Backpack.tf Secret Santa

Santa Heavy

We could have a singular trust-able person hold onto the gifts and trade-offer the respective persons at the end of the event.

I could do that, I mean I am the organizer. I could stash them in my alt until christmas.

If anyone feels uncomfortable about this that's fine, if you have someone better in mind just lemme know.

ps I'm really bad at using multiquote.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could do that, I mean I am the organizer. I could stash them in my alt until christmas.

If anyone feels uncomfortable about this that's fine, if you have someone better in mind just lemme know.

ps I'm really bad at using multiquote.

With the whole omgmiddleman scam going around I see 2 favorable options.

• Sign up as a secret santa. You and a couple organizers (Happy to volunteer btw) will randomize partners, organizers make sure that person A and person B both have a gift for eachother, and then they add eachother and trade.
  • Or same as above except singular alt account holds the stuff (Which I am against because A. Scam potential, and B. Someone might go over the top and get a low tier unusual and good for the partner, but someone looking at the alt's backpack might get jealous and pissy that they got something crappy.)

With the whole omgmiddleman scam going around I see 2 favorable options.

• Sign up as a secret santa. You and a couple organizers (Happy to volunteer btw) will randomize partners, organizers make sure that person A and person B both have a gift for eachother, and then they add eachother and trade.
  • Or same as above except singular alt account holds the stuff (Which I am against because A. Scam potential, and B. Someone might go over the top and get a low tier unusual and good for the partner, but someone looking at the alt's backpack might get jealous and pissy that they got something crappy.)

Both are pretty good options.

However this is how it's working.

For example.

Person A

Person B

Person C

These three will be randomized.

Person A may end up getting a gift for Person C

Person B might end up getting a gift for Person A

Person C might end up getting a gift for Person B

So basically it's just the luck of the draw so nobody gets ripped off.

And the people will remain anonymous until the gifts are given.

Sound's good. Sign me up. 

also what is the min/max that we should be striving for?

And what about unpriced things. Like a nice tier Professional kit as a gift?

And the people will remain anonymous until the gifts are given.

I think it would be better if the person remains anonymous indefinitely (unless they want the other person to know) as it would add another level of mystery--"Hmmm i wonder who got me this..." 

I think the best way to handle it would be to put everything onto one account and then just have that account send trade offers to the corresponding people. 

Sound's good. Sign me up. 

also what is the min/max that we should be striving for?

And what about unpriced things. Like a nice tier Professional kit as a gift?

I think like $5-10 should be the min/max (probably like $5 flat). As for unpriced stuff--it would depend what you pay for it i guess.....so if you only pay $5 then its not an issue. 

I think it would be better if the person remains anonymous indefinitely (unless they want the other person to know) as it would add another level of mystery--"Hmmm i wonder who got me this..." 

I think the best way to handle it would be to put everything onto one account and then just have that account send trade offers to the corresponding people. 

I think like $5-10 should be the min/max (probably like $5 flat). As for unpriced stuff--it would depend what you pay for it i guess.....so if you only pay $5 then its not an issue. 

Alright, users will remain anonymous unless they request otherwise.

I will be putting the presents into one account (not mine, probably an alt or sum shiet.)

As for the max and min, use common sense, don't be super cheap and get something shitty like a craft hat, and don't buy something so expensive that it'll put a huge dent in your backpack value.

I will also judge if the present is nice enough or not. I'd like to keep the giving somewhat fair.

I'll sign up. My gift will probably be an odd leveled vintage, so that it's impossible to resell.

Edit: Got my gift to give.

hb8yvqP.png

Alright, users will remain anonymous unless they request otherwise.

Ok i feel kinda like an idiot right now....forgot about item histories. Ok, so gifting wouldn't actually matter for anonymity reasons. 

I'll sign up. My gift will probably be an odd leveled vintage, so that it's impossible to resell.

totally gonna give one of the items i'm brokering as a gift 

trollolol

Trade offers will obviously have to be used. For timezone problems and if you're online or not. Or only mobile during the holidays 

But gifted makes it so that you're stuck with it for sure. And it will be easier to remember who the present is from, when handling them. And how else are you going to get a mr bucket signed item date opened on xmas ? 

Trade offers will obviously have to be used. For timezone problems and if you're online or not. Or only mobile during the holidays 

But gifted makes it so that you're stuck with it for sure. And it will be easier to remember who the present is from, when handling them. And how else are you going to get a mr bucket signed item date opened on xmas ? 

It's called SECRET Santa for a reason. :P

Idk about you guys but I think being assigned a person would be a better deal than completely randomizing everything. It gives you a chance to get something more personal. If you end up losing in the end, who cares, Christmas is about giving

Idk about you guys but I think being assigned a person would be a better deal than completely randomizing everything. It gives you a chance to get something more personal. If you end up losing in the end, who cares, Christmas is about giving

I'm telling everyone who they're supposed to be getting a gift for, read da rules m8.

I really do think these should be all gifted. If you're just gonna resell it, what's the point?

I'll make it optional I suppose. Get GW if you want.

ill join, except i wont be around here around christmas

i wont be able to giftwrap anything though my comp is dead so i cant load tf2 :/

Archived