[Guide] TF2 Trading Etiquette

Hatch Rawer Beryl

Forum specific,

Do check the date when it was posted, and when it was last bumped. Getting added by people who want to buy keys for $1.35 off a 1+ year old thread is just fucking annoying.

If it has not been bumped for a week, it should be closed under: inactive trade. Although i see your point, if you have an autobumper. But then you should just close the trade.

I say 70/30 blame.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it has not been bumped for a week, it should be closed under: inactive trade. Although i see your point, if you have an autobumper. But then you should just close the trade.

I say 70/30 blame.

I think he was talking about SourceOp / bp.tf threads.

I say 70/30 blame.

Except a lot of people search via google. I've had people add me to buy keys off me from a SOP thread thats over a year old, and it wasn't just once, its happened at least 20 times...

I've also actually had people add me to buy/sell me something off of a 3 month old (closed) Outpost trade, i'm assuming they found via google. 

Forum specific, 

Do check the date when it was posted, and when it was last bumped. Getting added by people who want to buy keys for $1.35 off a 1+ year old thread is just fucking annoying.

Mmkay added it.

I has new one: be an faget at all times

Go to the great below please. This topic isn't the place.

He just got his first warning point.

Hmm. Thinking of re-naming the guide. I don't want it so seem like an insult whenever it's linked to people. Anyone got an idea?

TF2 Trading Etiquette?

Trading Courtesy?

Pleasant Trading Tips?

Just a few ideas.

Hmm. Thinking of re-naming the guide. I don't want it so seem like an insult whenever it's linked to people. Anyone got an idea?

TF2 Trading Etiquette?

Trading Courtesy?

Pleasant Trading Tips?

Just a few ideas.

You're an Idiot, don't talk to me: 

TF2 Trading Etiquette?

Trading Courtesy?

Pleasant Trading Tips?

Just a few ideas.

I like the first one. Might rename it to that.

it could do with mentioning something along the lines of

"If you are not interested in glitched/low craft/odd level items then don't write posts on trades selling these items telling the trader that "craft numbers/levels don't mean anything!" and then tell them what the backpack.tf price is for the standard version of the item. "

it could do with mentioning something along the lines of

"If you are not interested in glitched/low craft/odd level items then don't write posts on trades selling these items telling the trader that "craft numbers/levels don't mean anything!" and then tell them what the backpack.tf price is for the standard version of the item. "

So....

"Mind your own business, just because you don't agree with their price doesn't mean you have the right to complain about it, just accept it and move along." 

So....

"Mind your own business, just because you don't agree with their price doesn't mean you have the right to complain about it, just accept it and move along." 

Thats a much better way of putting it yes. Also if someone is undercharging and asking for less than an item is worth I think it is perfectly acceptable to try and let them know, they might not care but they may be really happy you told them.

Do Not be the annoying person that pulls this shit in their trade notes: 

✔ God tier hat ✔ God tier class ✔ God tier effect ✔ Painted 

Do Not be the annoying person that pulls this shit in their trade notes: 

✔ God tier hat ✔ God tier class ✔ God tier effect ✔ Painted 

✔  cool hat

✔  1 of 2 on the market

✔  CLEAN!!!

✔  cool hat

✔  1 of 2 on the market

✔  CLEAN!!!

✔  Duped

✔ Gifted

✔  Cancer

✔  Heavy hat

✔  Overpriced

✔  Yuo shuld buy it!!

I'm not sure if I saw this or not. But drawing people into your trade because the item looks live, only to read the description and says stock=0. If it equals zero, then cancell the trade.

I'm not sure if I saw this or not. But drawing people into your trade because the item looks live, only to read the description and says stock=0. If it equals zero, then cancell the trade.

Or just don't bump it, any trade which hasn't been bumped should be assumed to be invalid unless was stated otherwise. Also, if I have a trade that is currently inactive, but I will eventually use again (selling ref/keys for cash) I will bump it once a week to stop it from getting closed.

Or just don't bump it, any trade which hasn't been bumped should be assumed to be invalid unless was stated otherwise. Also, if I have a trade that is currently inactive, but I will eventually use again (selling ref/keys for cash) I will bump it once a week to stop it from getting closed.

Added it.

Not really sure if this falls under this. Do Not Offer something that you know the seller won't accept. For example, a bad unusual for a good unusual

But if I'm selling some things as a set, Don't keep offering on individual items. There's been a couple times where I list an overpay for a single item. Everytime I do this, people will want a single item I have.

Or if I sell a heavy set, people will bid on the shotgun.

Archived