Pets!

Teeny Tiny Cat

6c0c4eed91db903a58bf219eee5ed4e5.png

49e3166ad1da775bb2b91534672e61da.png

Haven't posted here in a while. At the top you can see my meerkat, Timon (Tim for short). He was a birthday present of mine. Relatively feisty bugger; those claws are scarier than one might think so he doesn't get much playtime with our bulldog and cats. He gets along fine with them; the problem is he doesn't know his own strength, and those claws could do some serious damage, so better safe than sorry. He gets his walks on his leash and run around time (he likes the snow especially!) but he does try to dig into the carpet so we try to use up his energy outside!

Below is a guy I actually caught, Bender. I think he's an eastern tiger salamander. He does fine in his little terrarium; eats the crickets I put in there. Not much to say about him.

• Like 3

6c0c4eed91db903a58bf219eee5ed4e5.png

49e3166ad1da775bb2b91534672e61da.png

Haven't posted here in a while. At the top you can see my meerkat, Timon (Tim for short). He was a birthday present of mine. Relatively feisty bugger; those claws are scarier than one might think so he doesn't get much playtime with our bulldog and cats. He gets along fine with them; the problem is he doesn't know his own strength, and those claws could do some serious damage, so better safe than sorry. He gets his walks on his leash and run around time (he likes the snow especially!) but he does try to dig into the carpet so we try to use up his energy outside!

Below is a guy I actually caught, Bender. I think he's an eastern tiger salamander. He does fine in his little terrarium; eats the crickets I put in there. Not much to say about him.

Do you live in a zoo??? That's so cool

Do you live in a zoo??? That's so cool

I basically used to until we gave away most of our more exotic pets to various family and friends due to lack of required room. Astute viewers of this thread will recall that I once had a kangaroo named Edwin, a capybara named Kevin and a white tiger named Shere Khan. Kevin is in capybara heaven, and we gave Edwin to our uncle and Shere Khan to a rather eccentric friend of ours. We visit sometimes, they are well taken care of. A tiger needs room to roam and lots and lots of meat, and we just could not give the big guy the care he deserved after he got as large as he did (his last weigh in with us was 550 pounds; he was not expected to get that big). A meerkat, a dog, two cats and a salamander are a lot easier to manage; I am looking into something else exotic but more manageable. I absolutely adore exotic animals.

I basically used to until we gave away most of our more exotic pets to various family and friends due to lack of required room. Astute viewers of this thread will recall that I once had a kangaroo named Edwin, a capybara named Kevin and a white tiger named Shere Khan. Kevin is in capybara heaven, and we gave Edwin to our uncle and Shere Khan to a rather eccentric friend of ours. We visit sometimes, they are well taken care of. A tiger needs room to roam and lots and lots of meat, and we just could not give the big guy the care he deserved after he got as large as he did (his last weigh in with us was 550 pounds; he was not expected to get that big). A meerkat, a dog, two cats and a salamander are a lot easier to manage; I am looking into something else exotic but more manageable. I absolutely adore exotic animals.

Oh that was you. I'm so jealous, that sounds amazing

With exotic animals, does that also include spiders? 

spiders are gross

Also, a white tiger? Those are beautiful animals.

With exotic animals, does that also include spiders? 

spiders are gross

Also, a white tiger? Those are beautiful animals.

Funny you should mention that; my first experience with exotic animals was taking care of the class pet in second grade for the summer; a tarantula named Charlotte. My parents fondly recall the day they thought the spider was dead and how they didn't know what they were going to tell the teacher or me. I walked into the room with the terrarium as they were quietly arguing and simply said out loud, "Oh look, she's molting."

As for Shere Khan, he is a beautiful animal. Here's an old pic of him at a lean 275 pounds (repost from this thread, maybe? I don't remember which pic I used but it might be this one, sorry). He looks bigger than he is because of the bowling ball; the prespective is really funky. And yeah, the cacti are plastic, I live in Wisconsin after all.

98197c06589ef7145e220f4247325967.png

I forgot to multiquote, dont crucify me but @puddingkip, it is really fun to be with exotic animals, especially when you love them as much as I do.

However, obligatory "Don't own an exotic animal unless you know what you're doing and you know it's legal". Don't be the star of the next episode of Fatal Attractions; big cats and many other exotic animals are DANGEROUS even to experienced people like myself and professionals. To give you an idea of what this takes (not even going to get into cost for food, fuck me) I SELDOM went into the cage with the tiger. There is a separate "mini-cage" with a very strong steel door that I went in. The door opened half way on top for me to put food into. I tranquilized the tiger for vet appointments (this is very expensive as it is a very specialized job) and for cage cleaning. The only time I went into the cage with the tiger while he was conscious is to clean feces as obviously it's kind of inhumane to tranquilize a tiger everytime it takes a shit. I had to wear RIOT GEAR when I did this (this gear itself requires an accompanying license along with your big cat license) and as it is a wild animal I did need a pistol even though I mostly went in while he was asleep. There are many cases where people have to shoot their own big cat and I imagine it is heartbreaking. They are scary animals. Sorry for the rant.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Kittens born an hour ago, more are probably coming

-kittens-

Very cute, hope them and the mother come through healthily!

gj mother cat!

• Like 1

Kittens born an hour ago, more are probably coming

C65UqxvWgAI6FOj.jpg

What breed of cat is that? I want a cat with glowing eyes as well? Is it dominant or recesive, do you know?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there something wrong with my computer or is Pippa your imaginary friend

Nah I just like taking photos of her in stupid hats

Though she lives at my parent's house and I'm at my student place most of the time so kinda

Nah I just like taking photos of her in stupid hats

Though she lives at my parent's house and I'm at my student place most of the time so kinda

I actually said that because as of yesterday I could not see a picture in your post. I have fixed my computer problem since. On a related note, nice dog.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...