The Backpack.tf Newsletter

λngelღмander

UNmW7G.png
Current reporters: ϟPlaxorøusϟ.
Current editorial writers: None.
Current alternate publisher: A Delicious Cashew.
Current archive manager: Toby.

Only the most recent four weeks will be shown here, the rest of them can be found in this archive.

The Week of December 27, 2015-January 2, 2016

December 27 Frost was banned once again for trading with scammer alts.

December 28 After 3 years, Chigga was finally unbanned on outpost. He had been permanently banned for saying that he'd pay a ref to be unbanned in his appeal.â– Frost's ban was overturned. â– The 2016 Homepage Contest began. Read more about it here.
December 29 Nothing here yet.
December 30 LaughingLollipop was banned 3 days for posting images that contained nudity.
December 31 Water Salesman and Jet Lad were banned a day each for ignoring moderators and posting spam.â– Ixenzo was banned for a day for insulting other members.
January 1 After losing a Hearts KE on sweetstakes, The Oddball was banned 5 days for using alts on the forums.â– Lmf was banned 5 days for using alts on the forums as well.
January 2 SilverSpeed appealed their outpost ban today.

The Week of January 3-9, 2016

January 3 Major changes to the unusual suggestion rules occurred. Read about them here.â– Steamrep updated its rules regarding the punishment over trades with scammers. Read about them here.
January 4 Nothing here yet.
January 5 Nothing here yet.
January 6 F-o-G opened up applications for middlemen. Middlemen will be green tagged and must be reputable and have experience with multiple online currencies (Webmoney, skrill, paypal).
January 7 Backpack.tf reached 100 thousand members on its steam group.â– Bomber Rat successfully appealed his mark from steamrep, but is still marked by Skial for fake reputation.
January 8 Scrap.tf was accepted as a friend community on SteamRep.â– Backpack.tf overhauled it's main site interface. Primary changes involved updates to the premium search and the main site aesthetics. Read more about it here.
January 9 Apo requested a one day temporary ban on forums.

The Week of January 10-16, 2016

January 10 Senpai Mario requested a permanent ban on the forums.

January 11 Nothing here yet.

January 12 Nothing here yet.
January 13 Cedar appealed his permanent outpost ban.
January 14 Nothing here yet.
January 15 Nothing here yet.
January 16 A new subforum was added to the Great Below. Dubbed 'Forum Games', its purpose follows its namesake.â– A new episode of the backpack.tf Podcast was uploaded, this time more of a filler to build anticipation for things to come than a full fledged podcast.

The Week of January 17-23, 2016
January 17 Submissions to the homepage contest have closed, and voting will begin soon.

February 8: Kablam was permanently banned after racist remarks in the status updates

February 21: This thread was unstickied.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by polar, April 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, April 9, 2015 - No reason given

Also, buds are kill, but that's not important.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, March 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, March 26, 2015 - No reason given

FUCK THIS 

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Also, buds are kill, but that's not important.

lel buds have been kill for a while

lel buds have been kill for a while

But now they're really kill.

What happened to "Stop fussing over my mark." or do you want more attention?

If he didn't want attention he probably wouldn't have knowingly bought the hat from a scammer and reported himself in the first place.

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 22, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, March 22, 2015 - No reason given

this dirty nigger stole my idea

Oh no I didn't. I decided to turn this into a reality, but it was actually polar's idea. I heard it through the grapevine and started on it right away.

You should post the latest news on the top of the page.

Also remove news ~3 weeks old. (Make a computer note of removed news as a database.)

You should post the latest news on the top of the page.

Also remove news ~3 weeks old. (Make a computer note of removed news as a database.)

that... May be a good idea

I could make an archive thread where the old stuff goes

Good. No more (none) posts because he got called out as a dumbass.

Also link to sourcerep thread?

EDIT: found it. Venom confirmed official damage control man

Nicely done

Thank you, I appreciate that. If you ever want to be staff, just give me a holler and I'll introduce you to everyone. I could use more people because we have bouts where no one is online.

And lamentably, aaroncsn, a moderator on the forums and backpack.tf main site got his verdict to be cautioned on steamrep today. It appears that aaron blocked the mod from F-o-G, and the mod took offense and gave him a caution. Will he lose his position on backpack.tf? 

Did they actually comment on the report saying that? Can't check it atm

Archived