TF2 Items Origin Question - need help

Ariil

Hey, guys.

I just have a question about the origin of an item.

I bought genuine items and noticed:

the 1st item's origin was: Steam Purchase

the 2nd one's origine was: Traded

What does that mean ? Is the second one a ill gotten item or what's wrong ?

Plz reply.

Thank you.

steam purchase origin is when the owner buy the item from the store. traded is when the next owner get the item by trading.

Thank you but I bought lots of genuine items and their origin is "Steam Purchase" but some of them are "Traded". I got all items via trades so why doesn't change the origin ?

I'm not so sure what origin "traded" means. If it was true that all items traded have the origin "traded", then almost all my items would have that, but they don't.

I think I got it! All genuine items - traded or non-traded have the origin "Steam Purchased". After one update (I dunno which one it was) the origin changes. So if you bought one game + genuine item and you didn't trade it yet the origin should change to "Traded". This doesn't happen with items which are gotten before the update and traded more than 1x.

So old genuine items, which were traded have "Steam Purchased" and will never change!

And items, which aren't traded yet have "Steam Purchased" but after one trade they'll get "Traded" as origin.

Archived