Suggestion Question: Crispy Golden Locks, 6 Ref, Polar

knavesmith

TMW someone cares to actually format one of these threads.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/555a80d0ba8d88546d8b45c4 - Suggestion in question

The screenshot is clearly suspicious. Font colors don't match, time stamp is in the wrong place and wrong format, etc. People were also discussing it in this thread and many agree that it is edited.

What was your reasoning to accept this suggestion, Polar, despite being aware of forgery?

Well yes its edited, question is if that's malicious, from the looks of it he just wanted to hide the buyers name, which is nothing bad itself. But yeah surely worth looking into it.

I did believe he sold it for 6 refined and the issue was one of communication. 

Screenshot is fake - But it's not in his bp anymore.

The guy he sent to got it duped? http://backpack.tf/item/2094648440

However, the buyer never had a nickname by "You" - http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheKingPig/

So, either fishy or he's hiding something.

I've got the buyer added right now, asking them what they bought it for. That isn't the correct person, btw - it's the next person in the history. Hat looks like it was duped a LONG time ago.

Update:Q2KQccC.png

Looks like it was a gift? Clearly, it didn't sell for 6 refined. The person they're referring to is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ReaverHispida

They don't show up on that history though, so yeah.

Could been private bp between those 2 then - should ask for screenshot of bp history.

Could been private bp between those 2 then - should ask for screenshot of bp history.

It's definitely a private bp. Apparently it's totally private, not friends only? I've sent him a friend request though, so I guess I'll talk to him ASAP

I did believe he sold it for 6 refined and the issue was one of communication. 

This suggestion isn't the only one. He's done multiple:

edd0c0d50ce4cc388c73225572738361.png

b6dc33e9cdefdd97434e6537b5e9ed7e.png

Can we just say the same about these? Furthermore, if he's covering up their names, who's to say he couldn't just edit the whole screenshot, as it looks like it has been done.

This has to be manipulation, Polar. There's no evidence whatsoever that it sold for 6 refined.

This suggestion isn't the only one. He's done multiple:

Can we just say the same about these? Furthermore, if he's covering up their names, who's to say he couldn't just edit the whole screenshot, as it looks like it has been done.

This has to be manipulation, Polar. There's no evidence whatsoever that it sold for 6 refined.

Thanks for looking into it. I have sent him a message to accept my add. It will get sorted out and suggestions can be reverted if necessary. 

My last comment on this. I added him. He gave me uncropped screenshots of not just this suggestion but his previous suggestions as well. It all checks out. All the suggestions are fine. These ARE all photoshopped, but they were only photoshopped to prevent the buyer from being identified. He sent me the original, uncropped pictures and they all check out (i.e. the person he sold to is the same person mentioned above who gifted it to the current owner. bp.tf history just skips the buyer in question). 

My last comment on this. I added him. He gave me uncropped screenshots of not just this suggestion but his previous suggestions as well. It all checks out. All the suggestions are fine. These ARE all photoshopped, but they were only photoshopped to prevent the buyer from being identified. He sent me the original, uncropped pictures and they all check out (i.e. the person he sold to is the same person mentioned above who gifted it to the current owner. bp.tf history just skips the buyer in question). 

Ah, okay. Thank you for clearing this up - makes sense as the buyer did have a private bp in these cases. Why they didn't want to be identified, who knows, but that's no problem really.

Also, I'm aware Maymay (or Sushi, or whatever he goes by now :P) reads the forums every now and then, so apologies to you if you're reading this, for falsely accusing you of manipulation. :)

Did you just mark your own post as solved? I don't remember marking your post as solved. ._ .

Did you just mark your own post as solved? I don't remember marking your post as solved. ._ .

I did. :P

Archived