Big Backpack Guy Shot Down by VAC

JCapps

I honestly dont understand the need for LMAOBOX in MvM. Its basically a levelling system. If you plan to be a regular then learn the meta first (what everybody else starts with) then when you get to higher tours (20+) even high tours pretty much let you screw around with dumb loadouts. The amount of MvM tours I have just gone full Demoknight or Fat Scout makes it a good laugh but its something you have to work for.

When I hear about 0 tours using cheats to complete a tour all I hear is one thing "I want Aussie. Give me pan. I want to cheat my way into lots of money" and thats the problem.

Can you honestly say that you feel you deserve that rare drop at the end of a tour? I would ban a cheater in MvM because they are undeserving to receive a reward.

Playing pubs with a cheat is equally as boring I would imagine. Where is the goal? Your team will most likely win anyway and nobody is going to dominate you and then you get kicked for cheating. How is that a fun way to play the game?

When I have wanted to let off steam I either play MvM becuause I enjoy blowng up bots, or playing Medieval mode because its probably the only game mode where demoknight has a real chance anymore since all his nerfs.

Of course I am very glad that cheaters got played and VAC'd. But I am not sure how I feel about the backpack lock. They're cheating hurt players and that is just logic. But now a VAC ban will hurt some trading. Items that are 1 of 1 that can never see the light of day again is something I am quite sad about. I dont know how many are now gone. I had heard about the C Heart Hazmat and from your own backpack you have the rarer HOUWAR (non-craftable non tradable).

Its a good punishment to make people think twice about cheating but unfortunately it has a negative effect on the trading community and collectors of certain hats/effects

Edit: Spellbound warpig will now be deleted. My dream is shattered

• Like 3

I get cheating in pubs to piss people off because that's what the majority of TF2 players do anyway, spam lenny binds, talk shit, taunt and act like fuking cancer twats but cheating in MvM? wtf you're playing against AI bots that run the same pattern every single wave...

If you want to help the little guys in MvM, make a guide, tell them what to upgrade etc, cheating to win for them isn't helpful at all lol they'll just end up having xx amount of tours and not know what to do because a hacker did most of the work. Anyway I hope you get through your issues, TF2 is a casual simple game so I don't really care much but watching people on here lose money / items makes me sad.

Just another big trader going mental because he already quicksold and quickbought tf2 to death. Kinda reminds me of fortesp going crazy and deleting all of his low crafts

• Like 3

Thank you for those who understand why I chose to do this. TF2 is by no means becoming a bad game, its just that I have been more frequently and consistently "playing" TF2 for the wrong reasons. I barely even went on TF2 other than dumping some money for tickets in mvm. The large percentage of my time went into going on the internet everyday, clicking on outpost and bazaar bookmarks 30 times a day figuring out how I could dump more money into the game. Even today, my natural muscle memory when i start my computer is to go into chrome and click all of my tf2 trade related bookmarks, which I of course now deleted. The game wasn't even fun anymore. It was a chore to appease Needy McGreedyâ„¢. When I first started TF2, it was all about voice commands, rocket jumps, and heavy picnics. That now became only about 5% of overall TF2 interaction.

As for my life outside of TF2, I am ALREADY starting to see some improvement. I actively tried to engage in a conversation with several people either from my family, work, or friends...which never really happens. I now have some motivation to do things I haven't even considered in months, or even years. It's going to take some time to ween off TF2, but I don't want to forget about it entirely. I still want to enjoy the side that I enjoyed before even buying the game: just learning and watching. People like Muselk, Jerma, Uncle Dane, etc have all been a blast to watch. Not just Youtubers, but general cinematic content creators who participate in the saxxies, such as The Winglet. All fantastic people who earned the attention.

For the $20 code, I think it would be best If I gave it to the person who contributed most during my entire TF2 life...lol, who ironically goes by Death: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964150063/

Death and I have been friends for a very long time and share similar mindsets. He is the owner of TF2SwapShop and we've been working, testing, and playing with the groups servers and plugins since TF2 Bosses were even a thing. His servers were the most enjoyable since most of them involved just silly nonsense. He deserves every ounce of respect from me for delivering a fun and fantastic TF2 experience for all who join his servers.

And with that, I'll leave with a run-on sentence of advice: Money does by you happiness, until you get bored of what you bought and buy something better, and then you get bored of that and buy something better, and then you'll get bored of that and buy something better, and then you'llgetboredandbysom.....

assign everyone who wants in on the raffle a number, use a random number generator

Yep.

EDIT: Nvmlol

I think the people who are saying that this is all because you are retarded and did something retarded are missing a detail.  This issue was about 90% ADDICTION and maybe 10% or less due to your personal situation.  Everyone can get addicted to something and imo your whole situation was due to extreme addiction.  I don't know how addictions works or how to break addictions... the only thing I can think of that breaks addictions is getting a new addiction.  Try to get addicted to life - social interactions and everything to do with life outside the computer. (I know.. easier said than done lol)  Good luck breaking your addiction, VAC ban should definitely help :P

• Like 3

I read the whole thing, and it had my rage flaring. If I'm understanding this right, you claim to have purposefully been VAC banned to stop yourself from trading, and didn't want to trade your items for paypal because it would make you feel rich and feed your addiction.

If you are so badly addicted to spending money that you need to waste thousands of dollars just to avoid doing so, you have greater problems than an addiction to TF2. That's something people get therapy for. 

Not to mention you laid waste to a burning team captain, which could have been donated to charity (it or its proceeds) for a good cause, but instead it was lost forever?

This entire story sounds pretty whack and I don't think I buy it completely.

I won't judge your story, although it seems like the whole thing about good side outsmarting shit side by cheating in order to get VAC'd could be a little revisionist?  Seems like it's more likely you just cheated for the hell of it, got caught, and are now looking at it as an opportunity, rather than a loss (which is commendable). I think at the core though, you're describing what addiction to TF2 can look like.  The game can be so casual and fun - win or lose - but there is a rabbit hole you can go down, and it's very, very deep.  It's so much easier to obsess over your backpack and your sets than it is to deal with shit outside of this game.  I guess that's kinda the point, it's a game and it should be an escape from real life stress.  But if you take it to the extreme where it completely dominates your life, it's time to cut the chord.  

The problem is of course that you can easily start a new account and do it all over again...

• Like 2

I think the people who are saying that this is all because you are retarded and did something retarded are missing a detail.  This issue was about 90% ADDICTION and maybe 10% or less due to your personal situation.  Everyone can get addicted to something and imo your whole situation was due to extreme addiction.  I don't know how addictions works or how to break addictions... the only thing I can think of that breaks addictions is getting a new addiction.  Try to get addicted to life - social interactions and everything to do with life outside the computer. (I know.. easier said than done lol)  Good luck breaking your addiction, VAC ban should definitely help :P

That still doesn't explain or justify why he didn't get his items out if his account (either by selling them for real money or giving them away) prior to hacking and getting himself VAC-banned. Chances are, he probably got caught off guard and wasn't expecting a sudden VAC wave to ban even those who were using the supposedly undetectable Premium hacks. If so, then you could say that it was a very risky and somewhat "retarded" move. 

Still, as someone who suffers from addiction problems myself (though it has more to do with procrastination problems in reality), I can definitely say that addiction is a tricky problem to deal with. As mentioned above, finding a new and healthy addiction can counter this problem, though it's much easier said than done. So yeah, good luck breaking your addiction. 

This is a point that alot of people tend to whiz by. The wealth was part of the addiction. Cashing out would in return give me my wealth back which wouldn't solve anything since i'd immediately buy everything back again. This way I have no wealth to go back in right away, so it was prevented.

lmao. So now you have no more money in your bank account? What're you going to do now, genius?

The damage control here is ridiculous. I hope you're never in charge of anyone's money.

Everything is so convenient that you could easily fabricate such stories to soften the blow of a person with high notoriety such as yourself because of your backpack. By sheer coincidence it just happened that you made all these walls of text right at the same time period the vac wave happened.  <_<

Meaning that you really put some effort so people won't judge you for the wrong reasons. So with that, why didn't you post it on a forum like this or tell people in advance that you are going to purposefully get vac banned so it wouldn't create a misunderstanding? All these walls of texts in your steam page and forums and all that explaining could've been avoided.

The basis of a good lie usually comes from a twisted truth. So while you might not 100% lie here, i am certain you are also 100% not honest.

I don't really understand the logic behind the things you've done, but I hope your life gets better outside of TF2. 

I still don't get it, if you wanted to get VAC banned so quickly why would you use the hack that has been undetected for 2 straight years

• Like 6

Get good, get VAC'd. Too bad you're only yet another cheater to the playerbase, and the vast majority of it won't even get to read your heartbreaking story, let alone care about it. Congratulations on wasting that Burning TC, though  :) Now off to solving your real problems 'cause TF2 ain't one anymore.

• Like 3

So you basically cheated, got caught, and fabricated a story in order to gain sympathy. kay.

Rip in peace TC. You will be missed.

People who honestly want to stop addictions and mental problems do it quietly

i'm gonna take issue with this part here. it's just not true and you've given no reason why it should be. people who want to sort their addiction out are frequently loud voices. if 100 people are doing a thing and 50 are addicted, and 10 are trying to quit, and 6 are vocal about it, you're going to say that only 6% of people are talking about addiction so it's stupid and they should just shut up. that's clearly silly but you only know part of the story.

not to mention spreading this outlook to "mental problems" more generally is even more stupid because i feel like the more people who are aware that their own mindset matches that of a mentally ill/addictive person, the more people who will take action to help themselves. thus even if they are doing it loudly it's for a very good reason.

I thought I was addicted to TF2 trading and all, constantly checking tf2op.com and bumping trades. 

Cashed out, didn't cash back in and that was enough. All of this was waaayy too extreme. Do I still play a lot of videogames? Hell yeah, they're entertaining and I usually have plenty of time to do whatever. 

As for the hacking stuff, I can see the joy in it. Everyone has a side that takes joy in watching people whine about getting destroyed by you, even if by artificial means. Tbh though I can't see how you can find it fun for more than an hour before it just gets boring. 

anyways cya d00d. Soon you'll never get on the forums anymore just like me.

While I agree with the sentiment that it would have been more reasonable to at LEAST sell some of your stuff and donate straight to charity, it's still good to hear that you're taking the actions you need to help yourself with mental trouble. Kudos for that. Whatever you may move onto next, best of luck to you.

And hit me up with some Mario Maker levels fam.

You should have just raffled, sold or gave your shit away to charity and then quit or used cheap hacks that would have gotten you banned quicker. The shit you owned was worth a lot of money that you sent into the void for no other reason than "[you were] "enjoying" TF2 for more and more of the incorrect reasons than when [you] started". Also your still a scumbag for cheating in MvM. You cheated and got expensive shit in return, you still got a prize for hacking. People fucking grind so fucking hard to get a chance to get those items legit, while you hacked them in.