Daily Discussion.

Stripey

WE'RE DOING IT GUYS 

So, I just copy-pasted this from the Ace Fortress 2 Forum. Yes, I know many people dislike Acesgamer, but hey, this is some discussion stuff. I'll be copy-pasting a few, and I hope this takes off here, as it did in AF2. Credit for this discussion go to JR.

Talked about this in class a few days ago, and I haven't gotten a question up for one yet.

What is "evil"? Is it a sort of force, or are there other factors that go into it?

For example, people consider Adolf Hitler as the definition of evil. Were there other factors such as mental stability / outside influences that went into this, or was a natural evil / force of evil?

Proof_that_women_are_evil_by_grammaton48

this, a proof my math teacher showed us once(internet pic). time and money multipled is how to get a woman. Time is money and money is time. Money is the root of all evil. Therefore women= evil.

WHO NEEDS TO THINK WHEN WE HAVE GOOGLE TRANSLATE?!

Exploring how a concept has been approached before doesn't mean you don't need to explore it further--it gives you a starting point to build upon, and reflecting on the ideas of others helps you focus and improve your own.

Considering this thread started with a copy/paste of a different thread I'm not sure I understand your post.

Evil is really opinionated, to some people (Not many nowadays, possibly some Neo-Nazi's left) Hitler was a Great Man, to me he was a Great leader, a deceptive one, but not a Great Man. This is all opinions along with most things with life.

To me Evil, stands out to be some one who is tyrannical and deceptive. A person who might lie to you and trick you, that is evil in my opinion.

A loose definition, in my opinion:

Evil, noun: An abstract "force" that "motivates" people to do what is considered morally wrong. 

Evil, adjective: Extremely morally wrong, from the perspective of the person labeling the "evil" person as "morally wrong."

• 2 years later...

Archived