Killstreak/Sheen Kits and Fabricators

Woifi The Viking

Hey everyone! Just here to ask a few questions.

1) Primary weapons are the most expensive kits. I know that. But are certain Primary weapon kits worth more than others (for example, Prof. Rocket launcher kits are going for over $90, while the prof. syringe gun kit I've seen go for only $10. Or the Sharp dresser for spy going for $30, while the spy-cicle is only going for $15)? I am also assuming that some kits are rarer than others.

Well, the primary weapon for the medic is basically the medi-gun and not the sysinge gun. I just meant the weapons where you can easily kills with.

Well, the primary weapon for the medic is basically the medi-gun and not the sysinge gun. I just meant the weapons where you can easily kills with.

Not to mention soldier is a very popular class, as well as scout, and these heavily rely on primaries for most of their kills

Next to the gold pan and Australian weps, probably got the best pro fab drop this week (stock sniper rifle). Ok, rocket launcher due to popularity may be close. Had a great effect (fire horns) and sheen (villainous violet). Sold it for a bud and 6 keys within an hour of posting.

I got a manndarin specialized killstreak kit on my strange festive knife w/ demo, heavies and medics killed. Alone its worth 1.1 buds....but approx. how much w/ sheen? I was thinking maybe 1.4 buds b/c spy is almost exclisvely reliant on his knife (unless you're going sniper spy w/ amby :P) but idk.

I got a manndarin profesional killstreak kit on my strange festive knife w/ demo, heavies and medics killed. Alone its worth 1.1 buds....but approx. how much w/ sheen? I was thinking maybe 1.4 buds b/c spy is almost exclisvely reliant on his knife (unless you're going sniper spy w/ amby :P) but idk.

you said pro kit? whats the effect? first go see what pro knives are doing on the steam market

Next to the gold pan and Australian weps, probably got the best pro fab drop this week (stock sniper rifle). Ok, rocket launcher due to popularity may be close. Had a great effect (fire horns) and sheen (villainous violet). Sold it for a bud and 6 keys within an hour of posting.

Prob minigun kit or scatter actually

you said pro kit?  whats the effect?  first go see what pro knives are doing on the steam market

Uggh sorry specialized xD I get soooo fucking confused sometimes about these goddamn kits.

Uggh sorry specialized xD I get soooo fucking confused sometimes about these goddamn kits.

Go see what pro knives are doing on market. Divide that by $2.30 and that's how many keys its worth.

could you perhaps give me an estimate on the price of these:
  • Unarmed Combat with Team Shine sheen and Tornado effect
  • Crusader's Crossbow with Deadly Daffodil Sheen and Singularity effect

Thanks...

Completed my second tour, and got a Third Degree Kit + Splendid Screen Fabricator (w/ Manndarin). Not very good, though it seems like Splendid Screen kits have been popular on the market lately, so I might as well make mine. :P

Wolfi, if you don't want this here, please delete it. The other thread doesn't get anymore traffic, and people seem to be asking questions about the effects, so I will post this.

I've been looking around google for a while to see what kind of killstreak effects people like, and so far, I have not seen anything that would tell me which effects are good and which effects are bad. So I decided to do something for myself, and have people tell me what they think.

Here's how I would rank the effects: (top=best, bottom= worst)

1. Tornado - I find tornado the most different from the current unusual effects, and for some reason, kind of mesmerizing. I can't find many pictures for this effect unfortunately, but from this picture, it looks pretty good. http://cloud-2.steam...7077546A031B18/

looks like the unusual flame effect:

2. Fire Horns - This effect is clearly visible, it's basic, and it looks nice over all. http://cloud-2.steam...35398163414951/

3. Singularity - It's a nice effect that looks good when on a 5 killstreak, although it's not very visible to people. It looks very good at 10 kills.

10 kill streak: http://cloud-3.steam...A10CE19C6442D8/

5 kill streak: http://cloud-3.steam...5CF1C40C0811EE/

4. Flames - It's a good effect, but unfortunately, not very visible on any streak. 5 killstreak effect is disappointing.

5 kill streak: http://puu.sh/5v5OT.jpg

10 kill streak: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_di9q2wQhr4

5. Cerebral discharge - This effect is a bit weird. It's different for every picture that I have seen. In some cases, it looks decent, and for others, it looks very bad. On top of that, I do not believe that it matches up well with any hat.

Bad killstreaker: http://cloud-2.steam...1172924C1F37DD/

Nice killstreaker: http://cloud-4.steam...4B2A63203680A8/

6. Incinerator - Half of it is smoke. Not many people like smoky effects.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=197672814

7. Hypno-beam - It looks weird, and it is disliked by many people from what I saw when I was looking around the internet.

http://i.imgur.com/ACI3xBL.jpg

This is just how I would rank it, I haven't seen anybody else do this, so I'm just starting it. Please feel free to rank these yourselves below :)

If you agree, please like it so I know. If you do not, please post what you guys think.

I got a manndarin specialized killstreak kit on my strange festive knife w/ demo, heavies and medics killed. Alone its worth 1.1 buds....but approx. how much w/ sheen? I was thinking maybe 1.4 buds b/c spy is almost exclisvely reliant on his knife (unless you're going sniper spy w/ amby :P) but idk.

The kit is 3 keys so don't expect much. ;)

Thanks...

Well professional kits take like 7 keys to make them, so I would say 7-8 for the unarmed combat and maybe 8 for the crossbow? Why didn't you use it on a strange crossbow...

Completed my second tour, and got a Third Degree Kit + Splendid Screen Fabricator (w/ Manndarin). Not very good, though it seems like Splendid Screen kits have been popular on the market lately, so I might as well make mine. :P

Because splendid screen should be always visible technically.

The kit is 3 keys so don't expect much. ;)

Well professional kits take like 7 keys to make them, so I would say 7-8 for the unarmed combat and maybe 8 for the crossbow? Why didn't you use it on a strange crossbow...

Because splendid screen should be always visible technically.

Thanks for the help! Thinking about selling the Prof. Unarmed Combat for:

• Strange Professional Killstreak Backburner

Killstreaker: Cerebral Discharge

Sheen: Mean Green

Think that's a good deal?

Thanks for the help! Thinking about selling the Prof. Unarmed Combat for:

• Strange Professional Killstreak Backburner

Killstreaker: Cerebral Discharge

Sheen: Mean Green

Think that's a good deal?

Backburner > Unarmed combat for sure. So I would say yes.

My effect rank:

1. Singularity

2. Fire horns

3. Cerebral discharge

4. Ties:

Tornado

Flames

Incinerator

5. Hypnobeams

I don't think you can rank sheen as well because like paint it may depend on the weapon. Team sheen is universally good tho. I have the yellow sheen (manderin?)on my Huo Long Heater and looks very good with that weapon's color scheme.

Has anyone have any information of either of these effect sales?

Edit: Is anyone else thinking of buying pro fabs for weapons that havnt been released in strange version yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Which sheen is worth the most? i have specialized huo long heater fabricator with team shine sheen and not sure if i should make a kit or not...

Which sheen is worth the most? i have specialized huo long heater fabricator with team shine sheen and not sure if i should make a kit or not...

It usually comes down to either what the person's own preference is, or what goes best with the color/theme of the weapon itself (This is what I believe).

I didn't notice this before but the last chart gives you a rough estimate of the regular drop system percentages.

It seems like for situations where special/rare items are NOT involved (ie. expensive stranges like the kritzkrieg, rare items like the SF Scattergun or australium/collector weps) the price of Professional kits seems to have stabilized at around 7-12 keys (from the trades I've seen), and after it's applied to the item, just adds that item's original value to the value of the kit to make the total.

• 3 weeks later...

This is somewhat true however there are some pro kits (pocket pistol is one I can name off top of my head) that isn't worth the parts/spec crap put into it (it's around 3 keys). 

On the other hand kits for weapons with multiple variants and expensive stranges will be worth more before they are applied to a weapon. Also, kits/weapons that can be used by multiple classes almost all go for more.

Hypno beam is least desired Killstreaker

Fire Horns is most popular from what I can tell followed by tornado and singularity. Cerebral discharge and flames are kinda in the middle. Although these are personally preference based. Manndarin and Violet tend to look the best but the Greens go nicely with halloween unusuals and certain people like the Hot Rod (pink) stuff.

Is it more profitable to craft fabricators into kits than to just sell them as fabricators?

Usually yes, even though its a bit harder now.