Anyone else as pissed as I am about how AMC basically boned over The Walking Dead fans last night? (Season 6 Spoilers)

xG:CL Scootaloo

Negan was revealed last night, and if any of you are avid followers of the comic like I am, you'll know that the scene that SHOULD have happened last night is basically TWD's equivalent of the Red Wedding, but AMC decided to instead fuck the fanbase over by leaving it off on a cliffhanger.

It is one of the biggest travesties to happen to a fanbase. AMC really screwed the pooch on this one. 

I even read somewhere that people are comparing this to the infamous episode of Happy Days where the Fonzie jumped over the shark on his motorcycle, thus cueing the term "Jumped the Shark" when a TV show has hit its peak. When a TV show uses waaaay too many cliffhangers to keep the viewers watching, there are folks who are calling it "Swinging the bat" in reference to the Negan scene. 

So, what are your thoughts on the season finale?

That really escalated quit a ton. Neagan's reveal was nothing less than stellar, i'm am very confident Jeffery Dean Morgan will kill it (in more ways than one) in future seasons.

Yes i was disappointed that they didn't show the execution, but its kind of a stretch comparing it to Happy Days' shark scene... like.. a lot of a stretch   :lol:. Compared to the other disappointing tv shows i've seen, this is nothing, and most will just be fixed when the next season will start.

I have already learned my lesson to never go with the highest expectation constantly on a tv show since i might be very disappointed (dexter,lost,prison break, house M.D, heroes,merlin...heck.. even arrow), but i did have high hopes for the finale, and anything else besides not revealing who died pretty much met my expectations, and i loved the buildup during the season and the tension on the last 10 minute.

But yes, i do agree that the cliffhanger was unnecessary and it would've been even more amazing if it ended like in the comics. 

Here's the thing, i'm not worried for this finale as much as i am worried on who died. If someone less significant like Aaron died, then i would be waaay more pissed than anything else walking dead ever did.

• Administrators

Negan was revealed last night, and if any of you are avid followers of the comic like I am, you'll know that the scene that SHOULD have happened last night is basically TWD's equivalent of the Red Wedding, but AMC decided to instead fuck the fanbase over by leaving it off on a cliffhanger.

It is one of the biggest travesties to happen to a fanbase. AMC really screwed the pooch on this one. 

I even read somewhere that people are comparing this to the infamous episode of Happy Days where the Fonzie jumped over the shark on his motorcycle, thus cueing the term "Jumped the Shark" when a TV show has hit its peak. When a TV show uses waaaay too many cliffhangers to keep the viewers watching, there are folks who are calling it "Swinging the bat" in reference to the Negan scene. 

So, what are your thoughts on the season finale?

I myself love Cliffhangers, they keep you anticipated and wanting more.

As for the ending, I really don't like how Carol is behaving all of a sudden, it seems like the directors and writers suddenly wanted to change her characteristics. She is all of a sudden so broken, seems extremely weak, and depressed. She wasn't like this at all, not as much as she is right now. I am curious to see where they take her character and what they do with it. I really want the old badass Carol back though.

Can't wait for the new season. Would love to see how they play out with Negan.  :ph34r:

I myself love Cliffhangers, they keep you anticipated and wanting more.

As for the ending, I really don't like how Carol is behaving all of a sudden, it seems like the directors and writers suddenly wanted to change her characteristics. She is all of a sudden so broken, seems extremely weak, and depressed. She wasn't like this at all, not as much as she is right now. I am curious to see where they take her character and what they do with it. I really want the old badass Carol back though.

Can't wait for the new season. Would love to see how they play out with Negan.  :ph34r:

Think they are setting her up for what she did in the comics? (Not sure if you are a comic reader.)

Archived