cleverpun

Place any general tech support questions here.

Need something specific? Make a separate thread.

Have a resource you think is useful? Mention it and I'll list it in this post!

Resources List (WIP);

Topic: android typing.

Question: often when I type big paragraphs my cursor ends up on the top of the paragraph, and what am I hitting?

Topic: android typing.

Question: often when I type big paragraphs my cursor ends up on the top of the paragraph, and what am I hitting?

Happens to my tablet as well, also an android.

A good resource is Ninite: http://ninite.com/

It allows you to download multiple essential programs at once. For example, when you get a new computer, it allows you to download Avast, Chrome, VLC, uTorrent, and hundreds more at once. Choose what you want and download!

• 2 weeks later...

A good resource is Ninite: http://ninite.com/

It allows you to download multiple essential programs at once. For example, when you get a new computer, it allows you to download Avast, Chrome, VLC, uTorrent, and hundreds more at once. Choose what you want and download!

The only programs I use a Chrome and Steam though :/

• 4 months later...

Topic: New Case

I just got myself a cooler master CM 690 III.

This version doesn't, however, have a side intake. I currently have a 7970 with non blower style cooling. Will the 200mm front intake, 120 mm rear outtake (water cooling radiator attached), 2x120mm top outtakes and a bottom 120mm intake be enough to cool the system? 

Topic: New Case

I just got myself a cooler master CM 690 III.

This version doesn't, however, have a side intake. I currently have a 7970 with non blower style cooling. Will the 200mm front intake, 120 mm rear outtake (water cooling radiator attached), 2x120mm top outtakes and a bottom 120mm intake be enough to cool the system? 

you'd be fine with front 200m and rear 120 with a blow fan on the gpu. i assume you have a passive cooling setup on it, and then it will be enough if you dont max it out for a long period of time (12hrs+) or overclock it, or live in an area which have high humidity

you'd be fine with front 200m and rear 120 with a blow fan on the gpu. i assume you have a passive cooling setup on it, and then it will be enough if you dont max it out for a long period of time (12hrs+) or overclock it, or live in an area which have high humidity

Hong Kong has really high humidity. Should I be doing anything? Occasionally I'll leave the computer on overnight to render video, and then sometimes this rendering can go on for a solid 24 hours. 

Also, what is passive cooling?

Hong Kong has really high humidity. Should I be doing anything? Occasionally I'll leave the computer on overnight to render video, and then sometimes this rendering can go on for a solid 24 hours. 

passive cooling is like a heatsink made of aluminum. you probably have one on your motherboard.

if you render using your gpu you might run into trouble.

run hwmonitor overnight when rendering and if you get like 60-70 degrees celcius id start to worry

passive cooling is like a heatsink made of aluminum. you probably have one on your motherboard.

if you render using your gpu you might run into trouble.

run hwmonitor overnight when rendering and if you get like 60-70 degrees celcius id start to worry

If I ever leave it on overnight though, I close the windows, and generally I shut the windows an hour before I leave it be and turn on the air conditioner. Does that help?

If I ever leave it on overnight though, I close the windows, and generally I shut the windows an hour before I leave it be and turn on the air conditioner. Does that help?

no idea really. when my room is humid i have to open the windows to get rid of it. the humidity itself isnt a problem. but in very humid places, there's usually very hot. which affects the gpu more than if you were to live in sibiria

so the "intel only" thing is more of a marketing thing?

also, would corsair vengeance ram work with an A10 cpu? 

yesh

• 9 months later...

Any tips to put your Computer at full power?

If you mean maximising system resource Eg making it faster a good place to start is opening up task manger and look at how many active services you have running and cancel ones you don't need this can improve speed immensly

Any tips to put your Computer at full power? 

It's not really a good idea to maximize your psu if thats what you mean, no beneficial performance is gained, but too get maximum power you need to add more powerful hardware (gpu, cpu, etc...) Which ultimately leads up to more performance. 

• 1 month later...

Whoa, what do you render that takes 24 hours?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After updating my Windows to Windows 8.1 , everything on my computer says that I'm not connected to the internet even though I am

Then I can't run TF2 . Help help

After updating my Windows to Windows 8.1 , everything on my computer says that I'm not connected to the internet even though I am

Then I can't run TF2 . Help help

Have you updated your wifi/network drivers?

Does the issue persist on both ethernet and wifi? 

And as always,....are you sure you're connected to the internet? Can you load pages in IE/chrome/other? 

Have you updated your wifi/network drivers?

Wait what, how do you do that? I did not

PS: Only happens on my computer after updating to Windows 8.1, my IPhone had no issues

Edit: Windows tell me that the driver is up to date