New Rule - Use original suggested values of Unusuals

Woifi The Viking

1. IF YOU ARE USING AN UNUSUAL TO PRICE ANOTHER ITEM, USE ORIGINAL SUGGESTED VALUES INSTEAD OF THE CURRENT ONES.
  2. IF YOU ARE SUGGESTING A PRICE DROP JUST WITH B/Os AND YOUR PRICE IS HIGHER THAN THE ORIGINAL SUGGESTED ONE, YOU NEED AT LEAST ONE SALE.

How are getting that value?

Working on putting this into the website guidelines.

Rationale for the changes:

The recent price drop of buds (in keys) clearly showed that the way unusuals are stored on this site is no longer reasonable. This was always a big issue but now it's worse than ever and ~70% of all unusuals on the site are priced way too high.

Point 1:

To stay with our example, the beams crown had 3 suggestions for 8-8.5 buds in a row in the last 2 months (you can hoover over all the dots to see the suggested price on that date).

As you can see the price from 2 months ago would be 10.2-10.9 now and even the price that was suggested only 4 days (!) ago is 8.4-8.9 now instead of 8-8.5: http://puu.sh/4Mq9w.png

But of course it's current value is still rather 8-8.5 buds than 8.4-8.9.

Point 2:

An issue now are (conservative) suggestions which lower the price of an unusual (using b/os only) but when using the suggested system above, they are bumping it up in fact: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52504b7c4cd7b88d628b456e He suggested 5.8-6.1, the suggested price from 2 months ago was 5-5.5 buds. I'm not sure if it is suddenly worth more now.~

Be careful:

• If the last suggestion was a conservative drop
  • If the price is very old or if it never had a suggestion before (but still a price)

In those cases you should do some more research.

Edit:

For really low tier unusuals which were priced as 0.6-0.7 bud for example you may use the current price, since they are not affected so much by the $-system and since 0.6 buds now (18 keys per bud) is different than 0.6 buds back then (i.e. 22 keys per bud).

FINALLY, came the understanding that the old storage system is not working .

I am UP+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Question " How about that - will react Brad? "

What happens when brad aint fix it? we take matters into our own hands :P

Kinda surprised this post wasnt done earlier, ive been doing this for a while now since Polar advised me and others to xD

If an unusual's outdated for 3 months, do we have to resuggest for the outdated one first? 3 months isn't as bad as Halloween unusuals priced a year ago.

Question " How about that relates Brad? "

Brad said it's very possible that pricing in buds and keys will be included in the next big update.

What happens when brad aint fix it? we take matters into our own hands :P

Kinda surprised this post wasnt done earlier, ive been doing this for a while now since Polar advised me and others to xD

Yeah kinda.^^

I realized that last night and instead of getting bad reputation for doing what we like and explaining it multiple times this was easily the best way and since most mods were doing it already. :P

Yeah also a shoutout to polar bear who kinda started doing this while I was absent. Since he made my suggestion of the 2 sales into a rule I made now his suggetsion of using original prices into a rule, lol.^^

If an unusual's outdated for 3 months, do we have to resuggest for the outdated one first? 3 months isn't as bad as Halloween unusuals priced a year ago.

I guess it is better if use the original price, yes. But a quick check of the unusuals current value will never hurt for sure. :P

Yeah kinda.^^

I realized that last night and instead of getting bad reputation for doing what we like and explaining it multiple times this was easily the best way and since most mods were doing it already. :P

Yeah also a shoutout to polar bear who kinda started doing this while I was absent. Since he made my suggestion of the 2 sales into a rule I made now his suggetsion of using original prices into a rule, lol.^^

Think brad mentioned something about taking away the graphs before? (someone correct me on this)

If he does, is there another method of obtaining the original suggested prices?

Think brad mentioned something about taking away the graphs before? (someone correct me on this)

If he does, is there another method of obtaining the original suggested prices?

History I think.

Examples of suggestions that still pass rule 2 since I think that is the most confusing rule:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/525688394dd7b8f7578b4568

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/525683c84dd7b8cb4d8b4568

The muffs were originally set at ~6-6.5. That was increased 7-8 due to currency changes. Suggestion was for 5-6.3 based only on b/o's. If the suggested range is less than the previous suggestion, then it is still okay.

As always, it is still best to price based on sales. The suggestion at 5-6.3 is still probably too high since he hasn't sold for 5 pure in a month. He does have offers greater than 5 in unusuals, though.

Examples of suggestions that still pass rule 2 since I think that is the most confusing rule:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/525688394dd7b8f7578b4568

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/525683c84dd7b8cb4d8b4568

The muffs were originally set at ~6-6.5. That was increased 7-8 due to currency changes. Suggestion was for 5-6.3 based only on b/o's. If the suggested range is less than the previous suggestion, than it is still okay.

As always, it is still best to price based on sales. The suggestion at 5-6.3 is still probably too high since he hasn't sold for 5 pure in a month. He does have offers greater than 5 in unusuals, though.

And an example which should not pass: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5256bf084cd7b83d278b456b (even if it would be 3.5-4)

Can someone just start a poll on wether we should just price all unusuals in keys or not?

No, that would be useless.

should just be a feature of the site. like this when you look up prices:

current price: 5-5.5 buds

original suggested value: 4.3-4.7 buds.

since brad and some other thinks usd is better for highend unusuals.

solves both problems each party has

making unusual suggestions harder for erryone o joy

but yes obviously a much needed rule, considering another potential ref drop

2000th post, gg

But then my bubble pipe would be 17.5, when I paid upwards of 23 for it ;_;

Feel free to make a suggestion for it. :)

Feel free to make a suggestion for it. :)

I know for a fact it doesn't look good where you make a sugguestion for a hat you bought using what you paid for proof, plus I'm selling it because I need a hat that makes my pyro look happier.

And one of the hats I paid recently dropped, so if I factor in overpay I'm not changing the hat by much.

I know for a fact it doesn't look good where you make a sugguestion for a hat you bought using what you paid for proof, plus I'm selling it because I need a hat that makes my pyro look happier.

And one of the hats I paid recently dropped, so if I factor in overpay I'm not changing the hat by much.

bp.tf price does not affect value much for high tier unusuals?

am i wrong

Archived