backpack.tf Enhancement Suite

cares

backpack.tf Enhancement Suite (BES) is a userscript for Chrome, Opera, and Safari. It seeks to improve your experience by improving what's already on the site, as well as adding new features.

Primary functionality (tl;dr)

* rep.tf integration

* Price changes in backpacks

* Clsssifieds improvements (peek, quicklisting)

* Price tag improvements (Change strange part/paint multiplier, range selection, scm price fix)

* Improved search: SCM search (TF2, Dota 2, CS:GO + every other item on the SCM), Classifieds search from the search box, Unusuals search

Full functionality listed below (a lot more), including screenshots. Not everything is enabled by default, and you can easily turn on or off parts you (don't) like in your preferences.

Installation

You will need one of these...

TamperMonkey for Chrome

TamperMonkey for Safari

Firefox is no longer supported. Consider upgrading to one of the browsers that support TamperMonkey.

After you've installed the extension for your browser of choice, click the install link below to install the script. When prompted, select "Install".

Install (you can also use this link to force an update)

Next, sign into Steam and backpack.tf in your browser (if you haven't already.) Then you can change your preferences here.

If you're using my previously released rep.tf integration and/or Classifieds quicklisting userscripts, disable/remove since the functionality is also included in BES. Leaving them enabled will cause errors.

Chrome's session restore feature will not wait for extensions to be initialised before loading pages. If TamperMonkey hasn't finished loading try reloading the page when your browser is fully responsive.

Source code is available here if you'd like to see it.

Functionality A-Z (not in alphabetical order)

Click on [s-n] to see a screenshot of the functionality. If there is no screenshot, it is likely documented in the BES preferences section, or simply doesn't need further explaining. Menu actions can be accessed with the arrow next to your name in the header. [s-1]

Recent price changes

* Recent price change arrows in backpacks [s-1]

* Outdated unusual warnings [s-1]

* Recent Changes menu action, showing you the latest changes that have affected the backpack you're viewing [s-1]

Classifieds improvements

* Classifieds signature and auto-close

* Refresh backpack button to remove old classifieds listings [s-1]

* Classifieds peek [s-1]

* Classifieds sell listing value auto-fill

* Remove Listings menu action to remove all of your listings on the current page

Preferences

* Save Settings now saves your settings without having to reload the page

* BES preferences

* Can link to a tab using the fragment identifier: https://backpack.tf/my/preferences##bes

Price tags

* Tooltips for items priced in keys [s-1]

* Set the range shown in the tag to low, mid, or high

* Change the multiplier for modifications (paints/parts)

The latter two features can impact the shown refined value (in the user header) and thus increase or decrease it. This is not reflected on the backpack servers.

Quicklisting

* Quicklist presets [s-1]

* Quicklist current selection with a chosen price and message [s-1]

* Select Page button

rep.tf integration

* rep.tf button on profiles [s-1]

* rep.tf button in mini profiles [s-1]

* rep.tf reputation indicator/ban modal [s-1] [s-2] [s-3]

Improved search (SCM, Classifieds)

* Search the Community Market using the search box [s-1] [s-2] [s-3] [s-4]

Supported scopes: tf, tf2; cs, csgo, go; dota, dota2, dt, dt2; scm, market, steam

* Search backpack.tf Unusuals index quickly (/unusuals) using the search box [s-1]

Supported scopes: unusuals, unusual, u

* Search backpack.tf Classifieds using the search box [s-1] (sell orders only)

Supported scopes: classifieds, classified, cl, c

Format: cl:[item],quality+attr,tradable(+ or -),craftable(+ or -)

Examples:

Bill's Hat: cl:bill's

Uncraftable Head Warmer: cl:head w,,,-

Untradable Black Rose: cl:black rose,,-

Untradable, Uncraftable Haunted Beep Man: cl:beep man,Haunted,-,-

Unusual Tyrant's Helm: cl:Tyrant's,Unusual

Strange Australium Scattergun: cl:Scatter,strange+australium

Other

* Suggestion peek [s-1]

* Dupe checking (hover over the History button in a popover) [s-1] [s-2]

* Dupe check selection (in backpacks) [s-1] [s-2]

* Multiple items in user backpacks can be selected at once by holding down shift. Note: only works for items on the same backpack page.

* My Preferences menu action

* Lotto button in the community section

* Lotto can be removed from the front page

* Custom homepage wallpaper [s-1]

* Can replace converted key icons to their original.

Post suggestions on the thread, I read every post.

Changelog

Click here.

Supporting the project

You can support the project by donating 2 keys to me. I also add perks to any of your alts for 1 key each, up to 3 alts. There won't be supporter-only content, but you do get some perks shown to yourself and other users of BES.

Supporters currently receive a custom user color (optional), a custom belt (hat + effect, ability to remove the star) , and a badge on their profile. These perks are visible to other users of BES as well . Your perks will be pushed out with the next update of BES (when I have time, or longer if I'm working on a feature). TamperMonkey and GreaseMonkey check for script updates once a day, but you can also update manually. More perks may be added later.

Put your requested user color (if any, hex format) and your favorite hat/effect (optional as well, you can also choose to not have an effect) in the note and I'll get it processed ASAP. Pick a color you like here. If there are any issues or delays I'll add you on Steam to let you know.

Two simple rules regarding custom user colors:

* You can't choose a user color that belongs to a rank higher than yours. For example, if you're Donator+ (green user color), then you can't have a purple user name color. This also applies to the price suggestion moderator colors. However, if you have premium you may have a black user color (Donator++), because it's of a lower rank.

* It must be visible, so no faint yellows or whites. Obvious, but must be said.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks for the script.

suggestions:

* Quicklist current selection with backpack.tf price of each item

* quick check if an item is duped by clicking a button on the item's popup next to the history link

Release 1.1.0

- Classifieds listing creation date (click on Posted or use the menu action to toggle)
- Quick dupe checking: Hover over the history button, if it becomes green it's clean, otherwise it's duped. (Suggested by Consoco)

See OP for screenshots.

Minor release 1.0.1 made it so you can now hover over the suggestion preview to click links etc.

Thanks to Puddingkip for supporting!

---

I will add quicklisting with backpack.tf prices at a later date.

Release 1.1.0

- Classifieds listing creation date (click on Posted or use the menu action to toggle)

- Quick dupe checking: Hover over the history button, if it becomes green it's clean, otherwise it's duped. (Suggested by Consoco)

See OP for screenshots.

Minor release 1.0.1 made it so you can now hover over the suggestion preview to click links etc.

---

Thank you so much for this

Release 1.1.0

See OP for screenshots.

---

Is there any way to change it so that when you go to relist an item in the classifieds, your comments are saved like they are in vanilla backpack.tf? Thanks

Minor 1.1.1

Classifieds signature no longer overrides a listing's message when relisting
Item filter modal fixed

Version v1.1.2

Fixes for the May 12th, 2015 backpack.tf update.
Removed pricetags.earbuds option.

Let me know if there's any more things I should fix.

any chance you could add a way to check a lot of items to see if they are duped at once, such as having a red square appear like paint?  im looking to get some items that are duped, but waiting for the button to go green will take too long.

any chance you could add a way to check a lot of items to see if they are duped at once, such as having a red square appear like paint?  im looking to get some items that are duped, but waiting for the button to go green will take too long.

How could I implement the UI? I'd like to reuse the selection system.

Comparing backpack histories seems to have been removed. There is no drop down to allow me to select a history page for me to compare with.

Comparing backpack histories seems to have been removed. There is no drop down to allow me to select a history page for me to compare with.

This feature isn't included at all. Neither do I modify anything related to it.

This feature isn't included at all. Neither do I modify anything related to it.

Your reply just made me realize that you are not the only person on these forums that makes these scripts.....

Only you have permission to see that document. You need to provide access if you want cares to see it.

sorry, it was late and i was sleepy, it should be open now, my b

sorry, it was late and i was sleepy, it should be open now, my b

I think I know what you mean now. I'll try get it done today.

So.. what happened to quicklisting? It's still not working here since the update. Reinstalled everything several times. 

Release 1.2.0

Dupe check selection menu action in backpacks.

9UAR3bD.png

Creation time for buy orders.
Bugfixes.

Archived