[Guide] How to find the Steam Identity_Secret on an Android Phone

The Oddball

For iOS Devices: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/45995-guide-how-to-get-your-shared-secret-from-ios-device-steam-mobile/

It also has a console input, where you can type "identity_secret <your base64 identity_secret>" if you've extracted your identity_secret from your phone. Doing so will make Automatic confirm all confirmations automatically.

This means you can now have auto acceptance of trade confirmations!

Let's see how to get the identity_secret on an android phone so you can use this feature :D

What you need:

A Rooted Android Device

A USB Cable

Notepad++

A PC

Step 1: Navigate to /data/data/com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/files/Steam-(Your Steam64 ID) using Root Browser

Step 2: Copy this file to your emulated SD Card by holding down on the file name, selecting "copy". Your Emulated SD Card is located in Storage/Emulated/0 (paste it here)

Step 3: Go to your PC, go to This PC, (Name of your phone), Phone, and the file should be in there.

Step 4: Open it in Notepad ++, and youll see a string about halfway in called

"identity_secret":"(your string here)" 

. Only copy the part where it puts your actual string, without the quotes. It should be a string of random alphanumerical characters. Copy this and go to backpack.tf automatic, type identity_secret (the string after it in the steam file).

You'll have automatic acceptance on.

NOTE: YOU NEED TO ENTER THE IDENTITY_SECRET EVERY TIME YOU START AUTOMATIC! DON'T DELETE YOUR FILE OR PASTE THE SECRET SOMWHERE ELSE!

PS: If you need your phone rooted, you can talk to me personally on steam and I'll be willing to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

ohh shit i didnt use a usb cable aswell as no notepad++ does that mean it doesnt work for me now? =( btw would be great if you could add the non root version forpeople whodont have a rooted phone 

ohh shit i didnt use a usb cable aswell as no notepad++ does that mean it doesnt work for me now? =( btw would be great if you could add the non root version forpeople whodont have a rooted phone

It's impossible to do it without root, as you require it to access the /data partition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got file into right folder, cant see the file in the folder when browsing from my PC. help please :/

I emailed it to myself to get it on my pc.......... k

Archived