[GUIDE] How to use Steam Mobile Trading App "ICE Client: Steam Trading"

Edvis_Knife

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aegamesi.steamtrade

Ice is a native Android app which functions as a client for Valve's Steam network -- enabling you to chat and trade on the go!

What it supports:
- SteamGuard
- Steam/Game Trading + Trade Offers
(including private backpacks and non-tf2 trading)
- Viewing Steam/Game Inventories
- Chatting with friends
- Adding/removing friends
- Changing display name / online status

Additional Information
- The source code can be found here: https://github.com/ThePickleMan/SteamTrade/tree/master
- The source code is licensed under the MS Reference License

Ice does require you to enter your Steam username and password. This information is sent only to official Steam servers.

NOTE: Due to SteamGuard, you generally cannot trade on a new device until 7 days have passed since your first login. This cannot be cirumvented.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409434683

CHECK THIS OUT GUYS, IT SUPPORTS TRADING FULLY, AND WHEN YOU VISIT OUTPOST, AND SEE A TRADE OFFER LINK, THEN YOU CAN CLICK ON IT AND OPEN WITH THIS APP AND SEND A TRADE OFFER!!!! AWESOME, ITS NOT A HIJACK PROGRAM OR SOMETHING YOU CAN REVIEW THE SOURCE CODE, SAY THANKS TO AE!!!!

Im in these google play pics ;)

What do you think? still some bugs, but this does not cause to lose items or break account, just some small bugs which causes app to crash. Thank you all!

Share your opinions about this app below!

i do not trust that at all

check on google play reviews and rating and screenshots, still isnt legit?

Why do I feel like you've posted this before...

yeah, i had, and i cant lock it, it was in another section i think

check on google play reviews and rating and screenshots, still isnt legit?

yeah, i had, and i cant lock it, it was in another section i think

you never know when the creator fires up some backdoor giving him access to all the accounts used

you never know when the creator fires up some backdoor giving him access to all the accounts used

huh, 3 months still fine? if he wanted, he would already do that, i dont think if he would spend so much time on making this application very well, and then do something to destroy it lol

Edit: only the problem could happen if this program gets way so popular, and some phishers may try to make a "fake ice client" which would be a hijack program, this is what i think.

Button at top right of the thread

Oh well, bugged for me, can't bump, maybe because of my warning point

amRdCoc.png

Oh well, bugged for me, can't bump, maybe because of my warning point

no you can't because there is no bump button except on the trading subforums

i do not trust that at all

^this

Steam has their own official app and you can simply use your native android browser to accept trade/trade offers/chat...etc. Steam is infested with scammers/hijackers I wouldnt trust this app at all especially since it asks for password/user and steamcode...

huh, 3 months still fine? if he wanted, he would already do that, i dont think if he would spend so much time on making this application very well, and then do something to destroy it lol

We have had scammers build reputation over months by buying items via paypal and once the chargeback limit (6 months) is nearly over they immediately chargeback everyone and run away with everything, unless the creator is somewhat affiliated with steam or can prove himself to be a trustable member of the trading community I wouldnt trust it. Espeically many traders here have thousands of dollars worth of items, it isnt worth risking that for a small convenience though a third party application.

Also worth noting phishers up their game every time there is a new "barrier".

Phishing links in outpost comment > outpost inputs verification of links > adding users to phish > users get used to messages > have delayed messages to make them seem like a legit person > users getting used to it again > sfn. file verification scam > steam implements email verification > [insert next level scam] 3 months is also nicely around the time when email verification was a thing...

^this

Steam has their own official app and you can simply use your native android browser to accept trade/trade offers/chat...etc. Steam is infested with scammers/hijackers I wouldnt trust this app at all especially since it asks for password/user and steamcode...

Seriously. Why would I risk everything on a random 3rd party app when I can just use the OFFICIAL Steam app. Makes no sense.

Seriously. Why would I risk everything on a random 3rd party app when I can just use the OFFICIAL Steam app. Makes no sense.

I am just offering for people who wants to trade on mobile device, You can download app, and stop google play updates if you feel, its a scamm..

^this

We have had scammers build reputation over months by buying items via paypal and once the chargeback limit (6 months) is nearly over they immediately chargeback everyone and run away with everything, unless the creator is somewhat affiliated with steam or can prove himself to be a trustable member of the trading community I wouldnt trust it. Espeically many traders here have thousands of dollars worth of items, it isnt worth risking that for a small convenience though a third party application.

Also worth noting phishers up their game every time there is a new "barrier".

Phishing links in outpost comment > outpost inputs verification of links > adding users to phish > users get used to messages > have delayed messages to make them seem like a legit person > users getting used to it again > sfn. file verification scam > steam implements email verification > [insert next level scam] 3 months is also nicely around the time when email verification was a thing...

lol mate, really? how would you trade and chat without a steam account? OpenId does not let trade. Why someone would make a good app, and then, from no where, destroy app?

No problem if you don't trust this app, If you don't need it, better use official steam app. But just letting you know that there is a github page, and you can review source code for ice, there is no such scripts to send your credentials to anyone.

ce does require you to enter your Steamâ„¢ username and password. This information is sent only to official Steamâ„¢ servers.

EDIT: There is always a good choice to keep your email confirmations enabled.

lol mate, really? how would you trade and chat without a steam account? OpenId does not let trade. Why someone would make a good app, and then, from no where, destroy app?

No problem if you don't trust this app, If you don't need it, better use official steam app. But just letting you know that there is a github page, and you can review source code for ice, there is no such scripts to send your credentials to anyone.

ce does require you to enter your Steamâ„¢ username and password. This information is sent only to official Steamâ„¢ servers.

Steam has their own official steam app where you can chat, if you want to trade you can also use official mobile browsers to accept/decline trade offers.

That is a very silly question to be asking since you are blindly trusting an app the very same question can be asked why would anyone make an app where there is already an official one? Or why wouldn't they? they most likely made the app because it was a source of revenue and if a path leads to more revenue what's stopping them from taking that path?

Yes, it is on github, yes they claim information is only sent to official steam servers but nothing is stopping them from changing that right? or having a back door to store that data? answer is nothing is stopping them. The very fact that they need to store a [.ssfn? might be different for mobile] file to bypass steam guard for the application to let you log in already goes against that. (It's the file which controls steam’s verification of your identity via Steam Guard, if anyone uses your file they can easily gain control of your account which is why the phishing sites which "verify" your ssfn file exists)

The argument you present is "why would they scam" and "you can review the code". My reply to that is "why wouldnt they" and "it changes nothing". It's the same principle as to why any user with half a brain would never use a 3rd party bank application because you're entrusting details to someone on the sole hope that they arnt going to try scam you, that they wont some day turn around and run off with your money. You can argue that bank accounts and steam account are different, no they arnt especially when many users have thousands of dollars worth of items their account.

Steam has their own official steam app where you can chat, if you want to trade you can also use official mobile browsers to accept/decline trade offers.

That is a very silly question to be asking since you are blindly trusting an app the very same question can be asked why would anyone make an app where there is already an official one? Or why wouldn't they? they most likely made the app because it was a source of revenue and if a path leads to more revenue what's stopping them from taking that path?

Yes, it is on github, yes they claim information is only sent to official steam servers but nothing is stopping them from changing that right? or having a back door to store that data? answer is nothing is stopping them. The very fact that they need to store a [.ssfn? might be different for mobile] file to bypass steam guard for the application to let you log in already goes against that. (It's the file which controls steam’s verification of your identity via Steam Guard, if anyone uses your file they can easily gain control of your account which is why the phishing sites which "verify" your ssfn file exists)

The argument you present is "why would they scam" and "you can review the code". My reply to that is "why wouldnt they" and "it changes nothing". It's the same principle as to why any user with half a brain would never use a 3rd party bank application because you're entrusting details to someone on the sole hope that they arnt going to try scam you, that they wont some day turn around and run off with your money. You can argue that bank accounts and steam account are different, no they arnt especially when many users have thousands of dollars worth of items their account.

if it was a phishing program, then why i am still here? anyways, backpack.tf automatic works with the same login as ice client has, bp.tf automatic is not an oficial steam program or something, they can do anything they want too, without knowing they can put something to steal credentials, I am not sure, why i should not trust ICE, (yeah i trust ice, but not 100% because it is not popular enough.) I mean, creator must be stupid to make all these functions and then steal info lol, you can download app, and decompile apk file and see that everything is right as it is on github, if you still dont trust, dont update ice client, after it comes, look at reviews on google play. I know that it's a mania about phishing and much more stuff, not even trying to rush u to get this app, I believe there is a lot of people who still don't trust this, if this app becomes very popular, then there will be no chance that he will start to steal accounts.

Sorry if i am rude, i know i am bad person, just saying my opinion. Hackers one day will make something again as XSS script when it was, just ned to accept hacker on friend list and boom, your items are gone. Thanks for checking this anyways!

BTW ice client creator tries to make something better, than just "accept trade offers through browser" actually i see a lot people on forums asking how to trade on phone without doing trade offer accept http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/8/, because, maybe you want to send someone a trade offer, not only accept? (example: Backpack.tf classifieds, people ignores friend requests, better to send offer and wait till he accepts, than post him to send you a trade offer, then wait double more time) ICE is made in 2013 october? i dont know right date, I support him, because official steam app is abandoned, (april 13 got update, wow, 3 years long update just to add not even noticable UI, and weird steam guard)

Archived